PDA

View Full Version : LT-1 starting problems

floridamastercraft
10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
my ski buddy as a 1995 prostar 190 with the corvette LT-1 engine.. it as about 12xx hours on it... here is the problem when it cold off the trailer is starts fine... but after the boat sits for about 30-45 mins after you run it it won't start it will take forever to start than.... the dealer doesn't really know whats going on so he doesn't want to spend alot of $$$ if not sure what is wrong to fix it....

anyone ever have anyproblems like this?

thanks

Jim@BAWS
10-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Call a FLORIDA dealer who does know.

Jim@BAWS

rektek
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
my ski buddy as a 1995 prostar 190 with the corvette LT-1 engine.. it as about 12xx hours on it... here is the problem when it cold off the trailer is starts fine... but after the boat sits for about 30-45 mins after you run it it won't start it will take forever to start than.... the dealer doesn't really know whats going on so he doesn't want to spend alot of $$$ if not sure what is wrong to fix it....

anyone ever have any problems like this?

thanks

Fuel injected engine ?
when it does finally start, how does it run ? smoke, smell etc ?
when it's failing the hot restart any fuel smell ?
I agree with Jim, this type of problem should be easy to diagnose by any competent technician.

post more info if you want anyone here to try and help.

floridamastercraft
10-03-2007, 11:03 PM
yea its fuel injected and he put fuel injecter cleaner in it...
when it starts it runs fin no smoke or smell
no fuel smell at all.....

jim, yea i think he need to take it somewhere else too...

Jim@BAWS
10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Call us

(813) 996 2297 or email Chuck at
ca.baws@verizon.net

Fuel pump or a faulty sensor

Jim@BAWS

floridamastercraft
10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
jim i'll tell him to call you guys... thanks

rektek
10-03-2007, 11:33 PM
sounds like the injection system is losing residual fuel pressure making for difficult hot restarts. hopefully Jim can hook you up

JimN
10-04-2007, 12:36 AM
If the air temperature is high and the motor has been run hard, it'll heat soak when it's off and the coolant temperature will increase to the point that the ECM thinks it has overheated. This switches the injector banks on and off, making it very hard to start. leave the motor box open while the motor is off and try it that way. If it starts right up, you'll know why. They had the same issue in Arizona, Southern California and Texas when these motors first came out and they had a recal for it. If the dealer didn't get the memo (doubtful), they wouldn't have done anything about it. If the original dealer went under and the new one didn't know which recals were implemented, ditto. Have the dealer hook it up for diagnostics and write the checksum and all of the other data on a sheet of paper and fax it to the technical/warranty department at MC, so they can see if A) the checksum is current and B) if there's anything that's apparently wrong.

If the fuel pressure is dropping, turning the key on so it can prime before cranking should get it to fire up immediately. If it takes two or more 5 second crank cycles, I would be looking at the fuel filter(s) and the screen in the pump inlet.