PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Windshield?......

SunCoast 83
09-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey everyone, a few years back I had a tint job done on my windshield. Now it is starting to peel on the drivers side, it began after I had the windshield taken apart and the frames repainted. Ive let the tint go this season, and will remove it all this winter. I am in debate over re-tinting. Is it worth it?....If so, How do I prevent it from peeling again? This boat is always covered too...

03 35th Anniversary
09-19-2007, 11:54 PM
The windshield on my boat is tinted. I have number 5 tint. I would re-tint if I had to but I would go with a lighter tint.

erkoehler
09-20-2007, 12:00 AM
We tint w/ 20% if a customer wants it, and haven't had any issues with it peeling.

I'd assume something is failing in the application process?????

grijalavanation
09-20-2007, 08:37 AM
i have been tinting since 1994. On an average a good tint jobs should last 4-5 years. Depending on the type of film that was used. If they used cheap film it won't last very long. If they used a quality film the life of it will last longer. As a tinter I can tell you some shops will tell you there installing high quality film but in most cases its cheap. They can put cheap film and save cost and they know in a few years you will come back to have it done again. A honest tinter will use high quality film that may cost more to buy but it will look good and last longer. And they won't have to worry about any complaints. Also stay away from that lifetime warranty crap. Its cheap and usually has a green tint to it. The way that works its cheap and the manufacture will pay the installer a kick back to re-do the job, hoping in a few years you have sold the item tinted or lost your original reciept, which you must have to get your warranty. So good luck and hope your boat looks sharp after you get it tinted.

SunCoast 83
09-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will look into the quality of the tint much more this time.