PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver

BriEOD
03-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Anyone remember the MC screensavers? I was thinking since we have a calendar now maybe we should make a screensaver. I was looking around and found some free software to make one. Everyone could email their pics and we could put one together. Any thoughts?

ski_king
03-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Sounds good to me!
We were never able to find anybody who still had the old screensaver software anyway.

Leroy
03-09-2005, 08:58 AM
BriEOD; Sounds good, are you done with the painting or trying to get out of it? :)

Anyone remember the MC screensavers? I was thinking since we have a calendar now maybe we should make a screensaver. I was looking around and found some free software to make one. Everyone could email their pics and we could put one together. Any thoughts?

BriEOD
03-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Leroy--Praise to God I'm done!! I did a huge hallway (actually it's 3 halls that come together with 10 foot ceilings) and the guest room. It's not my favorite thing to do that's for sure. No, I'm on my way to drop the engine cover off at to get Rhino Lined (Doug and JR inspired me, plus people keep stepping on the carpet at the bottom edge and it pulls away), then to Home Depot and West Marine. Cody and I are going to do some "manly" stuff today. I told Carla yesterday we (Cody and I--actually he slept mostly and I worked) worked hard for 2 days now we get to do something for the boat!! :D

MarkP
03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Halls are the worst.. all the dam doors to cut around:rant:

Tom023
03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I refuse to paint. Today is the third and final day of painters redoing the entire inside of my house. $2200 for 4400 sq.ft., plus the paint. It would have taken me 8+ weekends to do it...thank god for cheap labor.

And so the thread does not stay hijacked...I looked for the old screensavers but looks like I dumped them when I moved from a PC to a Mac.

ski_king
03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
To continue the hijack...
I hate painting!! While the inside of my house wont need any painting fo a few more years, the outside will require a coat or 2 of stain this summer. This will probobly cut into my sking time. :mad: My guess is I have about 40 hours of work ahead of me on a ladder. :rant:
End of Hijack...

I believe one of the photo programs that came with my computer can make a screen saver as well.

east tx skier
03-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I have a 2 room maximum per year in my contract. These projects occur during the winter when water skiing isn't an option. With the thousands of dollars I've apparently saved since I'm not getting paid to work weekends anyway, I've bought really nifty stuff for the boat. I'm still the cheapest labor around.

Brian, go for it with the rhino liner. Found some stuff at home depot called "goof off" that makes getting the old glue under the old foam out a snap.

Just finished modifying my insulation to solve my clearance issues. One good think about that foil-faced insulation is that any blemishes or tears can be fixed with foil tape for $2.76 per 10 foot roll.

Oh, and back on topic, just tell me where to send the screen saver pics.

André
03-09-2005, 12:12 PM
I think Milkmania could host it.He mentionned something about that possibility somewhere on this board.
But where ? Pffff!

milkmania
03-10-2005, 01:15 AM
you bet I could......still got 1.5 gig of storage space left:steering:

all paid for and not being used!

MasterMason
03-10-2005, 01:56 AM
goof off is great stuff, but be very carefull with it. My son was using it to take off a stain he got on his hand (dont' ask) and he dropped the rag with it on my bathroom floor. Made a very nice bubble in the lanolium in the bathroom. It is powerfull stuff.

BriEOD
03-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Halls are the worst.. all the dam doors to cut around:rant:

Yeah well I have chair rail throughout the entire house as well. It looks nice but is a pain for painting!!

BriEOD
03-10-2005, 08:59 AM
labor around.

Brian, go for it with the rhino liner. Found some stuff at home depot called "goof off" that makes getting the old glue under the old foam out a snap.

Just finished modifying my insulation to solve my clearance issues. One good think about that foil-faced insulation is that any blemishes or tears can be fixed with foil tape for $2.76 per 10 foot roll.

The inside of my engine box was straight plastic. Their was no insulation to scrape. I should have taken a before photo. What I really liked about JR's was the 3" strip on the outside of the engine box at the bottom where the carpet was. We kept stepping on that piece of carpet and pulling it away exposing the fiberglass. Now, I don't have to worry about that or wet carpet, plus it should insulate the sound a little better. I should have some pics real soon of the engine box, new stereo system and the new battery setup.

east tx skier
03-10-2005, 11:02 AM
goof off is great stuff, but be very carefull with it. My son was using it to take off a stain he got on his hand (dont' ask) and he dropped the rag with it on my bathroom floor. Made a very nice bubble in the lanolium in the bathroom. It is powerfull stuff.

No doubt. Once I got the goo out of there, I took the box to the car wash and hit it with the spray gun for a little while.

east tx skier
03-10-2005, 11:04 AM
The inside of my engine box was straight plastic. Their was no insulation to scrape. I should have taken a before photo. What I really liked about JR's was the 3" strip on the outside of the engine box at the bottom where the carpet was. We kept stepping on that piece of carpet and pulling it away exposing the fiberglass. Now, I don't have to worry about that or wet carpet, plus it should insulate the sound a little better. I should have some pics real soon of the engine box, new stereo system and the new battery setup.

Going from no insulation to insulation will be night and day I expect. The old stuff did a pretty good job at knocking the noise down, but the new stuff I got does a bit better job. I expect better things now that I can get the motor box all the way down. ;)

JEREMY79
03-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Alright guys I dont mind painting and may just be a poor country boy, but next time someone wants to drop 2K to paint a house you call me.
I'll be there with bells on!!!

Oh and I would send in some pics if we started this.

dmac
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Inside I don't mind, I do not want to tackle a major exterior job. We had to re-stain gable ends, soffits and trim back in Florida, I did not enjoy that as much. Agree with the overall sentiment that halls are a pain with all the cutting. Least favorited to paint is trim work because you really have to be careful.

There will be staining on the deck and dock at the lake house very soon though. After we pressure wash it shouldn't be too bad.

Tom023
03-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Alright guys I dont mind painting and may just be a poor country boy, but next time someone wants to drop 2K to paint a house you call me.
I'll be there with bells on!!!

Oh and I would send in some pics if we started this.
Sorry, don't want you using spray guns in my house!

JEREMY79
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Sorry, don't want you using spray guns in my house!

Funny!

I just started painting my (I mean our :confused: ) new house. I tought it would be easier to use my paint gun, but no. I have to do everything the old fashion way. Brush and roller. :mad:

dmac
03-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Funny!

I just started painting my (I mean our :confused: ) new house. I tought it would be easier to use my paint gun, but no. I have to do everything the old fashion way. Brush and roller. :mad:
Our exterior was painted a couple of springs ago, brushed and rolled. Later in the summer another house in the subdivision was sprayed. The difference in the overall quality of the finish is easily visible. There is a lot to be said for the old fashioned way.

And in an effort to get this back on track, I am interested in the screensaver idea as well.

Professor
03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
A screensaver would be nice especially if we had the option of choosing/changing the pics

ski_king
03-10-2005, 01:35 PM
The stain I use on the exterior of my house (Sikkens Cetol) can only be brushed and you have to keep a wet edge. Major pain in the a$$.
Mag, do you have any experience with this stuff?

I checked my software at home last night, I don't seem to have the screensaver creator program any longer.
Hopefully somebody has a program that does not include that annoying add that flaots or is displayed advertising the full version of the software.

whitedog
03-10-2005, 06:10 PM
I have two screensaver programs, trying to locate them. D@mm kids don't put things back. I can make them available when I find them.

mcprostar197
03-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Its easy to create your own MC screen saver. I have one on my computer. Just go to the MC website and go to the pictures made for computer backgrounds and instead of clicking set as background click save as or something like that and then get them all into the "my pictures" folder for microsoft users and then in the screen saver options put it on my pictures slideshow. If this doesnt make sense, sorry.....