PDA

View Full Version : My New (& First) Winter Project.

rholmes
10-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Well here she be. 1990 Maristar 210. Only 230 original hours. Engine is mechanically sound (except for my new mishap after running aground). From the looks as you can tell, that is about the only thing I got going for it. Guy transported it on an old roller trailer for a month that left its mark on the hull, but nothing some polish won't take care of. So what do you think, am I crazy?! t's gonne be a long winter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raholmes/sets/72157602232512453/show/

Any advice or words of wisdom much appreciated! You'll be hearing a lot from me in the next few months.

Jkelly
10-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Looks like a lot of fun!!! Well you can say you want have anything to do on the weekends. Can't wait to see her finished

Leroy
10-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Looks like a lot of cosmetic work that is relatively easy to fix up. THe hull looks good as does the motor.

JoshBuzz
10-02-2007, 12:30 AM
We have a '93 maristar 225 that we cleaned up a bit, and are still in the process of cleaning up, but it is/was so worth it!! We're getting the upholstery re-done over the sinter, but in the end, everything we have put into it up to this far has been so worth it! good luck, and if you need anything, you're definitely in the right place!

Farmer Ted
10-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Looks like you have a decent project

post a nice big side shot of the boat and we'll work up some new graphics for you

BrianM
10-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Boat looks pretty solid. Should be a nice project. Did the previous owner raise raccoons in the boat? How does an interior get to look like that? Fortunately with a new interior that boat should look great. Have fun.

rholmes
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Actually, it sat on a lift all its life with hardly any use. When the cover finally deteriorated, no replacement was procured. I think it was some sort of marsh bird. I am going to do the carpet myself, I am up in the air on the vinyl. I have read some great reviews, but haven't found any real solid write-ups on the internet. Any one have a good one they have found?

endl
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Make yourself a pattern on the carpet and make it snap in like the new boats. Then you can take it out clean it and it will be an great upgrade.