PDA

View Full Version : Drydocking your boat?

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I am soon to close on my 1st boat, a 07 X-star SS. Due to a temporary lack of storage I am looking at dry docking for a few months. The boat will be used in brackish water on the coast of SC, therefore it will need to be flushed and cleaned after each use. I am nervous about putting this boat in the hands of someone else. I am weary that they will not give it the attention to cleaning it needs. Have yall had success w/ dry docking your boats? Am I over reacting? Thanks

Leroy
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Bump....

If you mean by dry docking---storing in a large building where the boats are racked or just parked I know several people that do that and have not heard of any problems. They should have insurance in case something happens anyway.

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah I just put my 07 x-star in a dry dock and know everyone wants to be my best friend. They are taking good care of it..hoping I will take them out for a few sets. $300 a month which really is crushing my wallet kinda sucks!

Leroy
10-15-2007, 12:36 PM
$300 / month for storage would crush a lot of wallets! Around here it is $100-$150/month

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Funny thing is my marina is the crustiest one in town and is still that taxed! Only temporary, 3 months and I can keep it at work.

shepherd
10-15-2007, 12:47 PM
You don't have a trailer? Seems to me storing it on a trailer in a "general" storage lot away from the water would be a LOT cheaper than $300/month.

beatle78
10-15-2007, 12:50 PM
yah, get a trailer and put it in a 10'x30' locked storage facility

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I call the marina and my boat is in the water waiting in 20 minutes. Dock it and they wash, flush and put it up. Nice service. I am building a new building for my business and in a few months I will have a climate controlled building to house the new boat. A ramp is about 5 minutes from my business so that will be the long term plan. This is my 1st boat, so launching it and putting it back on the trailer make me a little nervous. Figured I would get a few hrs operating the boat under my belt then I should feel more comfortable doing the other business.