PDA

View Full Version : Why no fins on an X2 ??

surfacetension
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
why is there no center tracking fins on an X2?? The could not hurt anything?

MYMC
09-27-2007, 02:18 PM
why is there no center tracking fins on an X2?? The could not hurt anything?
It was designed as a "deep V" boat and therefore doesnt need them. To add them would create issues for the rudder being able to overcome the hull and added tracking fins.

Willytown
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
The xstar is the same as the x2 in that respect.

macrogp18
09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
X-stars do have fins

surfacetension
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes that's my point the X star has the fins an X2 no I notice when a big guy is behind the boat that it pulls the boat off track, Fins would help ??

MYMC
09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Two different bottoms...X-Star is a flat bottom boat, X2 is not.

No matter what size the person is if they are pulling out at the sides the boat will be pulled off track (fins or not). If they are pulling there then they are pulling in the wrong place...I would discuss progressive edging that would make your job driving easier and their riding better (win/win).

limegreen
09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Two different bottoms...X-Star is a flat bottom boat, X2 is not.

No matter what size the person is if they are pulling out at the sides the boat will be pulled off track (fins or not). If they are pulling there then they are pulling in the wrong place...I would discuss progressive edging that would make your job driving easier and their riding better (win/win).

Right on. I just learned (on a board) to cut back in starting real gradual, then cutting hardest at the wake. Now I ride better than most people expect a 250 pounder to.:D

MYMC
09-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Right on. I just learned (on a board) to cut back in starting real gradual, then cutting hardest at the wake. Now I ride better than most people expect a 250 pounder to.:D
Great to hear! Progressive edging is a tough concept for most to grasp right away but if you work it out it all becomes easier and more fun.

BTW, the concept is the same for slalom...the most work is done behind the boat.

Enjoy!

bigmac
09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Loading the line, I'm told, is one of the keys to the big air on wakeboards and hydrofoils. I presume that the point of progressive edging is in the management of line tension?

Eagle
09-28-2007, 10:39 AM
exactly right