PDA

View Full Version : guide posts

drbesvold1
10-04-2007, 12:01 PM
i need some ideas or if mastercraft makes anything to put over metal guide posts so i dont scratch the hell out of my new paint job when its done i know they make those pads but thats not good enough i need something rubber on the top of the post any ideas. as u see in the pic if u look close nothing ontop of the guide post

jraben8
10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
I use 2" pvc with end caps at the top. Some of the pads are large enough to go over the pvc but I don't know which are.

KnoxX2
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Local Dealer can hook you up. I think they cost $5.00 each

TMCNo1
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
i need some ideas or if mastercraft makes anything to put over metal guide posts so i dont scratch the hell out of my new paint job when its done i know they make those pads but thats not good enough i need something rubber on the top of the post any ideas. as u see in the pic if u look close nothing ontop of the guide post

2" hitch ball covers found most anywhere trailer supplies are sold, Bearing Buddy Bras or a MC dealer can get the caps from MC. There should also be a piece of PVC pipe over the steel tube that bolts to the trailer so that it will spin under a PVC ring popriveted to the steel tube to prevent it from floating off when you launch or load. I used a set of chrome tubes cut from a set of long wheelbase pickup truck bedrails that I found at a freight salvage store. I taped the steel trailer tube so they won't spin and they are too heavy to float and I get no marks in the rubrail or on the chrome.

drbesvold1
10-04-2007, 12:28 PM
do they make those stainless steel guide post still or how can i go about getting new ones cause mine are pretty banged up and looking into getting new ones

TMCNo1
10-04-2007, 12:35 PM
do they make those stainless steel guide post still or how can i go about getting new ones cause mine are pretty banged up and looking into getting new ones

The original steel posts should be fine, just remove and paint, but you need a tube cover to go over them.

I edited my post, so you may want to re-read. Restaurant Equipment Supply Companies can order Polished/Clear Coated Brass bar rail piping in 2", Chrome, Polished Stainless Steel, but you have to order 12' min, but they will cut to any lengths from the 12' you buy, then ship the pieces to you. What covers you see in the previous post pic is over the steel tube that is bolted to the trailer and runs thru the fiberflass fender into a tube in the trailer frame and is secured with 2 bolts in nuts welded to the frame tubes.

X2M
10-04-2007, 12:39 PM
The original steel posts should be fine, just remove and paint, but you need a tube cover to go over them.

I edited my post, so you may want to re-read. Restaurant Equipment Supply Companies can order Polished/Clear Coated Brass bar rail piping in 2", Chrome, Polished Stainless Steel, but you have to order 12' min, but they will cut to any lengths from the 12' you buy, then ship the pieces to you.

How much does that run? Can you get brushed aluminum clear coated too?

TMCNo1
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
How much does that run? Can you get brushed aluminum clear coated too?

When I bought a show set in 1994 and had them cut to order and shipped it was like $75=tax=shipping for the whole 12', they cut @ no charge (2) 38" pieces for my use and (2) 34" pieces that I sold to another boat owner who had a newer boat/trailer with shorter tubes.
Not sure about the aluminum with clear coat, just check with your local restaurant supply house, they have all sorts of catalogues from manufacturers they can order from.
The salvage truck bed rails I bought were $35, but new ones run near $150+ for chrome and over $200 in S/S!
I've been running those on the trailer since 1991 and only use the bar rail ones for boat judging when we compete at reunions.

drbesvold1
10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
When I bought a show set in 1994 and had them cut to order and shipped it was like $75=tax=shipping for the whole 12', they cut @ no charge (2) 38" pieces for my use and (2) 34" pieces that I sold to another boat owner who had a newer boat/trailer with shorter tubes.
Not sure about the aluminum with CC, just check with your local restaurant supply house, they have all sorts of catalogues from manufacturers they can order from.
The salvage truck bed rails I bought were $35, but new ones run near $150+ for chrome and over $200 in S/S!
I've been running those on the trailer since 1991 and only use the bar rail ones for boat judging when we compete at reunions. yep tmc you have deeper pockets then any of us on here can i get a loan lmao jk

X2M
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info TMC#1. I will have to tell my husband about this. Brushed aluminum guide posts would look very nice with all the brushed aluminum on the boat.... and on my shiney black trailer.

WickedWakeDude
12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Folks,

Check out MadDogProducts.com, call and ask for Chris, he makes the standard ones for Mastercraft and the Sunbrella ones with closed ends for the dealers...he can sell them to you plain in Black and they look sweet and hold up.

Tell him BG sent ya, him and I go way back....