PDA

View Full Version : New MC dealer in NJ

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Just found the new MC Dealer in NJ they are located on Lake Hopatcong.

http://www.flashmarina.com/

wakescene
10-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks Dave, makes it easy for us in N. Jersey. I towed my maristar home last weekend so she is sitting in Bergen County now!

Jerseydave
10-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the info, Dave. Now, when are you coming down to ride the river with us??? Not many weekends left, but this one will be in the 80's! :)

JohnE
10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
How far is that from Sparta?

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
its about 10 mins right down route 151, a lot closer than the CC dealer in the area. Just happy I only have to go 20 mins for parts, not 2 hours.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I'll be in Sparta next week. Might stop by there to say hello. Your boat still in the water Dave? I never did get there this summer.

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
My boat is up at Lake Wallenpaupack still, I think my dad is going to tow it home for me on Sat but I'm not sure yet.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Maybe we can get together next year........What town do you live in?

Then again, my Bro in Law's '88 Sea Ray IO will still be in the water.:D

Last time there it took me half way across lake mohawk to get up slalom.:mad: Oh yeah, and 3 dried out ropes were broken in the process.:(

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm in Morristown, too bad my ex moved away, she had a sweet 190 on there.I would pick mine up Friday but they dont allow boats over 20 ft.

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Dave I think we should Have an event for all MC owners. Have it on Lake Wallenpaupack...during the week tho.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm in Morristown, too bad my ex moved away, she had a sweet 190 on there.I would pick mine up Friday but they dont allow boats over 20 ft.

Is Morristown where the JR Cigar bar/ outlet is? If so, been there, like that. Mohawk limit is 19'6". Odd. But this time of year, I can get us on at a launch. The lake police don't patrol the ramps and are not on the water much if at all this time of year. I've ski'd there almost every October since '92.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Dave I think we should Have an event for all MC owners. Have it on Lake Wallenpaupack...during the week tho.

If you guys put something together, I'll come down. I assume you suggest during the week due to the lake being too busy on weekends?

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Without a doubt john, Lake Wally is just way to busy on the weekends. It would be no fun thats for sure. I really wanted my dad to go down to CSM this year but he doesnt want to trailer the boat so it would be sweet to get a bunch of MC owners together for a few days during the summer sometime.

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
JR is about 10 mins away from me, cant beat having a place like that near ya. Went to high school with the owners son. I'll let you know if I get my boat back, when are you going to be down?

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
What you think Dave....

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I would be up for it, I am sure we could probably talk Ryan into doing something too, maybe he will put in that new submersible slalom course.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
JR is about 10 mins away from me, cant beat having a place like that near ya. Went to high school with the owners son. I'll let you know if I get my boat back, when are you going to be down?

Been going to JR since it opened there around '97 (?)or so. Great cigars, and some nice beverages to complement them.

I'm coming down next Friday 10/12 to mainly go to my nephew's high school football game. Pope John - he's a freshman. Will be there until Sunday. As bad as it sounds, if my BIL's boat is still in, I'll get behind it. For the past 14 years we've been going down on the weekend of his birthday around october 17 and skiing behind that POS. And it's ball knocking cold.

Lennyp04
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Dave we should really do this. Theres enough MC's on the lake that if we couldnt get anybody else we could still have some fun. This would be sweet though. Ive always wanted to meet guys off TT. So far ive met Dave (dmayer) and of course Doug G. But if we could do this, that would be sick.

And yeah im sure Ryan could and would get something going!

dmayer84
10-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Its supposed to be 80 this weekend, so you might be in luck. My boat should be home by then, and it wont be winterized yet, so we could try and get it in there.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Without a doubt john, Lake Wally is just way to busy on the weekends. It would be no fun thats for sure. I really wanted my dad to go down to CSM this year but he doesnt want to trailer the boat so it would be sweet to get a bunch of MC owners together for a few days during the summer sometime.

I'd love to come down to Lake Wally and join you if you can put something together. Who else is there? Dave and DougG, right? Who else?

Also, if you can talk your dad into coming down to CSM, it is a blast. I'm probably closer to your dad's age than yours.:o But I'm way more fun than him.:D We are going to be there for the duration. If you can talk him into going down, there will be plenty of room on other boats for you guys. You'd be welcome with me, and many others, I'm sure. You don't need to bring your boat. Heck, fly into Charlotte even if it is only for 2 days. Very inexpensive flight. If I didn't have the luxury of taking a week off of work, I'd fly in if it were only for a day. Met so many great people last year. Doug's coming again. I assume you know him from Lake Wallapaupakakakorwhateveryoucallit?

eswolfgang
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
hey guys, saw the thread... I'm on lake wally too..tan/blue X2 switch..

dmayer84
10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Awesome, where on the lake do u usually go out?

Jerseydave
10-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey Dave,

I'll be looking to rent a small house/condo/cottage next summer at the lake. Let me know if you hear of anything.

You guys should get together this weekend, last of the 80's up there I'm sure.

I want to check out the dealer in NJ too, in case I need something for the X-star.

-Dave W

dmayer84
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm towin the boat home on Sunday, left it at the dealer to get the hull washed. I pretty much loose all of my Saturdays till the end of December because of fireschool all day. I have been itching to get out so bad

Jerseydave
10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
WE're going out tomorrow on the river, high of 86, water temp 69, wind only 5-6 mph. Should be a good day.

Threadjack over, sorry!

JohnE
10-04-2007, 07:58 PM
So all you Jersey guys really ought to get a little event going for next season.

Jerseydave
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
We had one back in june, go here www.njwakefest.com

This was our 2nd year, awesome time! Not just for MC owners, everyone. I think about 300 people came!

Lennyp04
10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd love to come down to Lake Wally and join you if you can put something together. Who else is there? Dave and DougG, right? Who else?

Also, if you can talk your dad into coming down to CSM, it is a blast. I'm probably closer to your dad's age than yours.:o But I'm way more fun than him.:D We are going to be there for the duration. If you can talk him into going down, there will be plenty of room on other boats for you guys. You'd be welcome with me, and many others, I'm sure. You don't need to bring your boat. Heck, fly into Charlotte even if it is only for 2 days. Very inexpensive flight. If I didn't have the luxury of taking a week off of work, I'd fly in if it were only for a day. Met so many great people last year. Doug's coming again. I assume you know him from Lake Wallapaupakakakorwhateveryoucallit?

Well ill tell you what. Doug G's son and me met in 7th grade in Social Studies class. So Chris and I have known each other since 7th and now were both in 11th. Doug has to be one of the coolest 40 or however old he is year old around.

BTW thanks for the invite I will keep working my dad and let you know!!

Lennyp04
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Hey man hows it going. I remeber seeing you down at sterling a few times. Maybe you remeber when you were dropping off for the 20 hours service im the kid who helped you into that slip at Sterling? If not its cool. Im Lenny btw and welcome to TT!

Lennyp04
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
NJ how often Do you come to Lake Wallenpaupack? I dont think Ive seen you there before

JohnE
10-06-2007, 07:28 AM
We had one back in june, go here www.njwakefest.com

This was our 2nd year, awesome time! Not just for MC owners, everyone. I think about 300 people came!

I remember that thread now. I was trying to find a way to make that, but couldn't. That is about 2 hours from my bro in law's house. Lake Wally is much closer, so more conveneint for me. Anyhow, I'll try to make next year's event if it happens.

Lennyp04
10-06-2007, 07:49 AM
I too remeber that event. Didnt go but Dave said I should. I really want my dad to trailer the boat around and you know have fun on other lakes and a little showing off. Nah just kidding. But I think that since we have a house on Lake Wallenpaupack he thinks the boat should stay there and in the water all year which I cant really complain because I'm really lucky to have the lake front house with a dock and right by sterling so Im not gonna complain.

JohnE, whens the last time you were down at Lake Wally? And what kinda boat you rollin' in so I know what to look for if you come down!

Jerseydave
10-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I too remeber that event. Didnt go but Dave said I should. I really want my dad to trailer the boat around and you know have fun on other lakes and a little showing off. Nah just kidding. But I think that since we have a house on Lake Wallenpaupack he thinks the boat should stay there and in the water all year which I cant really complain because I'm really lucky to have the lake front house with a dock and right by sterling so Im not gonna complain.

JohnE, whens the last time you were down at Lake Wally? And what kinda boat you rollin' in so I know what to look for if you come down!

Lenny & John E,

I spend most of my time down here on the Delaware river in NJ, haven't been to lake Wally for 2 years, but may get up there a few times next summer.

NJ Wakefest WILL happen again in 2008, that's for sure. No need to bring boats, there will be plenty to ride behind. Lots of prizes (raffle), food and fun. We had Brett Eisenhauer and Randall Harris there this year, even had a premiere of the film "Transgression" at the end of the day!

I might put together a winter chill-out meet-and-greet in either january or february down here. All skiers and wakeboarders welcome. Anyone interested in that?

Lennyp04
10-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I would be up for a little meet and great. By then I'll have my license so if no one in my family wants to drive down maybe I can!!

JohnE
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM

Lenny,

I'm from MA. My brother in law who we are very close with lives in Sparta, NJ on lake Mohawk. I've never been to your lake but would like to do so on one of my visits to his house. I was supposed to go to his house this past July 4 week, but then it didn't happen. I love taking my boat to different lakes. Then again, I don't live on a lake.

JohnE
10-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Lenny & John E,

I spend most of my time down here on the Delaware river in NJ, haven't been to lake Wally for 2 years, but may get up there a few times next summer.

NJ Wakefest WILL happen again in 2008, that's for sure. No need to bring boats, there will be plenty to ride behind. Lots of prizes (raffle), food and fun. We had Brett Eisenhauer and Randall Harris there this year, even had a premiere of the film "Transgression" at the end of the day!

I might put together a winter chill-out meet-and-greet in either january or february down here. All skiers and wakeboarders welcome. Anyone interested in that?

njskier,

As I posted above, I don't live in NJ, but visit my BIL a lot. I'd try to coincide a visit to his house with the event. Probably would take his kids with us. If I'm coming, I'd bring the boat. Please post when you have the details. Last year it was in June iirc. We went to CSM on kind of short notice in May and we already had a lot of trips planned. Wanted to make your event, but it just wasn't feasible.

Lennyp04
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Lenny,

I'm from MA. My brother in law who we are very close with lives in Sparta, NJ on lake Mohawk. I've never been to your lake but would like to do so on one of my visits to his house. I was supposed to go to his house this past July 4 week, but then it didn't happen. I love taking my boat to different lakes. Then again, I don't live on a lake.

John,

I wish my dad was like you. If theres one thing I love about boating it is visiting different enviorments. My boat sits in our dock from Hopefully May til early Sept. And the only the only thing we get to see is people driving by only 20 feet from our dock and all those wallys on saturdays and sundays. And then you go out Monday morning and you feel like a pro rider on a private lake with the fog just on the surface. I wish my boat visited some other waters!

dmayer84
10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
John, let me know if you want to try and meet up this weekend. PM at ya.

JohnE
10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Dave,

Back at ya. How far are you from Mohawk?

dmayer84
10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm about 30-40 mins

JohnE
10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm about 30-40 mins

pm at you .

dmayer84
10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
no new pm's

JohnE
10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
no new pm's

Trying again...

JohnE
10-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Just found the new MC Dealer in NJ they are located on Lake Hopatcong.

http://www.flashmarina.com/

JMO, but a terrible website. Being a new dealer I'm sure it will improve. But clicked on it for the first time just now, and it's not very informative. I'm sure it will improve.....I realize they are new, not trying to "slam" them.

JohnE
10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
no new pm's

Dave, sent you another pm and forwarded the original. If you didn't get them, let me know.

dmayer84
10-11-2007, 11:01 PM
pm back....

boat4life
10-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the post! We are very happy to be the new Mastercraft dealer in the area. We are Flash Marina and Hopatcong Boathouse, soon to be just one name! We are on the North end of Lake Hopatcong and easily accessed by Rt 15.

Any thing we can do, give us a call, 973-663-7990.

dmayer84
10-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the post! We are very happy to be the new Mastercraft dealer in the area. We are Flash Marina and Hopatcong Boathouse, soon to be just one name! We are on the North end of Lake Hopatcong and easily accessed by Rt 15.

Any thing we can do, give us a call, 973-663-7990.

Welcome, I am sure that you will see me there in the next few weeks for parts, as long as everything is open and ready to go.

boat4life
10-11-2007, 11:49 PM
We're open all year and we do have most of the basics in stock now, impellers, filters, oil. We will built on the inventory through the winter. We've already been doing more MC work than I expected at this point.

We do have a nice selection of boats to check out already; PS197, X-1, X-2, X-15, and an X-Star. All 2008.

Jerseydave
10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Kurt, welcome! Nice to have a dealer in NJ that's involved enough to jump on this site!

Some advise to make your customers rave about you, focus on service and communication. Not all dealers do this, but the ones that do will benefit from it in the end.

You might want to get involved in NJ Wakefest, which last year had around 300+ people attend.

I'll be stopping in to check out your dealership. Will you be attending the NY boat show and the AC boat show? (for the past few years, Mastercraft was the only ski boat company at AC)

See you soon,

Dave Wert
NJ Wake Riders
Bordentown, NJ

boat4life
10-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Morning Dave,

We'd like to get involved with some of the on going events like NJ Wakefest. Are you the contact? Who organizes the event?

We will be attanding the NYC Show and at this time we are not sure about the AC Show. I'll be talking with MC about that.

As for other local events I'll post them here as well as our website as we come up with them.

Look forward to seeing a growing number of MC folks around!

Jerseydave
10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Kurt,

NJ Wakefest is part of a group effort between all the NJ Riders, including former Wakeboarding magazine editor and X-games announcer (and current wakeboard media host) Jeff Barton. Your main contact to get involved would be Alex Kinon. You can reach him at www.njwakefest.com. I'll give you a call with him cell number too.

Last year we had two other boat companies involved, but since we were between MC dealers, they were not present. I'd love to see MC get more involved in 2008 since we have at least 4 MC's on the river where I ride. We of course always welcome pro riders to attend, like last year with Brett Eisenhauer and Randall Harris.

I'll call you soon.

Dave Wert

Lennyp04
10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Kurt,
Welcome to the forums. Now I have two dealers relativley close to my normal home here in Allentown PA.

If you have an estimate how far would it be from Allentown PA to where you are located. The dealer we bought the boat from is At Lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos. There about an hour and a half from Allentown PA.

Jerseydave
10-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Lenny,

Approx. 66 miles, 1 hour 24 minutes to Lake Hopatcong from Allentown, PA. I guess you have a decision to make!

You're also just 1 hour 26 minutes from Allentown to Bordentown, NJ. Your dad should try our riding spot, it may surprise you. :)

Lennyp04
10-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah your right my dad needs to try something else.lol But yeah I mean we always do little day trips throught the year, mostly in the summer since i have school and he has work. But yeah I mean if its cool with you maybe I could get him out there, however I do know that he wont want to trailer the boat. I dont know why but he really doesnt want to do that.

I Get my license in 25 days but umm I dont know if he thinks he trusts me with his truck let alone towin the boat which is more expensive then the truck.

But yeah you got a sick X-star Id love to ride behind that sometime

boat4life
10-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Sounds right on the distances. If you know Rt 80, many know it too well, we are about 6 miles north from the intersection of Rt 15 and Rt 80. Find Lake Hopatcong on your map and we are on the very North end.

Lennyp04
10-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Kurt,
Will deffenitly keep you guys in mind. My parents like to do little day trips sometimes and NJ is a usuall spot for us to end up so maybe we will stop by sometime in the near future

Doug G
10-12-2007, 09:18 PM

I have seen that boat on the lake. It is the best looking MC on Wally that isn't an X-30 :D

JohnE
10-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Had some time today so we stopped by to see the dealership and had the pleasure of meeting Kurt. We had a nice conversation. I think he will do well, and all you Jersey and PA guys are fortunate to have him in your area. It's worth it to stop by and see him.

The delaership is about 10 minutes from my Brother in Law's house, so I'm sure I'll be visisting a few times a year.

Good luck with the dealership, Kurt, and welcome to the forum!

As a side note, Kurt also informed me that my BIL can get a guest pass to allow my 197 on Lake Mohawk. BIL's lived there for almost 20 years and didn't know that. Thanks Kurt.;)

Jerseydave
10-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Kurt,

I'll be visiting you next saturday 20th with my friend Brian who is dropping off his X-1 for service. See you then.