PDA

View Full Version : New to MC, X15 storage question

tmcde
10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Just went from a SeaDoo Speedster 430 (1st boat) to a 08 X15 I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and just a short drive north I can store the new x15 in the old mushroom mines the temp. Never goes below 50.. Other than fuel stabilizer any suggestions. I don't need to worry about any power outage. Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

point1234
10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I would worry about it getting cold and damp and haveing mold growing.

trickskier
10-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Congratulations & Welcome to the board................Sorry, I can't help with any winterization /storage questions. I live in Florida...............;) 28076

bigmac
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Just went from a SeaDoo Speedster 430 (1st boat) to a 08 X15 I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and just a short drive north I can store the new x15 in the old mushroom mines the temp. Never goes below 50.. Other than fuel stabilizer any suggestions. I don't need to worry about any power outage. Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Yeh, I'd be worried about mold. Do you have electricity down there? If so, I'd throw one or two of those Dry Wave heaters (http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Drywave_Air_Dryer&r=view&i=71503&aID=)under the cover. That ought to be all that's necessary.

swatguy
10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
quite the jump in boats. Welcome. I too would be worried about the dampness. I second a product to protect against that. Would make sure to move all your cushions so they are not in place touching the walls and each other. Leave the seats open to let it air out for sure so mold and mildew don't grow between there when the moisture gets trapped

djhuff
10-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Place a bucket of charcoal in the middle of the boat. Check on it and change it out every couple of months. A friend of mine does this all year since he has a snap cover and that allows a little bit of rain to get in. Keeps the boat real nice and dry.

jcbatt
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I think we spoke on the phone a month ago or so when you were looking for your new boat. Congrats on the purchase!

I have a friend that put his Malibu Wakesetter VLX (when he had it) in the mines down there, and it worked great - no issues with mold or anything. It was nice and dry when he put it away. Wish we had that option around here.