PDA

View Full Version : Happy First Day of Fall!

TMCNo1
09-23-2007, 06:41 AM
It's time to enjoy the cooler temps and fall foliage colors!

JohnE
09-23-2007, 07:47 AM

Feels like summer here for the next few days. Going to be around 90. I'll be on the water again probably 2 out of the next 3 days.:)

BriEOD
09-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure that comment is applicable to all of us. Here in Florida I doubt we will see any change in foilage and furthermore it will remain hot, hot, hot for awhile.

TMCNo1
09-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Ya'll have the extended season, we have the beautiful scenery, I guess it's a wash!

atlfootr
09-23-2007, 08:34 AM
woke up to go fish' w/ Chaz at 6:45am this morn'n, still dark outside.
Didn't light'n up 'til after 7am, must be Fall :rolleyes:

FYI, no catches, no strikes not even a nibble :(

bigmac
09-23-2007, 08:47 AM

Yep. 80 degrees here today, but we have substantial leaf-changing going on. Pulled the dock and lifts yesterday, so boating's done for the season. Time to get the duck boat, snowmobiles and snowblower attachment for the tractor out of the storage barn to make room for the boats and lawn furniture.

André
09-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Yep. 80 degrees here today, but we have substantial leaf-changing going on. Pulled the dock and lifts yesterday, so boating's done for the season. Time to get the duck boat, snowmobiles and snowblower attachment for the tractor out of the storage barn to make room for the boats and lawn furniture.
That's an early pull out Bigmac.
There still some nice days to ride coming up!:)

bigmac
09-23-2007, 03:42 PM
That's an early pull out Bigmac.
There still some nice days to ride coming up!:)True - two years ago I had the boat in until mid-October and we had some great riding/skiing. I get nervous leaving it in longer than that, still remembering the 18 inches of snow we got over Halloween 1991. We were all-steel, dock and lift, back then and getting those things out was an unpleasant experience.

Leaving the boat in these last two years has been complicated by the drought and I'd be concerned that by mid-October the lake would be too low to get the boat out of the lift if we get no rain. I figured I might as well do it on the morning last week when I saw the 1/2 inch of water in the bird bath frozen solid.

BriEOD
09-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Ya'll have the extended season, we have the beautiful scenery, I guess it's a wash!
Not sure I am following you. The girls down here still have bikinis on. What do you have flannel? I think we have the better scenery! ;)

TheOneandOnly
09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree Brieod- I'll take warm weather anyday

shepherd
09-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Even down here in Florida, things are getting cooler. After a few months of skiing in 90+ degree water, our lake was at 80 degrees today. At least we don't have to worry about those pesky amoebae any more.

The thing I hate most about fall is that the days are getting shorter, cutting into my after-work skiing time.