PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor fireplaces?

6ballsisall
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Who all has and uses an outdoor fireplace/pit in their backyard?

The wife and I bought one last weekend and absolutely love it!!! Nothing greater than sitting around an open fire in the evening in your backyard w/ a beverage and some family and friends!!

Me thinks I need to find a better place to buy some wood! I've gone thru 2 bundles of Oak in less than a week!!

RK@UST
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, first of all, a good fire is fantastic to sit around with friends and fam like said.
I have a pit at my Duck hunting lodge and no matter what else happens, as long as it has firewood and is burning , nothing else matters. And it does. :D :D
Good point and have fun

TMCNo1
09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Chimeneas are nice, we have one just outside the covered patio. Great for radiant heat and roasting hotdogs on cool evenings in the Fall and Spring. I lined the bottom with brick chips, clean-up is simple, just take the leaf blower to the stack and the ashes blow out the face and your done! When not in use, I keep it covered with a big garbage bag and a bungee cord, so water won't get in the bowl and freeze and bust it.

Roonie's
09-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I have an outdoor firepit I installed this summer. The kids love it! The only problem is we have clay soil so when we get rain it fills up with water even though I put about a foot of sand down. The kids love to go in our backyard and roast marshmallows and hotdogs. Here is a pic.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/firepit.jpg