PDA

View Full Version : Wake surfing exhaust diverter

surfacetension
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Someone told me there is a set up that you can put on the exhaust to divert the exhaust under the wake ? Anyone know anything about this?

ttu
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
freshairexhaust.com

i installed one on my old 05 supra. worked very nice.

have to be careful because the engine noise is greatly reduced and you almost don't know it's running.

Chas
09-26-2007, 11:32 AM
I like the looks of that system - simple yet elegant design.

Somebody was thinking.

dcarrier
09-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Installed a fresh air exhaust on my 05 x-2 about a month ago and it works great. The noise reduction is worth the price alone!

Lennyp04
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Installed a fresh air exhaust on my 05 x-2 about a month ago and it works great. The noise reduction is worth the price alone!

I personally love my rumble...makes me wakeup in the morning!

mccobmd
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
"I personally love my rumble...makes me wakeup in the morning"

Hey lenny when you get older you will enjoy the quiet, especially after you have kids. I'm thinking about that system, has anyone installed one and if so can a monkey do it because that's about my level of mechanical expertise

Chas
09-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Haven't done one, but it sure doesn't look all that tough. And I bet you could take it off for that special show or that trip to the lake with your younger friends when you wanted the rumble back.

In fact, I'm wondering if this might be a great idea instead of the mufflers - I have one that has a sagging baffle. I think I should really replace it, but it keeps hanging in there. I am wondering if I just took both mufflers off entirely, and install this type of system instead. Then I could make the boat roar when I want, and silence it when I need.