PDA

View Full Version : whats it worth

ctkiteboarding
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
ok ive been thinking about selling my powerstar 200 kinda,, i paid 20k for it and added 15k is extras ,tower ,stereo ,PP and some other nice additions,, this boat is hard to find and it took me along time to get her,, its super cln and only 400 hrs the trailer is steel and she gas been in salt but always washed and wiped and garaged in the winter im the second owner the 1st hardly used thiks boat any ideas what this boat is worth and what it would sell for?,, thanks

BrianM
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
$15k in extras???? :eek3: Tower, stereo and PP couldn't have been much more than $7k where are the other $8k?

I could be wrong but even with the extras I don't see it as more than about a $20k boat. The few I have seen for sale have gone in the high teens low twentys.

ctkiteboarding
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
samsomsports tower w/ quad speakers, lights,racks, custom bimini 5k ,
alpine w / pdx amp 4/150 pdx 1/1000 , R1 12"sub, 6x9 and 6.5's 5k ,

PP w custom mount for o/b ( thx NEVER2OLD) 1K

3 sacs and pumps and barefoot boom 1k,

complete custom cover 2k

some custom skins on the rear seat and a few other smaller things like 2 yellow tops w relay isloator, LED's, bolster seat 2k

everything is super cln but the trailer

i guess i cant ask too much for the extras but its a cln package

i havent seen to many for sale

1 in nj sold quick

1 in mexico ??? not sure what happened to that boat

i see the barefoot 200 w tower for 28k is still around??

where are these boats? i cant seem to find any?

Ryan
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I think those are some of the sweetest boats MC ever made.

Just for perspective:
I see value in the tower, bimini and racks. Still...$5k? I think I coud find a nice setup for $3500.
Stereo...I like having one. But, since I'd never want more than $500-1k, I see no value in a $5k stereo - none. I'm not everybody, and maybe there is someone that has your likes, has money right now, and is shopping right now.

That's about it. I've already got a boom. What you put in, will never translate to equal $'s on the street at resale time. I'd price it at $21k and see what happens. If it were on Ebay I can't imagine it going any higher than 19k.

ctkiteboarding
09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
i guess the real test is a comparable to really see what the market is like

does anyone know off these boats for sale ??? i cant find one not even on ebay?

does the fact that they are not around effect the selling price????

Ryan
09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
i guess the real test is a comparable to really see what the market is like

does anyone know off these boats for sale ??? i cant find one not even on ebay?

does the fact that they are not around effect the selling price????

It really should since it's a rare boat, that's great for barefooters or salt water use. But, it's also a boat few know of. When I shop boattrader I look for specific models, and would probably not see your listing unless I stumbled on it on Craigslist or something like that.

List it on here and all the other popular forums too.

east tx skier
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
IMO, selling anything is about getting lucky to a degree. In your case, there's got to be somebody looking for your boat who is ready to buy. There's only one way to find out, and, as the expression goes, you only have one chance to be unreasonable, that is, don't start low and try to go high on price.

ctkiteboarding
09-26-2007, 07:14 PM
ill put in the marketplace and see if i get any response's ,

id like to find another powerstar and see what they are asking ,,

anyone see any???

BrianM
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
complete custom cover 2k

$2k for a custom cover? Sorry man you got robbed.

ctkiteboarding
09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
$2k for a custom cover? Sorry man you got robbed.
the cover is three colors w/ two stripes,, it is a separate bow cover and rear cover , also another complete mooring cover that is trailerable ,not an i boats cheapo but i guess that would work for your boat ,
get a price for this type of set up and let me know, im going to say the rear cover alone is several hundred,,

but that is not what this post is about brian my question is can you find another powerstar and if so how much $$$$$

krbaugh
10-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I am a lttle confused it sounds like you have your PowerStar tricked out just the way you want it. So why sell it?

wade95
10-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd like to see a picture of it please. Wife hates my Mustang hobby and maybe this would be a good excuse to get me out of the garage and get the family on the water!

How 'bout an 87 Mustang w/nitrous and 15k? Haaaa.

BrianM
10-14-2007, 09:50 PM
the cover is three colors w/ two stripes,, it is a separate bow cover and rear cover , also another complete mooring cover that is trailerable ,not an i boats cheapo but i guess that would work for your boat ,
get a price for this type of set up and let me know, im going to say the rear cover alone is several hundred,,

but that is not what this post is about brian my question is can you find another powerstar and if so how much $$$$$ Don't get your panties in a wad! I told you in my very first post to this thread what I felt it was worth.

Me and probably 99% of your buyers will see no value added to the boat for a $2k cover when you can get an extremely nice custom fit cover (only one color though) for about $600. That and the other $13k worth of options are not going to add that much value. Tower ads most of its cost in value. A cover also ads a bit of value, but a $2k cover and most of the other personal bling has little value on the resale market

T Scott
10-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I have to agree with most of the others on the thread. IMO the most your boat is worth is in the high teens. I saw one of these here in Florida listed a few years ago for $15,000. (Obviously very low price) I should have snagged it, but I didn't pull the trigger and someone else did. NADA values your boat as follows...

Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price

$9,210 $10,480
Options

Power Boat: CANVAS
Bimini Top: $230 $260
Boat Cover - 20 ft. thru 25 ft.: $155 $175
Power Boat: ENTERTAINMENT
Stereo - am/fm CD player w/4 speakers: $240 $275
Power Boat: SKI BOAT
Cruise Control: $655 $745
Wake-Board Tower: $805 $915
Wake-Board Tower Lights: $510 $580
Wake-Board Tower Speakers: $455 $520

TOTAL PRICE $12,260 $13,950

This price does not include the price of the outboard motor, but a 10 year old outboard is only worth 5-7 thousand. I'd have to agree with many others, if you have this boat set up the way you want, why would you sell it? Just enjoy the boat and all the bling youhave added.

JDK
10-14-2007, 10:54 PM
any ideas what this boat is worth and what it would sell for?,, thanksb

Probably the biggest determining factor in this boat's value is the engine .....what make/model/year is it?

Ryan
10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Hove you listed it yet? It shouldn't really matter what others are getting. It only matters what you can get right now.

Prostar Rich
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't get your panties in a wad! I told you in my very first post to this thread what I felt it was worth.

Me and probably 99% of your buyers will see no value added to the boat for a $2k cover when you can get an extremely nice custom fit cover (only one color though) for about $600. That and the other $13k worth of options are not going to add that much value. Tower ads most of its cost in value. A cover also ads a bit of value, but a $2k cover and most of the other personal bling has little value on the resale market

I would have to whole heartly agree with the statement above. There is little to no return on personal bling. It's one of those situations that if you are going to keep the boat then go ahead and mod it. If not and you are going to turn the boat over in a few years leave it alone. You can not expect to get dollar for dollar on mods. In a lot of cases it actually makes it harder to sell the boat.

Prostar Rich

TMCNo1
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
There is always someone looking for a Powerstar somewhere, like this guy, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19671&highlight=powerstar
Do a advanced search using the word "Powerstar" there may be someone in your area hunting one.

ctkiteboarding
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
it sounds like 20k is a upper range number for these boats, im not in need of cash ,, just getting a feel to see what the market is like
im not going to sell if for less then 20k and that most likely will mean keeping it for a long time to be able to enjoy the extras that i wanted to add to it , them maybe sell it for what the market calls for thanks for the input guys its much appreciated:D

ctkiteboarding
11-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I'd like to see a picture of it please. Wife hates my Mustang hobby and maybe this would be a good excuse to get me out of the garage and get the family on the water!

How 'bout an 87 Mustang w/nitrous and 15k? Haaaa.
here a pic

ss4000+
11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I agree with everyone else that you upgrades are not worth that much.

ss4000+
11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
This boat is more wakeboard friendly than barefooters

Mikey
11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
This boat is more wakeboard friendly than barefooters

Do you care to explain how you came to that conclusion?:confused:

SunCoast 83
11-07-2007, 12:43 AM
PowerStar or Barefoot 200 was built exclusively for barefooting. I used to ski with them when I competed in Barefoot Tournements...Now Barefoot Nautique, that might be a "wakeboard friendly boat."

swatguy
11-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Coming from a wakeboarder's standpoint a tower on that boat isn't going to get near the return it would on a inboard. That boat is pretty specific for it's users. A rare find for sure which will add to the price, but again its is so user specific that it will probably negate any value on the rare find as very few are looking for that specific boat.

As others have stated the personal touches will never receive their $$ back. Just the way it goes. The boats that usually go the quickest are closest to factory. Stereos being the least retun out of anything IMO. Def a nice boat, just not a wide market so you may have to either take a hit or keep it if you don't want the hit. Average NADA retail where be would I would start.

ctkiteboarding
11-07-2007, 01:49 AM
yea thats my conclusion keep it and use it ,,

i do enjoy this boat and use it daily for crusing as well as playing 150hrs this season,

i had a barefoot 200 for five seasons before the powerstar also set up similarly,, the barefoot 200 was a better barefoot boat the powerstar has a great wake but not as good as the other boat,,

i do like all the room and versililty of this boat and it cant be beat it in super shallow water , less the 2'shallow , i cut threw shallows everyday i use it just me and the flats boats ripping thru the short cuts to our respective play grounds:D

schwartz36
12-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Powerstar 200 in PERFECT condition. Paid $18,500 for it. Almost no extras, not even a stereo. Actually that's the way I wanted it.

east tx skier
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice looking ride. Like the colors a lot.

pq2
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
wow, cool boat schwartz

ctkiteboarding
01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
that is a sweet color , i didnt know they made it in that color , blue and green ive seen but never red , ive heard thay only made 65 of these boats,,