PDA

View Full Version : X-2 Ski wake

mastercraft1995
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I have a buddy that is in the market for a new boat. He is a skier first and boarder second. He only ski's open water. For those who have a X-2 how well does it ski? Do you need the trim plate? He realizes it's a V-Drive and not a DD. He currently has a Tige 20i that he is trying to sell so he can move to a V-Drive.

The boats they are looking at are MC X-2, Malibu LSV, VLX and the new 20 footer I can't think of. He's all ready skied behind the VLX and LSV. He liked the LSV ski wake but it lakes in the board wake. They like the X-2 better as far as the boat goes. They like the set up and how big it feels even though it's a 20 foot boat.

He is not interested in the X-1 at all.

Roonie's
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I have an 07 X2 and the wake is ok for skiing. It really lays down at about 34 + mph. It is even better with the wakeplate from what I have been told (have yet to see one). I ski behind mine all the time and it is smaller then an I/O wake but much bigger wake then any DD. If he is really into skiing get a DD otherwise it is fine for the recreationalist. I know of a guy who has done amatuer competitions with his X2 and places with the other DD drives in the competition. I will see if I have a pic at that speed.

edit found a pic. The only one I have at around 35. The wake isn't the best in this shot. Also 11 people in the boat at the time.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/X2back.jpg

KnoxX2
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
The X2 has a good ski wake with the trim plate and very few people. I was at MMIII and UMP skiedbehind mine and said that it was not that bad. I do not have the trim plate on my boat but have talked to people who have and they said the it makes a big difference. I would tell him to water test one with the plate and that should make up his mind. As far a the wake for boarding. Well with ballast the wake is outstanding.

All around the X2 is a great boat.

surfacetension
09-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I have only had my X2 for about 5 weeks and we skied off it last Sat. at 32 the wake was very small and surprising, we surf a lot and the wake is fine, I will tell you this after having a direct drive 21 Supra this boat feels like a 26 footer TONS of room to move around and you can stow just about anything, Everytime I sit on it I think it's bigger More than enough room, I got the 350 HP and the thing has tons of snot.

Can't imagine needing any more room , My Son liked the X2 I liked the X star but in the end the X2 is easier to trailer and deal with. and has more than enough room

mastercraft1995
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
We went to demo one a couple of weeks ago but we drilled a rock and screwed up the prop before we could ski behind it.

it kid of sounds like it needs a ski plate and it becomes more than capable of being a ski boat.

Willytown
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
tell your buddy to check out my x2 for sale

http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18543

I can give him a smokin deal on it and the dealer could probably add a trim plate for him

TheOneandOnly
09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
We test drove an 08-x2 a few weeks back that had the trim plate. It was a huge improvement wake wise with 4 people in the boat the wake was flat, if he wants to ski get the trim plate and he'll be happy.

OhioX14
09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I've learned the hard way that the ONLY way to make the correct choice is to ski each and every caniddate before buying. Anything short of this is guessing and that's an awfully big chance to take when you're plunking $50K+ down on a boat.

André
10-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I've learned the hard way that the ONLY way to make the correct choice is to ski each and every caniddate before buying. Anything short of this is guessing and that's an awfully big chance to take when you're plunking $50K+ down on a boat.
Any regrets about your X- 14 ski wake?

Ryan
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM

Where are you in Ohio?