PDA

View Full Version : Magic mix to remove grim??

87MCProstar
09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
just curious if anyone has any magic formulas to clean the grim off the side of the boat for the winter. the boat sat for the last 3 weeks because work/coaching started again and don't have any more free time, so the boats pretty dirty. a buddy of mine has this stuff that real kick @$$ but i can't get a hold of him. so let me know what you guys use.

H20skeefreek
09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
marykate on-off works the best. you can get it at West Marine. You will have to re-wax afterwards.

wakolman
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Any problems with any of the hull cleaners contacting the graphics/lettering? I need to take the water spots off the hull.

bigmac
09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I've used many acid washes over the years, inclucing On-Off and Zing. I prefer Slimy Grimy (http://www.slimygrimy.com/)since it's easier to use. It's an acid solution like On-Off, but a much better balance of acid strength vs cleaning power...IOW it's not nearly as toxic or dangerous and cleans just as well. Won't hurt the trailer, won't etch concrete, won't kill the dog.

Kevin 89MC
09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Another satisfied customer of Marykate's On & Off. Took off 3 yr old sun baked nasty green waterline ring that nothing else would even touch. It was a bit harsh, however, so maybe try what Bigmac suggested first.
Good luck,
Kevin

87MCProstar
09-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys will try