PDA

View Full Version : after market ballast pumps

boo4381
10-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know of an after market ballast pump that is stronger then the ones on the x-star stock? I have additional ballast and it takes a while right now to fill it up.

JoshBuzz
10-03-2007, 03:22 PM
the tsunami is supposed to be one of the best! for the price it is virtually unbeatable! What kind of sac's do you have??

1boarder
10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
The ballast puppys (MC stock) will be the fastest reversible pump you can find. The good thing about them is that they self prime. I believe they are rated at 660 gallons per hour. The other way to go would be aeriator style pumps, which run around 1200 gph but can get up to 2000 gph versions. the downside is of these pumps, is that they don't automatically prime and you will need 2 pumps because they aren't reversible. In order to prime them, they must be mounted under the water line of the boat for going to the ballast bag and the one coming back needs to be at the bottom of the ballast bag. Any air and they will lose their prime.

have you replaced your impellers lately? this may speed things up.

go to wakeside.com and look at ballast pumps to see basically all the options out there.

Jerseydave
10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Replace your impellers with the yellow ones, and make sure you run your engine while the ballast is filling/emptying. I believe the manual says to idle the engine at 1500 rpm's.