PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Driver Seat Bolts & Washers Rattle Loose

BuoyChaser
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
any easy way to put threadlock on the driver's seat?!?i'm sick of constantly having to line-up the two washers and bolt, NOT FUN!!!

any tricks?!?can the seat come all the way off...

Ric
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
need moh infomashun.

you talkin bout where the seat bolts to the track or where the track bolts to the floor?

we had a screw loose where the track meets the floor and rather than endure the dealer follies over a small item, I fixed it by filling the hole in a most weird way.

took 2 small pieces of weed eater line and stuck them into the stripped hole... ran the screw in and tightened it and haven't had a problem since. so it's a decent filler. (Your results may vary)

BuoyChaser
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
i don't have any stripped screws/bolts but just a pain to get the screws/bolts tightened with the seat attached and in the track...it is where the seat is tightened down to the track so it would be tight, rather than the sloppiness it currently feels like...

RexDog1
10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Yep I had the same thing happen, I just took some blue loctite on all 4, and it has been good for over a year now

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 10:37 AM
need moh infomashun.

you talkin bout where the seat bolts to the track or where the track bolts to the floor?

we had a screw loose where the track meets the floor and rather than endure the dealer follies over a small item, I fixed it by filling the hole in a most weird way.

took 2 small pieces of weed eater line and stuck them into the stripped hole... ran the screw in and tightened it and haven't had a problem since. so it's a decent filler. (Your results may vary)
Cable ties work equally well!

RexDog1
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
i don't have any stripped screws/bolts but just a pain to get the screws/bolts tightened with the seat attached and in the track...it is where the seat is tightened down to the track so it would be tight, rather than the sloppiness it currently feels like...

Use a small phillps bit driver with a ľ drive ratchet with a small socket that fits the bit driver works well

BuoyChaser
10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Use a small phillps bit driver with a ľ drive ratchet with a small socket that fits the bit driver works well
hmm, will have to try that, just so tough lining up those darn flanged washers and the 2nd washer and getting the threads to bite on the front...GREAT IDEA!!!

Ric
10-03-2007, 11:22 AM
ok I have not had that problem

RexDog1
10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
ok I have not had that problem

Well that is one you donít have:D

BuoyChaser
05-09-2008, 10:33 PM
okay, back to more loctite and start over again this season tigthening up the bolts for the driver's seat...