PDA

View Full Version : Door To Door.....Kirby

Footin
10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Had a sales person knock on my door today and I saw the Kirby vacuum info right away. I nicely told them I was not interested.

Then as always they give you a funny look, like you're stupid or something, and say "well, ok then".

I swear if another Kirby, or any other door to door salesperson, tries to make me feel stupid again, I goin spyder monkey on their a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, this has nothing to do with boats or skiing, just had to vent.

Monte
10-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi sir would you like to buy a Kirby??? How about this nice rainbow??:cool:

Dude you live in filth why not....:confused: :rolleyes: :D

TMCNo1
10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't understand it, but they don't come to my house anymore since I poured 11 flower pots on the floor and it stopped up his Miracle Vacuum Cleaner!

Monte
10-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Had a guy come to sell us replacement windows once.. He was wearing croc. skin shoes.. a gold watch, several gold chains, and a ring on every other finger.. I forgot to mention the brand new lincoln he was driving.. 13k for 13 windows.. I forget the measurements, but ummmmmm NO!!

TheOneandOnly
10-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Place a NO SOLICTING sticker on your door, that should help keep them at bay. Should they decide to ring anyways make an as* out of them...

Footin
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM
It was a woman selling them, I almost said "Damn, you're hot! come on in and we can talk about it for a while".

Monte
10-05-2007, 11:05 PM
It was a woman selling them, I almost said "Damn, you're hot! come on in and we can talk about it for a while".

So many things to say.. So not wanting to get kicked off TT...

Chief
10-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Had a sales person knock on my door today and I saw the Kirby vacuum info right away. I nicely told them I was not interested.

Then as always they give you a funny look, like you're stupid or something, and say "well, ok then".

I swear if another Kirby, or any other door to door salesperson, tries to make me feel stupid again, I goin spyder monkey on their a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They still sell those things? If you buy one I would like one of the bags that they put your cushions in and suck flat. I think that will help get the water out of the sponges they cover with vinyl these days.

uawaterskier
10-06-2007, 02:49 AM
I goin spyder man that HO* is what i half expected that to say

atlfootr
10-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Had a sales person knock on my door today.I didn't know kirby reps still do that :confused:
I thought it was only, "The Jehovah Witness Program" that did that :rolleyes:

milkmania
10-06-2007, 02:51 PM

that's when you get her down on her hands and knees to help you look for your contact!

just sayin':rolleyes:

Roonie's
10-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I put a NO Solicitor sticker on my front steps. It kept most of them at bay. Occassionally a few would get by and I would remind them I have a no soliciting policy hence the sticker. It usually got rid of them fast.

We would get the recovered drug dealer selling magazines on our doorstep trying to better his life. Or the Jehovah witness trying to convert us. Also we would get the Sierra club asking to donate for something. Sometimes a kid just asking for money with an elaborate story car got towed etc, etc. Finally we would get the local democrat and republican representative knocking on our door to tell us about their candidate.

Get the No Solicting sticker.

6ballsisall
10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow! I didn't realize those guys still went around door to door.

Do they still sell Fuller Brush door to door too??

atlfootr
10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow! I didn't realize those guys still went around door to door.
Do they still sell Fuller Brush door to door too??Tonite, I saw a program called Made In America hosted by John Ratzenberger (Cliff Clavin "Cheers") who actually went to the Fuller Brush Company in Big Bend, Kansas and showed how the brushes, brooms and other products are manufactured.

It was interesting to say the least ..

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM

The Kirby's do work pretty well, but I think my Hoover suks just fine.

:( I hope the next one to knock on your door isn't a kid selling cookies or something...:(

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
So many things to say.. So not wanting to get kicked off TT...
you know what to do. ;)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
FWIW, my parents owned a small grocery-convienence store back in the 70's & 80's. They had carpeting in the store, and it was vacuumed 2 to 3 times a day because of the heavy amount of traffic in the store. loggers & construction workers dragging their diry, muddy boots in there all the time. They owned every vacuum cleaner under the sun. They tried em all! when it was all said and done, my dad said NOTHING worked better AND was more cost effective than your standard cheap upright vacuums. Kirby, electrolux, you name it, they all got beat out by the cheap uprights. they would use the heck out of them until they were just wore out, throw it away and buy a new one. The cheap "throw away" types were by far more cost effective than the "high end" route and they did a better job of vacuuming too. The expensive units broke down more often, and were expensive to fix, had to wait for parts, etc.... pain in the neck & wallet.

LakePirate
10-10-2007, 09:51 PM
FWIW, my parents owned a small grocery-convienence store back in the 70's & 80's. They had carpeting in the store, and it was vacuumed 2 to 3 times a day because of the heavy amount of traffic in the store. loggers & construction workers dragging their diry, muddy boots in there all the time. They owned every vacuum cleaner under the sun. They tried em all! when it was all said and done, my dad said NOTHING worked better AND was more cost effective than your standard cheap upright vacuums. Kirby, electrolux, you name it, they all got beat out by the cheap uprights. they would use the heck out of them until they were just wore out, throw it away and buy a new one. The cheap "throw away" types were by far more cost effective than the "high end" route and they did a better job of vacuuming too. The expensive units broke down more often, and were expensive to fix, had to wait for parts, etc.... pain in the neck & wallet.

Second that. Nothing picks up grass better than the cheapies. At the Pro Shop we had a high tech one that always clogged and the cheapie with the duct taped cord always worked.

Ryan
10-11-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know the pricing on those, what are they running these days?

From what I remember, you could buy a cheap vacuum from Target and recarpet a couple medium sized rooms instead.

lanier92prostar
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Interesting about this thread, we had a Kirby guy and gal get arrested in our neighborhood last night. A neighbor called 911 because this individual would not leave his property. The cops came and gave the salespeople a warning. The dumb**** came back the next night and the cops were called again and they were arrested for trespassing.

6ballsisall
10-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Interesting about this thread, we had a Kirby guy and gal get arrested in our neighborhood last night. A neighbor called 911 because this individual would not leave his property. The cops came and gave the salespeople a warning. The dumb**** came back the next night and the cops were called again and they were arrested for trespassing.

I'll bet that gentlemen is selling used cars by next month. (no offense to professional car sales people)

I'll add my two cents. We had one of those "Sharks" sold at Target. It was on "ok" vacumm. We have a yellow lab that sheds like crazy and a german shorthair that sheds too (those fine little hairs that are very hard to pick up) We bought a Dyson Animal about 2 years ago and it's been the best thing since sliced bread for us. My wife vaccums every day (yes you got that right :rolleyes: ) and every day she is able to get about 2/3 a container full of dog hair out. Our old Shark wouldn't pick up squat even with a new bag. My allergies have been MUCH better since we got the Dyson. My parents have 3 Kirby vaccums and have since bought a Dyson after trying ours.

Leroy
10-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Can we have a AMEN brother JR! Keep the faith :)

I'll bet that gentlemen is selling used cars by next month. (no offense to professional car sales people)

I'll add my two cents. We had one of those "Sharks" sold at Target. It was on "ok" vacumm. We have a yellow lab that sheds like crazy and a german shorthair that sheds too (those fine little hairs that are very hard to pick up) We bought a Dyson Animal about 2 years ago and it's been the best thing since sliced bread for us. My wife vaccums every day (yes you got that right :rolleyes: ) and every day she is able to get about 2/3 a container full of dog hair out. Our old Shark wouldn't pick up squat even with a new bag. My allergies have been MUCH better since we got the Dyson. My parents have 3 Kirby vaccums and have since bought a Dyson after trying ours.

6ballsisall
10-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Can we have a AMEN brother JR! Keep the faith :)

TRU DAT Leroy!! AMEN!!! :cool: