PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - Check Engine

MCtowtroy
09-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I have a 2003 X30 8.1. The check engine light came on today with the following being the only noticable symptoms. It is not overheating, but smells like she might be running rich. I have had to replace the running light bulb twice in the past month, and have needed to reset the balst tank switches regularly for the same timre frame. The boat only has 104hours, and it recieved 80 of them this summer. Can anyone offer a good place to start? Thanks in advance for any support.

bigmac
09-27-2007, 12:12 AM
I have a 2003 X30 8.1. The check engine light came on today with the following being the only noticable symptoms. It is not overheating, but smells like she might be running rich. I have had to replace the running light bulb twice in the past month, and have needed to reset the balst tank switches regularly for the same timre frame. The boat only has 104hours, and it recieved 80 of them this summer. Can anyone offer a good place to start?

....with your dealer and his marine scanalyzer, to find out what's going on with your ECM.

PendO
09-27-2007, 01:02 AM
does the alarm come on instantly or when you reach a certain rpm ... could be the knock sensor ... your engine has two ... but i this is/was the case it would store a code in the ecm ... hook it up to the dealer computer and see what codes are stored ... if they don't see codes you may see if they can do a water test with the diag. equip hooked up while running