PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Win ! Cubs Win ! Cubs Win !

Maristar210
09-29-2007, 10:30 AM
I have been a cub fan since the days of Rick Suuter and Dave Kingman. Lets just pray my Cubbies make it out of the first round

and

GO CUBS!

JimN
09-29-2007, 10:36 AM
If the Brewers hadn't tanked, the Cubs wouldn't have won.

Maristar210
09-29-2007, 11:39 AM
If the Brewers hadn't tanked, the Cubs wouldn't have won.

No **** Jim. Brewers did tank, thank goodness for me and my Cubbies...

You have to admit, they are waaaaay overdue....:cool:

JimN
09-29-2007, 11:49 AM
"You have to admit, they are waaaaay overdue.."

Bite me! The Brewers haven't been in the playoffs at all since '82.

Thanks for decades of bad/mediocre baseball, Selig! Attanasio and his group finally came along and pried the franchise out of Bud's cold, dead fingers and now they actually play like a team again. :rant: :rant: :rant:

JimN
09-29-2007, 11:50 AM
OK, how about this:

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CUBS FOR BACKING INTO THE PLAYOFFS!

Harvey
09-29-2007, 02:18 PM
GO CUBS GO
GO CUBS GO
HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YA SAY
THE CUBS ARE GOING TO WIN TODAY!!!!!

Another LONG time Cubbie fan here and I have to say I almost cried last night. I actually looked like a walking rally cap all day yesterday. I wore a cubs Tshirt and hat to work. I had the pleasure of watching the last regular season home game this year at Wrigley, oh and I live in DFW. Yeah you heard that right I flew to Chicago just for a Cubs game.

Harvey
09-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I may even have to go kiss a goat next week to help them into the NLCS.

Maristar210
09-29-2007, 03:04 PM
OK, how about this:

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CUBS FOR BACKING INTO THE PLAYOFFS!

Your just bitter:D :D

ProTour X9
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm not a big hockey fan.................8p

JohnE
09-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Congrats to the Cubs!

Looking forward to seeing them in Fenway.;)

JimN
09-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Maristar- Me bitter? Ya think?

The Brewers were in first place for 122 days in a row. Then, after the All Star break, people started getting hurt, slumping, lineups were changed and they had a major slide. Capuano hasn't had a win in 20 starts and last night was a no decision. Ryan Braun, as much of a rookie of the year candidate as he is, made 26 errors and he didn't come up to the bigs until 6 weeks into the season. His other stats are excellent but on Thursday night, he made 3 errors to add to the other two in a 5 error game, two on one play. Jenkins, Ben Sheets, Turnbow and Kevin Mench can play well but I think it's time to cut them loose.

Sour grapes is one thing but losing two games in row during a pennant race because of bad calls makes me wonder how much the umpire had on the games.

Yeah, I know these are things every team has to deal with but usually not after being in first for so long, after such a long time. They went from being 19 games over .500 to possibly not ending even with three left. Now, after Yost was suspended for one game after being warned and McClung's suspension was reversed, does that mean Yost should have been able to wait until after the appeal was heard before serving his? The dugout was like a morgue when he was gone and I'm pretty sure they could have won that game if he had been there.

JimN
09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh, yeah- I forgot, :cry: :firejump: :rant: :toast:

Being a Brewer's fan is like an emotional rollercoaster crash.

Maristar210
09-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Jim,

I Like you. I am sory that we differ on baseball. I dont like the Brewers and that fat **** ego POS named Fielder, bigger *** than his dad apparently. Have another meal you fat ****... after all your not a pro athlete :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JimN
09-29-2007, 10:31 PM
We must not have heard the same interviews or watched the same games. He runs faster and harder than a lot of "superstars" when he's trying to beat out a single.

"after all your not a pro athlete"

Huh?

Workin' 4 Toys
09-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Go Cubs....:o

Jim, I read it as if he (Maristar) were "talking" to Fielder....

Steve, is this one of those instances that HB would switch favorites and root for the winners again, such as he did with the Colts in football...:rolleyes: ;)

Maristar210
09-30-2007, 09:32 AM
We must not have heard the same interviews or watched the same games. He runs faster and harder than a lot of "superstars" when he's trying to beat out a single.

"after all your not a pro athlete"

Huh?

You took it out of context Jim. WFT Explained it for me....

Just a shot at a purely one dimensional player... Kind of like SoSo I mean Sosa was..

suedv
09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
OK, the Tigers are my number one, top of the list, all-time favorite, but since they're out Cubs are my second best. Go Cubs.

JimN
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Ick.:friday: :toast:

jbfootin
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
"You have to admit, they are waaaaay overdue.."

Bite me! The Brewers haven't been in the playoffs at all since '82.

Thanks for decades of bad/mediocre baseball, Selig! Attanasio and his group finally came along and pried the franchise out of Bud's cold, dead fingers and now they actually play like a team again. :rant: :rant: :rant:
Agreed...The Brewers fell apart...NEXT YEAR!

Harvey
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Look on the bright side the Brewers collapse was not NEARLY as bad as the Mets collapse. The Mets will go down in history as one of, if not, the largest collapses in history.

GO CUBS GO!

Willski
10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Boooo. Not just the brewers, what about the collapse of my beloved Cards? I think at one point after being a game or 2 out, they lost 9 in a row!!

Datdude
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Cubs will not make it out of the first round......end of story

I want to thank the Brewers for making it an interesting year. I have to question Ben Sheets commitment to the team. I understand hamstring issues are no fun, but in the one game we need him he bails out. For as good as he is, he is constantly hurt and it is time to move on. It was great to see Fielder, Braun, Gallardo, Villenueva, Parra and some other young guys step up and contribute this season. It really gives us something to look forward to next year.

Oh yeah...........GET RID OF CAPUANO.........he sucks:rolleyes:

Maristar210
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Cubs will not make it out of the first round......end of story

I want to thank the Brewers for making it an interesting year. I have to question Ben Sheets commitment to the team. I understand hamstring issues are no fun, but in the one game we need him he bails out. For as good as he is, he is constantly hurt and it is time to move on. It was great to see Fielder, Braun, Gallardo, Villenueva, Parra and some other young guys step up and contribute this season. It really gives us something to look forward to next year.

Oh yeah...........GET RID OF CAPUANO.........he sucks:rolleyes:

Dat-

Care to make that interesting?

Prostar Rich
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=Datdude]Cubs will not make it out of the first round......end of story

Ditto here. Three and out!

Prostar Rich

JimN
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I have to question the Brewer's commitment to a lot of players, personally. Cappy and Turnbow were good until the All Star break last year. Jenkins has never really been that big a factor, Wise was OK until he nailed that batter and then he became gun-shy. Mench is OK. That's about as far as I'll go with him. Estrada had some good hits but I think he's a liability behind the plate. He may call a good game but his glove isn't good at all. A lot of the guys who aren't normally expected to make a big difference came up with some huge hits this year. Yesterday is an example. Two up, bottom of the sixth, bases loaded and some new hump hits a triple into the corner. The only way that could have been better is if it was a walk-off game winner, like Vinny Rottino did the night before in the bottom of the 11th.

Jenkins was talking like his career is over, at least here, after the game. He's taking it well but the reality is that he would get $9 million next year and that makes it impossible to keep him. He goes away and it costs $500K. $8.5 mil buys a lot of talent in one year. The bullpen and most of the starters were OK. As far as Sheets' commitment, I'd have to say that it was a lot better than John Jaha's but he has had maybe one injury-free season (or, maybe it was just that he was injured for only part of one). One of the local Rock radio stations interviewed Jaha at spring training and after two questions, the DJ asked, "So, when are you gonna call it a year?". Jaha just got up and walked away.

Last year, nobody really expected anything from the Brewers and they ended about 9 games shy of .500. This year, they weren't really expected to do much either and they ended just over .500. They have a good group of young guys who now know what it's like to play for something in late September. Before, they barely knew what it was like to play for anything after the All Star break. Still, they had their annual vacation just after the break and they need to stop that if they expect to win.

That vote of confidence Yost got probably has him plenty worried, too. He definitely gets the guys fired up, though. He could stand to contain his temper but getting kicked out is part of the game. As long as he learns from his mistakes, I think he'll be a good manager.

As bad as they were, as much as I hated seeing their dry spell cost them the division and not make it into the post-season, I hated seeing the Braves leave, more. Especially after the owner held a press conference to tell the city that they weren't going anywhere.

Maristar210
10-01-2007, 04:49 PM
The Braves left? Hell I've been lost since the brewery tour.

ESPNs Baseball tonight crew is picking the Cubs....fwiw

hydro-therapy
10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I hear ya, Iv'e been a Cubs fan since Jose Cardinal, Rick Monday, Ivan DeJesus, and the Reuchel brothers.

JimN
10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
"The Braves left? Hell I've been lost since the brewery tour."

Payback is a biatch!

Datdude
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Dat-

Care to make that interesting?

What do you have in mind? :D :rolleyes: ;)

Maristar210
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
What do you have in mind? :D :rolleyes: ;)

A small wager. Something of interest, perhaps something around 80 proof. :cool:

Datdude
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
A small wager. Something of interest, perhaps something around 80 proof. :cool:

PM at ya:D

Maristar210
10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Down 0-2 in a best of five series is no way to start....

Willski
10-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Just as i suspected.

Prostar Rich
10-05-2007, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Datdude]Cubs will not make it out of the first round......end of story

Ditto here. Three and out!

Prostar Rich

It sure looks like I had the call.

Prostar Rich

Datdude
10-05-2007, 01:40 PM
no comment..........yet;)

Datdude
10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
no comment..........yet;)

Your beer is going to taste wonderful 210.......thanks:D

Maristar210
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Do you ****ing believe what a no show the Cubs were?

Aramis Ramiriez as a total no show....

Lou said there was lots of baseball to be played. He forgot to mention he was referring to next year.

What a ****ing display of nothing.....

Harvey
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
There is always next year. God knows I REALLY hate saying that this year. I made myself feel better by watching Field of Dreams afterward. It kind of eased the pain.