PDA

View Full Version : Reimbursed towing for warrenty repair.

ATLX2
09-20-2007, 11:39 AM
My 2006 X2 had a fuel pump go out and I had to pay $120 to get towed back to the marina. The fuel pump was covered under warrenty. Should I expect someone to reimburse my towing exspense?

76S&S
09-20-2007, 12:45 PM
It is covered in my insurance policy.

Sodar
09-20-2007, 12:48 PM
My 2006 X2 had a fuel pump go out and I had to pay $120 to get towed back to the marina. The fuel pump was covered under warrenty. Should I expect someone to reimburse my towing exspense?

If you are expecting MC or your dealer, I would say "Good Luck!"

TX.X-30 fan
09-20-2007, 05:03 PM

Have you ever run out of gas??? In the boat I mean.

G-man
09-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Most warranties state it is the customers responsibility to get to an authorized service center for repair. If you can't sleep some night pull out your warranty and read it. There are a few exclusions sales people don't talk about. You should be ready to fall asleep after reading it.

TMCNo1
09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Most insurance companies, have a option for a few dollars more a year or may even be included, that will reinburse you for breakdowns on the water and on the highway. It may be worth checking your boat insurance ploicy and/or talk to your insurance agent/company that covers you.

east tx skier
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Your warranty is in the 2006 owners manual. Here's a link (http://www.mastercraft.com/manuals/2006OwnersManual.pdf).

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but here's what it says in Paragraph 7(d). Maybe your dealer will hook you up, but it doesn't appear to be covered under warranty.

André
09-20-2007, 07:24 PM
My 2006 X2 had a fuel pump go out ...
"Another bites the dust..."

/Insert Queen's music here.:D

Sorry for your troubles.:(

djhuff
09-21-2007, 08:45 AM
$120 for a tow?? Do you not have kind and considerate boaters up there? I got towed in once in my old boat (fuel pump) and the guy wouldn't even consider taking any money. We were camping at the same campground, and he just said he would stop by later and I could give him a beer.
I towed someone in earlier this year and wouldn't take anything from him either.

justinlkgb
09-21-2007, 08:59 AM
i'm with Huff....120 for a tow on the lake?? Seems outrageous, to me though. :eek3:

Chief
09-21-2007, 09:36 AM
$120 for a tow?? Do you not have kind and considerate boaters up there? I got towed in once in my old boat (fuel pump) and the guy wouldn't even consider taking any money. We were camping at the same campground, and he just said he would stop by later and I could give him a beer.
I towed someone in earlier this year and wouldn't take anything from him either.

I had to pay $300 when my alternator died because the wife did not pay the US BOAT policy when I was on deployment and there was a "small craft warning" the day the Sea Tow came. OUCH!

ATLX2
09-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks all,

I will call my insurance company and ask them about the towing as the dealer seems like a lost cause. For the first time ever there were no boats in the cove that I wakeboard in. I waited 30 min for a boat to come by and nothing. Normally its grand central. even the 45 min after I called the tow boat there was a a couple of seadoos.

Is the fuel pump a big problem on this boat?

Roonie's
09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Fuel pump is a problem only if you let it get down below a 1/4 tank. If the pump runs out of fuel while pumping it will burn out. My dealer told me to not let it get below 1/4 tank or you will be asking for trouble. All it takes is one time. Do a search on it and you will see. Fuel pump is around $300 to replace.

I towed in a wally a couple of weeks ago. He was out fishing and he ran out of gas. He never offered to pay but I would have refused it.