PDA

View Full Version : Night jumping,,,,crazy I tell ya

wade95
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Don't know how I got lucky enough to find it, but on the Sunshine Network the other night (11 or 12am i think) I happen to catch the NWSCA (I think that's the acronym) night jumping tournament.

College students were in a jump competition at night. Man, I was scared enough during the day, how these crazy guys and galz do it at night is beyond me. Think the winning jump was 199ft.

Chas
09-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I only jumped once - broke two ribs. The downward force with which you hit the water is exactly equivalent to simply jumping from the same height.
The forward motion does not reduce the impact - although it allows for a full-body absorbing 'flex' of the spine and other bones.

You have to be in fantastic shape to allow the muscles to do the absorbing - I guess I'll never be in such shape that I would do that to myself.

Still, I enjoy watching it...

TMCNo1
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Don't know how I got lucky enough to find it, but on the Sunshine Network the other night (11 or 12am i think) I happen to catch the NWSCA (I think that's the acronym) night jumping tournament.

College students were in a jump competition at night. Man, I was scared enough during the day, how these crazy guys and galz do it at night is beyond me. Think the winning jump was 199ft.

If it's collegiate, it's NCWSA, National Collegiate Water Ski Association.

wade95
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
If it's collegiate, it's NCWSA, National Collegiate Water Ski Association.

That's it. Was fun to watch. It's been about 13 years since I've jumped and was never really good at it. Think my longest was 70ft or so. However, the wrecks were not so much painful but quite scary. Laughed quite alot after. Jumping was the ONLY THING that has ever given me butterfly's in my stomach and I miss that feeling. :D

tex
09-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Nothing like the feeling when you come off the top and realize that you have never been that high or far before!