PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Season ending! Oh No!

jss101
09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
It's happening! :cry: :( :eek3:
The season up here in the Northeast is ending. It's happening quickly! I can feel it! Oh, no! It's getting colder, especially in the mornings and evenings (prime waterski time). I'm so jealous of you folks in more southern climes...

Actually, to tell the truth, once September hits and the kids are back in school and work is in full swing and all of life's other necessities kick in, it gets harder and harder to get out to the lake anyway. Do you folks find that too? I actually have no problem skiing when it's pretty cold (the water stays relatively warm for much longer) but.. it just gets difficult to plan around all the other stuff going on.

Sad last weekend, as I pulled the boat out of the water and started putting stuff away... Still hoping for a few more good days out on the H2O before packing it in completely! Oh, a dream for endless summer!!

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 11:33 AM
It's happening! :cry: :( :eek3:
The season up here in the Northeast is ending. It's happening quickly! I can feel it! Oh, no! It's getting colder, especially in the mornings and evenings (prime waterski time). I'm so jealous of you folks in more southern climes...

Actually, to tell the truth, once September hits and the kids are back in school and work is in full swing and all of life's other necessities kick in, it gets harder and harder to get out to the lake anyway. Do you folks find that too? I actually have no problem skiing when it's pretty cold (the water stays relatively warm for much longer) but.. it just gets difficult to plan around all the other stuff going on.

Sad last weekend, as I pulled the boat out of the water and started putting stuff away... Still hoping for a few more good days out on the H2O before packing it in completely! Oh, a dream for endless summer!!

I feel your pain but I promised myself I was going to be in the water 9 months this year. Started in March and have to go at least once in November, we'll see.

jaxrider
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I live in the southeast but find the same problems. As school starts and football begins the weekends are packed full of things to do. There are fewer boats on the river these days and I can't even enjoy it at the moment. Boating, college football, and NFL are hard decision to make. Guess it's time to figure out where to put a plasma on the boat and a dish! That would be pretty cool. Watching the game from your favorite spot and getting in a few pulls between games and half time.

tones03
I feel your pain but I promised myself I was going to be in the water 9 months this year. Started in March and have to go at least once in November, we'll see.

NOVEMBER!!! You must have a dry suit or something. Last year we took our stuff out the first week in October and the water dropped 20 degrees to in the low 50's. You are a bigger man then me Steve, but if you go in the water in Novemeber, when you get out, I would be willing to bet I will be bigger. ;) haha

fintek9
Us to, started April 7th but the tree sitting season is coming in 12 days,
That's when it gets hard for me. But seem to get out through early
November, Then I have to start drying the boat for storage!
You have to put the suit on or it takes longer for your "manhood" to fall back into place!!!:o

jss101
09-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I live in the southeast but find the same problems. As school starts and football begins the weekends are packed full of things to do. There are fewer boats on the river these days and I can't even enjoy it at the moment. Boating, college football, and NFL are hard decision to make. Guess it's time to figure out where to put a plasma on the boat and a dish! That would be pretty cool. Watching the game from your favorite spot and getting in a few pulls between games and half time.

Ha! That's why god invented radio! :D
We're into the red sox. We listen to the games on the radio on the boat!

trickskier
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Guess it's time to figure out where to put a plasma on the boat and a dish!
If anybody can do it, I'm sure you can.................:D

jaxrider
09-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I think I need a bigger boat for that winter project! There is a pretty sweet red x15 at the shop......hmmmm

trickskier
09-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I think I need a bigger boat for that winter project! There is a pretty sweet red x15 at the shop......hmmmm
I'm sure there is plenty of room on the tower.

tex
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm going to the lake today to put our jump and course back in after a wakeboard event. I will dive in shorts! Nice to live in Texas!

RK@UST
09-19-2007, 12:29 PM
You never know , but we will most likely go through the middle of Oct.
Was that way last year.
But even said, I here loud and clear the "oh no! Season ending ".
It's been just fabulous.
I will winterize the 3rd week in Oct. and then begin the duck hunting deal through Jan. Feb and Mar just waiting to dewinterize.

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
NOVEMBER!!! You must have a dry suit or something. Last year we took our stuff out the first week in October and the water dropped 20 degrees to in the low 50's. You are a bigger man then me Steve, but if you go in the water in Novemeber, when you get out, I would be willing to bet I will be bigger. ;) haha

Full Wetsuit and a set of shrunk junk afterwards :D

pkskier
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
We will try to make it into November, should be no problem here. I love football too but the radio picks up most of the games I care about. Yes Tex it is great to live in Texas.

lanier92prostar
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
In Atlanta, we try to go through the middle of October also, even though we could go longer. I don't mind the water temp with a wetsuit, but I like to warm up afterwards. Also, our lakes are getting low and there may not be a ramp near our ski areas.

beatle78
09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Up here in NE all of my usual riders are a bunch of babies.

The water is too cold and they don't want to go, but in Sept/Oct, I find the water to be super calm most days after work.

I would ride every day is I had someone to ride with..... it's REALLY frustrating to see your boat sit idle while the season slowly disappears.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Up here in NE all of my usual riders are a bunch of babies.

The water is too cold and they don't want to go, but in Sept/Oct, I find the water to be super calm most days after work.

I would ride every day is I had someone to ride with..... it's REALLY frustrating to see your boat sit idle while the season slowly disappears.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Did you just sign on as me and write that? WOW

If we were in the same part of the country I would find yet another excuse to leave work early...:D

jss101
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm going to the lake today to put our jump and course back in after a wakeboard event. I will dive in shorts! Nice to live in Texas!

Ok, so rub it in! Go ahead! We don't mind! (yes we do!!)

jss101
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
You never know , but we will most likely go through the middle of Oct.
Was that way last year.
But even said, I here loud and clear the "oh no! Season ending ".
It's been just fabulous.
I will winterize the 3rd week in Oct. and then begin the duck hunting deal through Jan. Feb and Mar just waiting to dewinterize.

It HAS been a fabulous season! Do have to admit that! Got lots of nice glass days. Got some of those days where it thundershowered during mid day, chasing all of the day boaters off the lake, then it cleared up, and we hop out and ski quick before they come back!

jss101
09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Full Wetsuit and a set of shrunk junk afterwards :D

Thanks for the, um, image. I was having a good day until now! :rolleyes:

mitch
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Our boats and docks usually come out Columbus day w/e in S. Maine. If the water stays high enough we should be able to pull it off again this year- it's a little dicey.
Looks like a decent w/e coming up, and hopefully it's not windy, *and* the Sox get their shi% together. Last few nites have been painful to watch. :(
Would not trade NE for anything. Snowmobiling is right around the corner :D

It's happening! The season up here in the Northeast is ending. It's happening quickly! I can feel it! Oh, no! It's getting colder, especially in the mornings and evenings (prime waterski time). I'm so jealous of you folks in more southern climes...

Leroy
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm feeling the same, last night was 85 and sunny, but kids stuff and wife worked late....on and on and I did not get out when I should have. High School soccer and daughters basketball takes over many weekends and nights now until end of October.

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the, um, image. I was having a good day until now! :rolleyes:

That's all it took to ruin your day? 8p

beatle78
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Did you just sign on as me and write that? WOW

If we were in the same part of the country I would find yet another excuse to leave work early...:D

not that we need an excuse to leave early :).....

I am going tomorrow night, but I'll probably be the only one who goes in the water.....

oh and my daughter who I'm going to take tubing with me for the 1st time (she's 18months). :D :D

beef
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm not listening. <fingers in ears> la-la-la-la...

Last year we went all 12 months of the year. Not too pleasant at times, but it definitely breaks up the off season. January, we had to wait for a couple of warm days to soften up the ice. Coldest water I've ever skied in.

Now that that's out of my system, we'll probably wrap it up sometime in November this year. Just not worth draining the block and heater every time out if we can only go a couple times a month.

hokiecharlie
09-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I bought a dry suit to extend the season this year (Virginia). Like others, though, I may be done in more by schedule/lack of dedication/interest by others than by the weather. Anyone near Richmond, VA needing someone to help extend their season, let me know.

JoshBuzz
09-19-2007, 03:38 PM
We're riding into the season and then cutting off in December for college finals and then the annual trip to Colorado to hit the slopes! Man I love living in Texas!

:D

daverbeck
09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Skiing in Wisconsin is a May through October season for me. Last Sunday morning it was 54 deg when we got out on the water. Full suit on and stocking hat between runs. Then jump in the hot tub to warm up before heading home.

This weekend it is back up in the 80's! Trying to go Saturday and Sunday AM.

Need to learn how to wear a dry suit. Bought one once and felt like someone was trying to stangle me so I sent it back. Any recommendations?

SunCoast 83
09-19-2007, 11:29 PM
We will ski up to mid - October, then thats it. I try to pull the boat out and run it either on the trailer, or take it to the lake once every few weeks....Florida winters.....:D

rodltg2
09-20-2007, 01:19 AM
not looking so good in Nor Califnornia right now :mad:

its raining, windy and 55deg right now. ***.....

JoshBuzz
09-20-2007, 04:09 AM
You can always come see us down here in Texas Rod! We'd be more than happy to host!

McFire
09-20-2007, 02:43 PM
We are ending our season soon too. In addition to all the weekend events with the kids that go on this time of year, the wife's sister is getting married. That takes my wife (and driver) out of town 5 of the next 6 weeekends. It is depressing knowing the boat will be put away soon.

mccobmd
09-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey, I'll make it to mid october in south Oklahoma, I might go longer but my wife put her foot down and if she has to wear more than a sweatshirt she refuses to drive. She's done in the water in september.

Slinkyredfoot
09-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Yea, kinda always bums me out at the end of the season...suppose to be in the mid to upper 80's this weekend. but the water is cooling off and the sun is lower in the sky.
Fall on the lake is a beautiful time of year as well...there are still several weekends left to our season...enjoy it will we can.....

Lennyp04
09-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Last weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack the screen said, Water 65 and Air was 48. It was very cold but this weekend it will be high 70s-80s. Funny how things can change so quick. My boat comes out on Sunday...unfortunatley.