PDA

View Full Version : I Pod Touch

dapicatti
09-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Anyone else get one of these yet? I am addicted already. Showed up yesterday and I love it! Can't stop watching youtube on it!

BuoyChaser
09-30-2007, 10:53 AM
nice, the $300-400 is still scaring me away though, how does the internet browsing work http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iPodtouch

bigmac
09-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Definitely on my radar screen but I'm waiting to see how wifi works, assess its usability with Cisco's LEAP wireless security at work, and for them to get their firmware issues sorted out. Watching its progress via MacRumors.com and MacNN.com has indicated a few problems facing early adopters.

dapicatti
09-30-2007, 12:58 PM
At home wifi is great- haven't tried anywhere else. Screen size could be a issue but when you turn it sideways its at least more readable. The browsing by album art feature is really cool. We love it already, only been 2 days. We ordered online, shipped from Shanghai to us fed ex so it would arrive the same day as in store. Really cool.

bigmac
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM
A lot is made of the screen size, but I've been using an iPod video for over a year and I've found even that smaller size to be just fine for viewing downloaded or ripped TV shows or DVD movies. Granted, I have to wear my reading glasses, but my presbyopia isn't Apple's fault...;)

dapicatti
10-01-2007, 10:35 AM
The screen size is so much bigger for video, its amazing. Internet is no more difficult than a blackberry....just not as good as my 19" screen at home I'm used to.

BrianM
10-01-2007, 10:50 AM
We ordered online, shipped from Shanghai to us fed ex so it would arrive the same day as in store. Really cool.

Did the same thing with the new Shuffle when it came out. Got a FedEx from China. Pretty cool.