PDA

View Full Version : Skeeler's got his boat for sale

SkiDog
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Here's the X-2 that caused me to buy an X-2. If I'd known he was gonna sell. I would have waited!:mad:
http://www.lockituponline.com/2007_x-2_sale/index.htm

Doug G
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
That is one sweet boat, I have liked it from day 1. Someone other than Skidog is gonna be very happy :D

SkiDog
09-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I should sell mine and buy his!!!!!!!! He'd have to throw in a few bikini's for the wife though!:D

Leroy
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm really pretty disappointed in the pictures he is using to sell that boat. :rolleyes:

Willytown
09-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Awesome looking X2!

G-man
09-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm over my like for metalflake but that is gooood looking

Lennyp04
09-25-2007, 06:03 PM
That whole LED package is amazing. I want to do something like that but in white for the X-1

drbesvold1
09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
the boat is sweet looking but im not a fan of the open bow , but it must be nice to have money to buy a new boat im jealous

ProTour X9
09-25-2007, 07:43 PM
the boat is sweet looking but im not a fan of the open bow

DITTO. (Look whos talking right?)

JohnE
09-28-2007, 05:47 PM
So just as important - what is he replacing it with?

dmayer84
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
X Star...........

JBaker
09-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Saaaweeeet. Although, I'm pretty sure those are co-ax's not separates as listed.
http://www.lockituponline.com/2007_x-2_sale/images/k.jpg

JohnE
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
X Star...........

Missed that one, thanks.

TMCNo1
09-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Skeelers boat would be a good "New To Us" boat for Monte72 and Leah!

JohnE
09-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Skeelers boat would be a good "New To Us" boat for Monte72 and Leah!

Has it been 3 years already? I say do it Monte. "Do it" (in my best Ben Stiller imitation)

skeeler
09-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Saaaweeeet. Although, I'm pretty sure those are co-ax's not separates as listed.
http://www.lockituponline.com/2007_x-2_sale/images/k.jpg
Alright my time to vent. Not in the best of moods at the moment. So let's unload. :mad:
In the ultimate technical sense, you are correct. Those speakers are in the truest form a coaxial, but is a coax? If you take the other JL Audio “separates” in the boat, and mount the tweeter on the bridge across the woofer is that now a “coax”? Or is a true separate being able to power each speaker “separately” with their own power source and crossover point? Or is set “separates”, a set of speakers that act as one musical source, but in “separate” mounting points? Well, I can go on, on, and on that subject.
So let’s move on to the real reason I’m pissed. I am sure this has happened to others, but I will continue. When I posted the boat on the forum at the beginning of the week I had a great response. I had quite a few offers right away. One individual low balled me right off the bat. To be expected of course, but we went back and forth the whole week and actually came to a deal. Great, boat pretty much sold and on to the next one. Don’t get me wrong, it was a process. We spent a lot of time back and forth negotiating the price, and not to mention the time phone. This person asked every single question in the book. Down to that air space in the sub enclosure. Really??? Long story short, we make a deal, and he says he want to come down tonight and drive and basically buy it tomorrow. We have had a little rain this week so, I had my wife go down and wipe the boat down and give it a quick vacuum to make sure it was perfect. (I love that woman!) He called me last night just to make sure everything was still good to go and actually move the time to make sure he had enough time to get back. (5 hour drive back), and wanted to make sure I could get the warranty transferred for him. Great! So what next, No sh@t, I get a fricken text message saying he can’t swing the money, and doesn’t want it. Negosiate for a week, knowing you can’t even afford it? Why waste your own time? So it still available for all of boat buyers.
Also as a side note......Website change to read, "JL Audio Speakers" instead of "Separates".

Footin
09-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I would be upset too.

"Money talks and BS walks"

JohnE
09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Skeeler,

I don't blame you for being pi$$ed. :mad:

But at least now Monte can still buy it.:D

skeeler
09-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Skeeler,

I don't blame you for being pi$$ed. :mad:

But at least now Monte can still buy it.:D
Tell you one thing, that guy was getting a hell of a deal! If your not going to buy it fine, but pick up the phone and have some balls. :noface:

JohnE
09-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't have a lot of experience buying and selling boats, but I'm thinking if I were buyng a new boat, I'd trade mine in just to avoid all that BS. I know it's about a 5 - 10% hit, but seems like the easiest path.

edit: Agreed on having the balls to call, especially after putting you through the wringer. Nothing wrong with just admitting if you can't come up with the dough.

SkiDog
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Skeeler, You are soooo respected on this board, if you'll give us his name, I'll have Guito cum pay hima visit! Hang the Scumbum by his nads!:D

skeeler
10-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the offer, but quite frankly, I never want to hear his name again!!!

Willytown
10-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Selling a boat can be frustrating at times. Ive had my x2 sold twice now and when it came to financing, the buyers had 0 credit. It is frustrating. Now its October and Im trying to sell my x2 so I can order a new one.

G-man
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Seems the web attracks people like that when something is for sale. I have upgraded a few jeep parts over the years, after getting tired of low ballers I started giving away the parts until a scumbag put up for sale what I gave him because he rolled his jeep. Now I just trash it and keep the garage a little cleaner.

RK@UST
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Tell you one thing, that guy was getting a hell of a deal! If your not going to buy it fine, but pick up the phone and have some balls. :noface:
Dealing with people can sometimes be frustrating because some just don't get it. Thank goodness, in dealings I have had buying and selling, the ones that don't have been the exception.
Even though that happened SK, I'll bet it all works out for the best !!
After it's all said and done and your in your Star next summer, it will feel better. Remember , nice boats bring the money, you will get it done. ;)