PDA

View Full Version : seat material seperation

mkmfazio
10-08-2007, 12:45 AM
I have a 2001 Prostar 190 purchased new in October of 2002 and has only 257 hours of use, always garaged and cleaned after every use.
The problem we have discovered is the seat cover material is splitting or seperating across the seam lines in the seats about a 1/4 inch on each side of the seams, more so on the rear seat and sun deck area.
I also have a few pink spots in the white material but not as bad as some I have seen.
Is this a common problem with material splitting, and is my only option to replace the seat covers already?
This is my 3rd new Mastercraft in the last 16 years and I have never had as many issues as I am having with this one.
The boat sits under a covered lift when we are using it for the weekend and then put on the trailer and cleaned and dried out and put back in a temperature controlled garage until the next weekends use.
I have had to replace the sender for an inoperative gas guage,
replaced the alternator, repaired the alternator wiring, the steering cable needed replacement, The fuel pump shorted and lost all fuel pressure, the oil pressure sending switch went out, The Mastercraft
logo decals on the side of the boat have been a constant source of
grief, as they peel at the corners and last but not least the trailer cracked after about 150 miles of use (2 days old).
What gives, I feel like I bought a boat built on a Monday after a long holiday weekend.
Sorry for the long rant, just another passionate Mastercraft owner.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

rodltg2
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
only 1 fuel pump? :confused:

prostar205
10-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Take the cushion(s) that have the seams ripping to your local uphoster and they will remove the skin and re-stitch the seam. I had a few done on my 2002 X30 interior and they did a great job. I help save some money, I removed all the SS staples from the skin and actually took the skin off the frame of the cushion. Then all my upholster had to do was stitch and reinstall the skin. Total cost per cushion: $70.