PDA

View Full Version : Location of Shower Pump

JohnnyB
10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Where does the factory mount the shower pump for a 2004 PS197? Description and/or pics would be helpful. I'd like to get mine installed before the weather gets cold :cool:

JohnnyB
10-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Bump......help.....I believe the location in a 197 from 2002 to current would be the same....

dsoby
10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Not certain but there is molded in panel in the transom behind the carpeted panel in the rear storage area. This is the factory install location for the ballast pump on the X7. There is enough space for two pumps and this is where I mounted my shower pump.

JohnnyB
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Dsoby....is this above the gas tank? Is it the carpeted panel that forms the back panel of the ski locker?? How did you get it off?

Do you have pic or can you describe further??

WTRSK1R
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Johnny,
You just missed a photo op. My pump just died and I had it all apart to replace it, but I did not think about taking any pictures. Fortunately, Heater Craft sent me a new pump under warranty. It is mounted behind the carpeted area that is along the back side of the transome inside the trunk. Pull the floor out of the trunk to expose the gas tank. Then take out the port side carpet panel near the Gas Tank filler. It should pop right out. There are 4 screws along the top of the back carpeted panel, but they are set down into the carpet so you may need to run your fingers along the top edge of the carpet to find them. My mixing valve control is mounted in that same back panel just to starboard side of center, and the pump is mounted on a small flat spot closer to the starboard side. I can take a picture of the location of the mixing control if you want. The pump is screwed into the flat are with stainless oval headed wood screws with a washer under them. The power for the pump is a red and a black wire coming out of the harness that runs along the top back of the trunk.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve