PDA

View Full Version : looking for ideas to paint my 88 190

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
this is what it use to look like now im looking for ideas for a new paint schem any ideas out there

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 09:46 PM
creamy white with a darker red stripe somewhere...that would look nice

rektek
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I vote for some type of tribal camofolage pattern, 50ca. mounted on that wing for jet skiers

JohnE
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM
From what I see, I don't know why you want to repaint it. Looks good to me.

But if I were going to repaint it, I'd try to match an original color scheme. Did they do reverse gel in '88? I saw one older original reverse gel from around that year. May have been in the "unique prostars" thread.

Can't wait to see whatever you decide. Keep us posted and good luck!

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
I vote for some type of tribal camofolage pattern, 50ca. mounted on that wing for jet skiers are we shooting jetskiers now from our mastercrafts lol

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 09:54 PM
From what I see, I don't know why you want to repaint it. Looks good to me.

But if I were going to repaint it, I'd try to match an original color scheme. Did they do reverse gel in '88? I saw one older original reverse gel from around that year. May have been in the "unique prostars" thread.

Can't wait to see whatever you decide. Keep us posted and good luck!
well to be honest when i bought the boat there were alot of scratches and chipping paint , i let my ex girl friend drive it on the trailer and she scrathed the hell out of the side so i had no choice to sand the whole boat which im in the process of doing now and get it repainted, plus im doing all new upolstery and carpeting as well the moral of the story is NEVER LET A WOMAN DRIVE YOUR MASTERCRAFT LOL

Farmer Ted
10-03-2007, 10:02 PM
well to be honest when i bought the boat there were alot of scratches and chipping paint , i let my ex girl friend drive it on the trailer and she scrathed the hell out of the side so i had no choice to sand the whole boat which im in the process of doing now and get it repainted, plus im doing all new upolstery and carpeting as well the moral of the story is NEVER LET A WOMAN DRIVE YOUR MASTERCRAFT LOL

post some pictures of your project

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 10:05 PM

Not to be rude but is that y shes your ex?

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 10:07 PM
post some pictures of your project ok ill take pics of what i have done so far tommrow but here are pics of the reasons im redoing the whole boat

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Not to be rude but is that y shes your ex? no but that tore me up to see her scratch the m/c that day

JohnE
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Why was the boat painted in the first place? You probably wouldn't know if it was that way when you bought it I guess. My buddy painted his '86 SN a metalflake and it has held up pretty well in the last 10 years.

I would still try to go with an original color scheme. Albeit one of the more obscure ones. Or else mimic TMC1's!

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I dont no if I would talk to her the whole way home and then some. That would....i cant even think about it without cringing

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
i have never seen there boats b4

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I dont no if I would talk to her the whole way home and then some. That would....i cant even think about it without cringing oh she slept on the couch for 3 nights and 2 weeks later i kicker her out and now im stuck with the bill for doing all of this

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 10:14 PM

I am disappointed to hear you say that. My wife of nearly 38 years and our daughter, when she was skiing and driving have always driven our boat on and off the trailer for over 18 years without a scratch. I have never unloaded or loaded it! I just takes a little proper instruction, communication, patience and a little time to learn to do it right so your never the laughing stock at the ramp or the pain in the butt to others trying to get into or off the water while your wasting time not trusting important people in your life to share in the boating experience.

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Harold throw some pics of your boat up here so he can get a look!

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I am disappointed to hear you say that. My wife of nearly 38 years and our daughter, when she was skiing and driving have always driven our boat on and off the trailer for over 18 years without a scratch. I have never unloaded or loaded it! I just takes a little proper instruction, communication, patience and a little time to learn to do it right so your never the laughing stock at the ramp or the pain in the butt to others trying to get into or off the water while your wasting time not trusting important people in your life to share in the boating experience. well she didnt know how to back up the trailer into the water and there were other boats trying to load there boats up so i had no choice to let her drive it but oh well i learned my lesson,

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Harold throw some pics of your boat up here so he can get a look!

Just click on my camera icon to the right of my screen name.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Harold, I'm with you, but if I have a choice, Monica drives backs the trailer in rather than loading it.

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Harold, I'm with you, but if I have a choice, Monica drives backs the trailer in rather than loading it.

Just as good! It's better with one of you in the boat and one of you in the tow vehicle, than the significant other(PC) standing on the pier with the boat crossed up blocking the ramp trying to hold it with a piece of dental floss talking up everyones time. Rant over!

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 10:53 PM
harold sweet looking boat but i dont have the deep pockets u do to make my boat look that sharp lol

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 11:02 PM
harold sweet looking boat but i dont have the deep pockets u do to make my boat look that sharp lol

No deep pockets there, just 18+ years of TLC, piddling and patience.

cbryan70
10-03-2007, 11:03 PM
he just is a little obsessive compulsive and waxes that thing like there is no tomorrow. HIs boat still has the new shine to it. Just shows with proper care how these boats will hold up. I wax the hell out of mine to...boat looks great car....well that gets put to the side during the summer for the boat detailing

JohnE
10-03-2007, 11:04 PM
No deep pockets there, just 18+ years of TLC, piddling and patience.

No deep pockets my arse. I know y'all into that boat for about $13K new plus $17.95 in teak sealer. 8p

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 11:04 PM
No deep pockets there, just 18+ years of TLC, piddling and patience. undertandable i have had my boat for a few months now and i figure i might as well put in all the money i can into it this winter so it looks sharp for a few years

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 11:14 PM
No deep pockets my arse. I know y'all into that boat for about $13K new plus $17.95 in teak sealer. 8p

:uglyhamme Close, $17K + a Dollar2.98 and tax on Teak Oil and 312 sample vinyl caps of various sizes and colors!

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
hey harold im curious what person who is going to csm 08 will be traveling the farthest to attend this event?

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 11:32 PM
hey harold im curious what person who is going to csm 08 will be traveling the farthest to attend this event?

Probably JohnE and Monica from Milford, Mass near Boston! My guess 19 hours driving time? JohnE can tell ya right on the money, time and mileage wise! We've driven straight thru from our house to Hot Springs, Arkansas towing the boat in 17.5 hours and that was a heck of a trip.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Probably JohnE and Monica from Milford, Mass near Boston! My guess 19 hours driving time? JohnE can tell ya right on the money, time and mileage wise! We've driven straight thru from our house to Hot Springs, Arkansas towing the boat in 17.5 hours and that was a heck of a trip.

We made it down in 12 hours last year..........Same as DougG from NJ! We it it hard, and only got stopped once.:D

But trailering the boat back it was 14 hours. About 900 miles. More important than speed is what time we leave, imo. Lots of NY/ NJ traffic.

It only jumps to 19 hours if you stop to oil the teak.8p

I'll be happy if I'm not travelling the farthest this year. Who's in? Is Sodar really coming?

drbesvold1
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
ok im comming from minnesota i wonder how long of a drive straight thru that will be to lake wiley

TMCNo1
10-04-2007, 06:18 AM
ok im comming from minnesota i wonder how long of a drive straight thru that will be to lake wiley

How many miles? Divide miles by 55 miles per hour average with a couple gas, pee and a eat stop, that's driving @ 68 to 70 mph. We averaged 55.5 mph over 12 trips from NC to Cypress Gardens, FL, stopping twice.

TMCNo1
10-04-2007, 06:23 AM
We made it down in 12 hours last year..........Same as DougG from NJ! We it it hard, and only got stopped once.:D

But trailering the boat back it was 14 hours. About 900 miles. More important than speed is what time we leave, imo. Lots of NY/ NJ traffic.

It only jumps to 19 hours if you stop to oil the teak.8p

I'll be happy if I'm not travelling the farthest this year. Who's in? Is Sodar really coming?

Easy on the equipment!:uglyhamme

Sodar will be flying, so he is for now "Unofficial Longest Distance Flying w/o a Boat".
Ya'll will be for now, Longest Distance Flying with boat"!

drbesvold1
10-04-2007, 08:48 AM
How many miles? Divide miles by 55 miles per hour average with a couple gas, pee and a eat stop, that's driving @ 68 to 70 mph. We averaged 55.5 mph over 12 trips from NC to Cypress Gardens, FL, stopping twice.pk mapquest has me at 19.5 hours but i know it will be about 15 hours

SkiDog
10-04-2007, 11:55 AM
are we shooting jetskiers now from our mastercrafts lol
Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where you been? Overseas, shooting sand monkeys! Oh yea, I forgot, But I appreciate what you do!:toast: :worthy:

SkiDog
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I am disappointed to hear you say that. My wife of nearly 38 years and our daughter, when she was skiing and driving have always driven our boat on and off the trailer for over 18 years without a scratch. I have never unloaded or loaded it! I just takes a little proper instruction, communication, patience and a little time to learn to do it right so your never the laughing stock at the ramp or the pain in the butt to others trying to get into or off the water while your wasting time not trusting important people in your life to share in the boating experience.

Thats cause HE don't know how to load it!:D :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

drbesvold1
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where you been? Overseas, shooting sand monkeys! Oh yea, I forgot, But I appreciate what you do!:toast: :worthy:yea i did my share of sand monkey killing would rather forget about that but ill bring my paint gun and water gun for those dang jet skiers lol

SkiDog
10-04-2007, 12:03 PM
yea i did my share of sand monkey killing would rather forget about that but ill bring my paint gun and water gun for those dang jet skiers lol
I'll buy you ALL the beer you can drink @ CSM if you'll just let ONE glob of paintball paint even come CLOSE to #1's boat!:D He won't mind, really:D

drbesvold1
10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
ill hide in the bushes like a sharp shooter and hit #1's boat a few times lol jk

Muttley
10-04-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm actually digging the silver. I've never seen one that colour. Maybe change the red to black and get a proper logo, or if your brave, go with a deep Corvette Yellow with a black highlite stripe.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/MuttleyC90/88mc.jpg

...it's a slow day and I'm bored. Can you tell?:D

drbesvold1
10-05-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm actually digging the silver. I've never seen one that colour. Maybe change the red to black and get a proper logo, or if your brave, go with a deep Corvette Yellow with a black highlite stripe.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/MuttleyC90/88mc.jpg

...it's a slow day and I'm bored. Can you tell?:D its really not a silver is a tan color and im not sure about the yellow dont want to look like a fruit cake out there lol

Monte
10-05-2007, 08:23 AM
It' really be nice to see if the guy who painted it knew what he was doing. Is there a chance all of the paint could be removed? Maybe you have a pristine boat hiding under that. It will create one Hell of a mess, but the way I see it. The only way to do it right is to get every bit of that off. If it is chipping now, painting over that is only going to compound the problem.. Good luck with it BTW..

My opinion is to see what you have (original) color wise, then match it..

drbesvold1
10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
It' really be nice to see if the guy who painted it knew what he was doing. Is there a chance all of the paint could be removed? Maybe you have a pristine boat hiding under that. It will create one Hell of a mess, but the way I see it. The only way to do it right is to get every bit of that off. If it is chipping now, painting over that is only going to compound the problem.. Good luck with it BTW..

My opinion is to see what you have (original) color wise, then match it.. that white stuff you see i am taking it as the fiberglass i have removed all of the paint off the bow and upper sides, im just really nervous on what to paint it

Muttley
10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
its really not a silver is a tan color and im not sure about the yellow dont want to look like a fruit cake out there lol

I didn't think it looked fruity! :rolleyes: Lavender or Magenta or maybe Mauve would be fruity! :D

Okay, how about an off-white base with some swirly updated graphics? Mabe adapt something like this...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/MuttleyC90/f23-tomcat-boat.jpg

drbesvold1
10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I didn't think it looked fruity! :rolleyes: Lavender or Magenta or maybe Mauve would be fruity! :D

Okay, how about an off-white base with some swirly updated graphics? Mabe adapt something like this...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/MuttleyC90/f23-tomcat-boat.jpghey mutt i kind of like farmer teds style with the 20 aniversry sence im still in the military and the patriotic theme