PDA

View Full Version : Friggin' LOVE bugs!

SkiDog
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Got these on the truck this afternoon. I could hardly see thru my windshield!:mad: You northerners don't have this problem, do you?

BriEOD
09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and some elbow grease will take those right off Eddie.

pilot02
09-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Carnauba is your friend......

Was talking to my friend SteveO an hour or so ago (You met him at CSM... Remember the igloo w/ "Sex on da Beach") He lives in Chipley and was commenting that the bugs are really, really bad this year...

SkiDog
09-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Yea, they wern't too bad until today on my way to the hunting club, and WHAM! Sounded like little rocks hitting my windshield!

JimN
09-18-2007, 08:12 PM
"You northerners don't have this problem, do you?"

Nope! Just one of the benefits to being up here.

SkiDog
09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Thats OK, we get to ski twice as long as ya'll!:D I suffer a few Love Bugs a couple of times a year to still be able to ski longer!:)

atlfootr
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Got these on the truck this afternoon. I could hardly see thru my windshield!:mad: You northerners don't have this problem, do you?We had 'em, now you've got 'em ...
After you wash your truck'n grill. spray PAM on your grill and they'll slide off like butter :D

BrianM
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I've been dealing with them the last week or so too. Washed my truck this morning. Drove the 18 miles to the lake and back this afternoon and the front looked like yours. Got home and rewashed the front end. I hate lovebug season

BrianM
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
We had 'em, now you've got 'em ...
After you wash your truck'n grill. spray PAM on your grill and they'll slide off like butter :D

Can you use the PAM on the paint? Unfortunately the whole front end of my truck is painted :mad:

betsy&david Harrison
09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I think he was funnin with you with the Pam idea.

BrianM
09-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Actually he was serious. I know that lots of people use it on chrome bumpers and grills. Just don't know about paint.

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM

Seriously, it does work, will wash off w/o residue and can be painted over unlike silicone or silicone base furniture polishes. NEXTEL CUP race teams use it on the front facia and grills of the cars to prevents the hot tire rubber from sticking to the screen grill covers and clogging them up and it is sprayed on the radiator cores too.

RK@UST
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Yea, they wern't too bad until today on my way to the hunting club, and WHAM! Sounded like little rocks hitting my windshield!
Dude, just got back from Mag3 and on the way to the hunting club ????
Life's good huh ??
:cool: :)

roddydog
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Got these on the truck this afternoon. I could hardly see thru my windshield!:mad: You northerners don't have this problem, do you?
Never seen them:confused:

Leroy
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
How about rainex for the windows? I had one big bug hit my window earlier this week and wiped right off.

I would be thinking about moving Skidog!

lanier92prostar
09-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't know how to prevent them, just how to remove them. I covered the front of my 5th wheel last year about this time going to Orlando. The only way to get it off my fiberglass was with a toothbrush. I waxed everything really well before we left and still had problems getting them all off. I try to stay away from FLA during lovebug season. It is the pits.

atlfootr
09-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I think he was funnin with you with the Pam idea.Actually I wasn't, but then you wouldn't know about that stuff in Cal.:rolleyes:
PAM does work! Spray on the grill, NOT PAINT ...

SkiDog
09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Dude, just got back from Mag3 and on the way to the hunting club ????
Life's good huh ??
:cool: :)
I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiDog
09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
How about rainex for the windows? I had one big bug hit my window earlier this week and wiped right off.

I would be thinking about moving Skidog!
No Leroy, my roots are DEEP in this part of the country, besides, my wifes parents are here and she AIN'T going anywheres!!!:D

SkiDog
09-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I just googled 'Love Bugs' and came up with this. pretty intresting reading! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug
I thought I could blame these damn bugs on them university of Fla. Gators, but it turns out they ain't the culprit!

Sodar
09-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Can you use the PAM on the paint? Unfortunately the whole front end of my truck is painted :mad:

Yes, you can. I use it on my painted bumper cap and painted mirrors for my long distance hauls. Makes it VERY easy to get bugs and even road tar off.

Thrall
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Good idea. I'm going to try that next road trip. Hate scrubbing off bugs.
If they're already stuck on though, I use window cleaner, the aerosol type w/ ammonia in it. They scrub off much easier, and having a can in your truck makes cleaning off your windshield bugs much easier at the gas station.