PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Sox

dh_bennison
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I have the factory fitted tower speakers on my 04 X10 (the ones with the seperate tweeter fitted to the side and lights built in).

I am trying to work out which speaker sox I need to order. Do standard tower speakers have a name or a ref number I could quote. I have been on the Speaker sox site and cannot figure out which ones I need.

I also have 2 extra tower speaker fitted they are the same body but without the extra tweeter housing and no lights. Can the same sox be used on these??

Finally on a side note where could I buy the tower light units if I wanted to convert my extra speakers ??

Thanks
Dave

SoCalBrew
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Probably just the standard MC/JL audio covers. That is what I have... they work well. Just give Jim at Speaker sox a call - he knows his stuff. The material is really stretchy/flexible, which allows you to have space for the dome tweeter. You should be fine without the tweeter... just make the draw string tighter.

Have no clue on the lights...

dh_bennison
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Cool thanks. My speakers are Clarion. Did they change the cans at all when they switched to JL??

Thanks

prostar205
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes, the cans for the 2004 Clarion speakers are 6.5" diameter while the JL cans are around 7.7" diameter. Make sure you get the ones for the Clarion speakers.

SoCalBrew
09-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Yah, it will make a difference to have the right ones. But, I think that you will be fine with or without the tweaters... again - Jim would be the best one to answer on all questions speaker sox... and you get a free mirror sox when ordering anything else!