PDA

View Full Version : G-Shock Help

tex
09-29-2007, 12:30 PM
My G-Shock died the other night. It would stop working when I pressed the light button and come back on when I stopped. It finally started running the time very fast just before it died. I took it apart and put a new battery in it but now the light just lights up and I got no numbers. I need help or suggestions for a new G-Shock. I beleive in tough watches. I wear a Tag(sorry Gene) and a G-Shock(not at the same time) and love them both! Any help is appreciated!

bigmac
09-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd recommend a Patek Philippe. I hear they can be found stowed somewhere in most used MasterCrafts these days.

My wife is on her second Tag Heuer. First one was a disappointment relative to its water resistance. Here's a tip...don't get such a watch repaired at your local jeweler...bite the bullet and send it back to the factory.

For reliability and sheer ruggedness, hard to beat a Rolex IMHO, although I do have an old G-Shock around here somewhere and I'll grant you that from a reliability-per dollar standpoint, they're superior to a Rolex.

tex
09-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I always bite the bullet on my Tag.