PDA

View Full Version : U of F Student .... Tased

atlfootr
09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Tased in the chest = what you get for speak'n out at a J.Kerry Campain :rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I got a sneakin hunch this is gonna get ugly.

BriEOD
09-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Not for the cops it won't. It said he was noncompliant...end of story.

09-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Not for the cops it won't. It said he was noncompliant...end of story.
I dunno Bri, this one sounds kinda sticky to me. Looks like 5 or 6 cops got him on the ground, and then they taze him..... From teh videos I watched, didnt look like he was fighting them or resisting with force. He was just shooting off his mouth. I think this ones gonna get ugly, fast. I smell lawsuit. Just my opinion.

BriEOD
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I wasn't there. However, if they told him to do something and he did not and then he continued to be noncompliant, in the slightest way, well they were in the right.

Maristar210
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Shoot him in the leg, boom boom......

atlfootr
09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I got a sneakin hunch this is gonna get ugly.Jus' wait 'til trickstr gets a hold of this one :rant: 8p

Footin
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
He was probably a Gator fan.

92 190 PS
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM
I dunno Bri, this one sounds kinda sticky to me. Looks like 5 or 6 cops got him on the ground, and then they taze him..... From teh videos I watched, didnt look like he was fighting them or resisting with force. He was just shooting off his mouth. I think this ones gonna get ugly, fast. I smell lawsuit. Just my opinion.

Once again we don't give the cops the benefit of the doubt. If they told what to do and he didn't do it on several occasions he gets tazed. There may be other cops on this board, but from what I know about tazers and use of force they are up towards the top of things that come out early. If you were to spray him in that auditorium you'd contanimate half the audience. I say taze his a$$ early and often if he doesn't do what the police are telling him to do.....

92 190 PS
09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE&mode=related&search=

Above is the video so that you can all decide for yourself....

6ballsisall
09-18-2007, 09:13 PM

Then he deserved it. :D (That ones for Lakepirate ;) )

92 190 PS
09-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Now that I've watched the entire video he absolutely was resisting arrest. He's lucky they didn't beat the he!! out of him. Tazing only hurts for a second.....

I could never be a cop.....Guys like Eastie would have their day with me after I was on video giving a guy like this the business....

09-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Once again we don't give the cops the benefit of the doubt. If they told what to do and he didn't do it on several occasions he gets tazed. There may be other cops on this board, but from what I know about tazers and use of force they are up towards the top of things that come out early. If you were to spray him in that auditorium you'd contanimate half the audience. I say taze his a$$ early and often if he doesn't do what the police are telling him to do.....
Look, I never said anyone was wrong or right, I just said it was gonna get ugly. This is gonna be a major hodge podge of media blitz, law suits. I never mentioned once the guy was right or wrong, or that the cops were wrong. I just mentioned what I saw that it had the potential to get sticky really fast. I still think this thing is gonna get crazy. Maybe the cops were right, maybe the guy was right. I dont care. I just think its gonna turn into huge mess.

6ballsisall
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE&mode=related&search=

Above is the video so that you can all decide for yourself....

Resisting arrest, that simple. The putz deserved it......

92 190 PS
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Look, I never said anyone was wrong or right, I just said it was gonna get ugly. This is gonna be a major hodge podge of media blitz, law suits. I never mentioned once the guy was right or wrong, or that the cops were wrong. I just mentioned what I saw that it had the potential to get sticky really fast. I still think this thing is gonna get crazy. Maybe the cops were right, maybe the guy was right. I dont care. I just think its gonna turn into huge mess.

I hear you.....Just tired of this crap. He resisted and got what was coming. You're right though it won't be that easy.

09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Then he deserved it. :D (That ones for Lakepirate ;) )
LOL!!!! :uglyhamme

Rock on Jeff!!! Lakey needs a little boost. He took the beatin' of the week at MM3. literally and figuratively. Got his arse pounded by the water while trying to barefoot, and got his ego pounded by Tricky and Knox after the Tenn /Gators game. :(

6ballsisall
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
LOL!!!! :uglyhamme

Rock on Jeff!!! Lakey needs a little boost. He took the beatin' of the week at MM3. literally and figuratively. Got his arse pounded by the water while trying to barefoot, and got his ego pounded by Tricky and Knox after the Tenn /Gators game. :(

Fortunately his ears are dry and unscathed. Poor Sassy can't say the same. :D ;)

09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
I hear you.....Just tired of this crap. He resisted and got what was coming. You're right though it won't be that easy.
I understand your point man, we are good. :)

I guess I should have phrased my 2nd post better. What I meant was I saw stuff that looked like the masses would consider questionable "conduct" by the police and the media would really take off with it. and I belive they will. I have already seen this stuff on the news. It will be interesting to see what happens.

09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Fortunately his ears are dry and unscathed. Poor Sassy can't say the same. :D ;)
Poor ol' "Saliva eared sassy". :noface: I feel more sorry for him than I do for Lakey getting beat up by the water and the Florida gator boys. ;)

roddydog
09-18-2007, 10:26 PM

Freedom of speech? speaking the thruth??

Leroy
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
The cops gave an order and this idiot thinks he is above the law for some reason.

You know I think respect for authority and the law come above free speech, this guy is up there with the lawnmower guy just standing on a different spot.

If the cops tell you to do something you need to obey their orders. I'll say that every time there has been a problem is when people don't listen to the police and think they have a better solution. The problem then is the police being human can overreact as I'm sure I would at times with what they have to deal with......:twocents: :twocents:

dmayer84
09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Well I was just talking to my friend from Miami that knows the kid in the video. Hes the one that will do whatever it takes to make his point. She is not suprised he kept yelling and screaming when the cops grabbed him and wouldn't comply with the officers.

milkmania
09-18-2007, 11:06 PM
what was he doing that was out of line to begin with?

all I saw was him asking a question, then the female officer stepping up.

undoubtedly, there's more behind this story
perhaps, he was hitting on a hot topic, and the council/forum didn't like it:confused::rolleyes:

I mean, the voice in the backgroundsounded like he wanted to answer this kid's question

Leroy
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Expected this dmayer.

I would say anyone that thinks the first amendment allows us to say and do anything read the first amendment. Wiki is a good starting point http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment

Well I was just talking to my friend from Miami that knows the kid in the video. Hes the one that will do whatever it takes to make his point. She is not suprised he kept yelling and screaming when the cops grabbed him and wouldn't comply with the officers.

JimN
09-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I saw the story on the news tonight and he was up, walking and talking after they tazed him, so it must have been a pretty minor shock. It looked very minor, compared to some of the tazer demos I have seen. The person the news crew talked to said he has a history of videotaping his own practical jokes and apparently doesn't know when to stop. Sounds like a loud-mouthed kid whose parents have provided him with more than he really ever needed. Maybe they just bought things for him to shut him up.

His time was up at the podium and he wouldn't leave. He didn't do what the cops told him to, so they tazed him. Yeah, he'll probably sue and will probably be awarded something just to go away.

How long before he runs for the Senate? Anyone?

Leroy
09-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Whatever it was without rules that people follow there is chaos....benefit of doubt police....

Maybe something more will come out on this we'll have to see.

what was he doing that was out of line to begin with?

all I saw was him asking a question, then the female officer stepping up.

undoubtedly, there's more behind this story
perhaps, he was hitting on a hot topic, and the council/forum didn't like it:confused::rolleyes:

I mean, the voice in the backgroundsounded like he wanted to answer this kid's question

Willski
09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
in the sue happy world we live in, this will be an issue. I'm all for the police having the ability to restrain....taze....whatever when someone doesn't follow the rules, as long as they don't do lasting or permanent damage to the person.

SDAhockey21
09-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I think the po po shouldn't have come into the picture in the first place, however once they did , he asked for it by jumping and running around

Most likely, if he had not have tried to get away, they probably would have let him be....

Leroy
09-19-2007, 12:17 AM
OK....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/18/student.tasered/index.html

Chief
09-19-2007, 06:11 AM

Then he should have gotten it twice: One for being a Gaytor fan and the other for being at a John Kerry event, hell one for everybody there in that case.

bucky
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
The way he was whining and crying and screaming, I thought they might be trying to saw off a limb with a dull spoon or something. What a wuss.

Ric
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
kids these days :rolleyes:

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 08:15 AM
They should have shot both the kid and John Kerry. The world would be a better place with one less liar and one less loud mouthed punk.

On Second thought...Like Frankie Pantangelli said; "two shots to the head apiece Mikey, two shots."

(Steve stirs pot and goes off to meeting)

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 08:46 AM
He's still moving? Shoot him again !!!

09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I am tired of this.

Show me more about the guy that got mauled by the bear and lived.

or the guy that got his arm ripped off by an alligator.

The story about the lettuce with E coli is starting to become more interesting than the tazing. 8p

atlfootr
09-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Once again we don't give the cops the benefit of the doubt. If they told what to do and he didn't do it on several occasions he gets tazed. There may be other cops on this board, but from what I know about tazers and use of force they are up towards the top of things that come out early. If you were to spray him in that auditorium you'd contanimate half the audience. I say taze his a$$ early and often if he doesn't do what the police are telling him to do.....Snds like a c:rolleyes:p ..

tex
09-19-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm old school. A cop tells you to do something...you do it. If it's not something that will put your life in danger. You don't don't do it and they warn you and you keep resisting, you are making your own bed. The problem I see with that was that they could have removed him without shocking him. The best way to defuse a situation is to remove the problem. They added to the problem by taking him to the ground and then shocking him. Most people have never seen someone shocked in person and will freak out. Just my old school thoughts. I do beleive in free speech and not in police beatings but some idiots try and push the limits too far! Oh, I more thing, how about manners over free speech.

09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Arent there any shark attacks in the news this week?? :confused:

JBaker
09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I gotta side with the cops here, although you'd think outnumering the guy 5 or 6 to 1 would give them enough of an advantage to be able to cuff him without the taser. No question he was resisting though. The cops are just lucky this guy is white...

09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Oooo! Now here's a story about some woman bringing her kid on a school bus telling her to fight another kid!!! :popcorn:

caden
09-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe if the Tennessee defense had a taser we could have won!

09-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh forget this tazing stuff! its old hat.

there is better stuff in the news now!

There were some bats flying around in a college dorm! and they had to take some fat guy out of his house through a hole in the side of the wall with a carry lift!!! now THAT is news! :popcorn:

tex
09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm more interested in the hit put out on K-Fed!

JimN
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Tex- if you watch, there was no drooling, wetting himself, or thrashing around after he was tazed. No rigidity, either. It must have been set to "fuzzy kitten" when they zapped him and he didn't shut up, so it couldn't have been that traumatic. I agree- if the cops tell you to do something, do it. If he has that kind of problem with authority, let's enlist him in the military- he'd go really far there. His nickname will be "Drop and give me fifty".

trickskier
09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Jus' wait 'til trickstr gets a hold of this one :rant: 8p
No need to comment..........The guy was an idiot...............8p
Maybe if the Tennessee defense had a taser we could have won!
I don't think a taser would have stopped Tebow Saturday...............:D

tex
09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Tex- if you watch, there was no drooling, wetting himself, or thrashing around after he was tazed. No rigidity, either. It must have been set to "fuzzy kitten" when they zapped him and he didn't shut up, so it couldn't have been that traumatic. I agree- if the cops tell you to do something, do it. If he has that kind of problem with authority, let's enlist him in the military- he'd go really far there. His nickname will be "Drop and give me fifty".
I noticed that too. Was it a Campus Cop Tazer?

milkmania
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I am tired of this.

Show me more about the guy that got mauled by the bear and lived.

or the guy that got his arm ripped off by an alligator.

The story about the lettuce with E coli is starting to become more interesting than the tazing. 8p

CNN is broadcasting OJ's arraignment........

there ya go UMP:rolleyes:

09-19-2007, 11:30 AM
CNN is broadcasting OJ's arraignment........

there ya go UMP:rolleyes:
Thanks Milk! :wavey:

But I am glued to my seat waiting for more news about the fat guy cut out of his house and those pesty bats in the college dorm. :rolleyes: The suspense is just killing me! :popcorn:

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks Milk! :wavey:

But I am glued to my seat waiting for more news about the fat guy cut out of his house and those pesty bats in the college dorm. :rolleyes: The suspense is just killing me! :popcorn:

It's talk like a pirate day UMP. That should distract you for at least an hour or so.....

I'm going to Long John Silverrrrrrrrrrrs just to celebrate :D

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 11:41 AM
What he's still moving?

Shoot him again.....

Hollywood
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Whether or not the police were right in removing him is one thing, but once that process starts (right or wrong) it's too late to change your behavior, go with it and sort it out later, or get tased. Old school like Tex.

What ever ended up happening with that Middleastern kid last year that got tased in the library?

DemolitionMan
09-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I think what hurts the cops case is that their was 6 of them they had the guy on the ground and hes begging the them not to tase him and they do. I am probably one of the most conservative people you will meet but I think they went a little over board on this one. Even though here in Augusta a guy on drugs tried to run over some cops and they put 35 bullets in the car and 13 in him. In that case they did the right thing.

milkmania
09-19-2007, 12:16 PM
here's another thought, they should have hustled him out of the building and spared the people inside of becoming witnesses:twocents:

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
It bothers me that no one here is questioning why they tased him after he was rolled over and cuffed. Why did they try and remove him in the first place. You "old school" guys seem to forget that unless you make waves there won't be any redirection. As annoying as this student was, didn't he ask legitimate questions? If you or any one else doesn't want to potentially be asked difficult and seemingly obscene questions, then don't put up a microphone. It just seems that this problem is helping to cover up an even bigger issue. No one watches the video and thinks about the questions, they watch and think this a$$ is disrupting a wealthy man while he tells us what to think. And the campus security or the cops felt that it was their duty to step in and bring order. Why would they make him leave? What gives them that right? The worse thing is that no one felt it was their duty to have him answer those questions. If you had questions you wanted answers to and you hadn't shown any kind of force, would you like the cops handling you for it, forcing you out because it sounded unruly? Does it really matter who the question is directed at? Don't add to the brainwashing by dismissing something as a product of misguided youth. Would you be man enough to do it, or does it take a "kid?"

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
It bothers me that no one here is questioning why they tased him after he was rolled over and cuffed. Why did they try and remove him in the first place. You "old school" guys seem to forget that unless you make waves there won't be any redirection. As annoying as this student was, didn't he ask legitimate questions? If you or any one else doesn't want to potentially be asked difficult and seemingly obscene questions, then don't put up a microphone. It just seems that this problem is helping to cover up an even bigger issue. No one watches the video and thinks about the questions, they watch and think this a$$ is disrupting a wealthy man while he tells us what to think. And the campus security or the cops felt that it was their duty to step in and bring order. Why would they make him leave? What gives them that right? The worse thing is that no one felt it was their duty to have him answer those questions. If you had questions you wanted answers to and you hadn't shown any kind of force, would you like the cops handling you for it, forcing you out because it sounded unruly? Does it really matter who the question is directed at? Don't add to the brainwashing by dismissing something as a product of misguided youth. Would you be man enough to do it, or does it take a "kid?"

Sounded like a loud mouthed punk *** kid to me. Free speech does not allow you to be delibrately obnoxious and resistant. There are other laws like disturbing the peace.
This kid was stupid and deserved what he got. After a few days in jail he can go back to hitting the bong in his dorm room...

My father told me more than once "be quiet and listen, you'll learn something if you do"

And yes I know I'm an a**hole :D

Edit: And your girlfriend is HOT

milkmania
09-19-2007, 12:26 PM

this helped give me a better understanding
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=408466&postcount=29

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't condone being a punk *** kid. But while you were forming your oppinion did you think about those questions? Did you wonder whether a statement attesting to questions like that would ever be answered? As far as the officers go, their judgement was wrong. They had him rolled over and restrained before they tased him. Spend a few minutes and watch the videos. I know I don't know all the facts and he may have been glory hunting, but I do know enough to question every aspect of what is really going on instead of acting like an ignorant *** old man.

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't condone being a punk *** kid. But while you were forming your oppinion did you think about those questions? Did you wonder whether a statement attesting to questions like that would ever be answered? As far as the officers go, their judgement was wrong. They had him rolled over and restrained before they tased him. Spend a few minutes and watch the videos. I know I don't know all the facts and he may have been glory hunting, but I do know enough to question every aspect of what is really going on instead of acting like an ignorant *** old man.

I don't care what you say your girlfriend is still HOT :D

I see your point. If you were referring to me as an old man then I am afraid I aint that old.....

Sonny boy ;) :D

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
She may be in the Seminole Hard Rock Casino Hotel calendar. She's hoping for centerfold and I am just hoping to say thats my girlfriend.

The ignorant *** old man was to counter the punk *** kid. Its what i came up with on short notice.

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
She may be in the Seminole Hard Rock Casino Hotel calendar. She's hoping for centerfold and I am just hoping to say thats my girlfriend.

The ignorant *** old man was to counter the punk *** kid. Its what i came up with on short notice.

She should definately be in our calendar. Have you seen the calendar thread? Go check it out.

Signed, Old man :D

trickskier
09-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Edit: And your girlfriend is HOT
I'll second that!!! ;) :woohoo: 27697

09-19-2007, 01:33 PM
ALright, alright, where are the pictures of this HOT girlfriend you two speak of??:confused:

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 02:12 PM
ALright, alright, where are the pictures of this HOT girlfriend you two speak of??:confused:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=27507&d=1189983029

And Here:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=27470&d=1189735676

bcampbe7
09-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I am a bit late to this party, but...

I donít think this video shows the whole incident. From reading different reports, this kid barged to the front of the line and asked another forum attendant to make sure that she was getting it on video. He knew exactly what he was doing.

The kid was not tazed because of what he said. He was tazed because he didn't do what the officers told him to do. When asked to leave he became belligerent. Who cares why the officers told him to leave. When they told him to leave, he should have left and sorted out the details later. The kid may have asked some great questions, but he made himself look like an a$$hat when he got angry with the officers. If that had been an incident on the street and not in a forum setting, it would have ended up much worse for the kid.

I think the officers should have also restrained him a bit more when they initially had him on the ground. If he was able to move, he wasnít restrained enough, IMHO.

Labatt911
09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
A taser is along the use of force as pepper spray. There are two ways to use a taser. One is to shot it at the kid from about 12-15 ft away at which time two barbs somewhat similar to a small fish hook implant into your skin and the volts are transfered to them by a wire connected back to the taser each bast lasts 5 seconds but feels like and hour. (most effective and RECOMMENDED USE) The second way is a contact shot, similar to the stun guns each blast last 5 seconds or the taser could be pulled off the suspect. Either method is extremely effective. From what I can see on the video only one wrist had a handcuff applied. The kid curled up on the floor and refused to bring his other arm behind his back. The police could have kicked, kneed, or punched him in his side, and or legs striking large muscle areas to make him comply. (that is taught in the police academys across the country) It appeared to me that it was a contact taz to gain control of his other arm and apply the handcuffs completely. It is very difficult to pull someone's arm out from under them and put it behind their back when they are lying on it refusing to let you have it. All suspects beg not to be tazed, but if you don't want it do what your told to do. Why did he beg not to be tased but continued to disreguard the officer's orders? You do have the right to freedom of speech and assembly but only if you are doing it peacefully. Had he stood there asked a question got an answer then asked another question no one would have asked him to sit down. If you listen carefully someone was trying to answer him but he kept yelling over them hyping up the audience. Once the female officer said something to him he got louder, he knew his time at the podium was ending that is why he started jumping around and causing a scene. This kid came there that day with the intent to be heard and make the news. He got less than what he should have. I think the officers response was less than what is should/could have been because they tried to do it without causing more of a scene. Yes I am a police officer.

Labatt911
09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
sorry for the double post i accidentally hit post twice cause my darn computer locked up

6ballsisall
09-19-2007, 03:39 PM
A taser is along the use of force as pepper spray. There are two ways to use a taser. One is to shot it at the kid from about 12-15 ft away at which time two barbs somewhat similar to a small fish hook implant into your skin and the volts are transfered to them by a wire connected back to the taser each bast lasts 5 seconds but feels like and hour. (most effective and RECOMMENDED USE) The second way is a contact shot, similar to the stun guns each blast last 5 seconds or the taser could be pulled off the suspect. Either method is extremely effective. From what I can see on the video only one wrist had a handcuff applied. The kid curled up on the floor and refused to bring his other arm behind his back. The police could have kicked, kneed, or punched him in his side, and or legs striking large muscle areas to make him comply. (that is taught in the police academys across the country) It appeared to me that is was a contact taz to gain control of his other arm and apply the handcuffs completely. It is very difficult to pull someone's arm out from under them and put it behind their back when they are lying on it refusing to let you have it. All suspects beg not to be tazed, but if you don't want it do what your told to do. Why did he beg not to be tased but continued to disreguard the officer's orders? You do have the right to freedom of speech and assembly but only if you are doing it peacefully. Had he stood there asked a question got an answer then asked another question no one would have asked him to sit down. If you listen carefully someone was trying to answer him but he kept yelling over them hyping up the audience. Once the female officer said something to him he got louder, he knew his time at the podium was ending that is why he started jumping around and causing a scene. This kid came there that day with the intent to be heard and make the news. He got less than what he should have. I think the officers response was less than what is should/could have been because they tried to do it without causing more of a scene. It isn't right for any of us to monday morning quarterback an incident that we only can see a minute clip of. Yes I am a police officer.

Thank you for your service and protection

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 04:12 PM
IMHO if this scenario had happened outside even if he was attempting to gain publicity the situation, I believe, would never have gotten out of control. The physical setting of this whole situation had a lot to do with its intensity. You may be a police officer but I doubt you were there so automatically you are not allowed to quarterback. You bring an enlightened and informed oppinion. Was the officer given strict orders to control the flow of dialogue? Isn't the university the exact setting for free thinking. While I totally disagree with the apparent belligerence of the student, just because someone doesn't like his tone doesn't mean he should be physically subdued. It seems a strange coincidence that there were a couple officers by the microphone. Speech control? Voice control? He wasn't phyically accosting anyone. He didn't charge after him with arms flailing. He rudely asked a few questions. Those questions are in depth and would expose Kerry. Did anyone see the man looking for confirmation to cut the students questions? (In the suit behind the officers that coicidentally didn't give a rats a$$) All was fine until someone gave the final order. The student finishes his questions, and then is grabbed and removed. At that point Kerry says "That's ok, let me answer his questions," but doesn't do anything. At what point is it ok to just grab and remove someone because you don't like what they are saying and how they are saying it. Don't you want to know the answers to those questions? Instead of grabbing him why didn't they let a response happen?

I would like you to understand that I don't agree with touching an officer or pushing an officer but I don't believe that grabbing this student was anywhere near a good idea.

I guess that the underlying point is this...If the student had approached that mic in a normal calm manner would he have been subdued for those questions? If not, then why was he subdued in the first place? The officer directly outside the auditorium said he was being arrested for "inciting a riot." WHAT???!!!!!!!!

Actually I have been watching every video I can on this...He was calm...This is rediculous.

6ballsisall
09-19-2007, 04:18 PM
^^^^ I guess thats what makes the US so great, we all get to express our opinions........

theanimal
09-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I agee with paying the consequences for disobeying the law, but if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson had got up in front of that class and said the exact words that the kid in the video said, no one would have stepped in. If anyone would have stepped in and tried to stop it, much less arrest either one of them, there would be nothing but hell brought down on those cops. Even further, let one of those guys get Tazed.....:eek: , They would have the cops head on a platter.

09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I agee with paying the consequences for disobeying the law, but if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson had got up in front of that class and said the exact words that the kid in the video said, no one would have stepped in. If anyone would have stepped in and tried to stop it, much less arrest either one of them, there would be nothing but hell brought down on those cops. Even further, let one of those guys get Tazed.....:eek: , They would have the cops head on a platter.
Ooooo! Good post, Good post!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

OhioProstar
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Hot girlfriend or not you read too many conspiracy blogs.

The kid was acting bizarre within a short distance from a US Senator. Law enforcement was in a heighten security posture and his behavor got him escorted away not his questions. Had he stopped acting like a fool when Kerry said he would answer the questions the police would have stood down, but kept him on a short leash. His agenda was not about the answers - just getting on TV, so he resisted arrest. He made sure to yell what was going on for the room/cameras to hear and refused to pull his hand back to be cuffed.

The police should be commended on their response to protect the visiting guest and the members in the audience. If Florida backs down a inch on that they are just feeding the soft underside of this country. One where no one takes responsibility for their actions and everyone can blame something, someone, but never themselves for all of life's problems.

tex
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Really, I've done some stupid things in my life that involved the cops. You know why I never got arrested? I knew when to shut my mouth, say yes sir, and walk away.

The thing that the police did not do right was keeping him in the room. They should have calmly escorted him out the door.

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I find it funny that waiting for acknowledgement from Kerry and thanking him for his time is acting bizarre. Kerry never started to answer until the kid was done. Kerry was however taken aback at the intensity of the statements and questions. Further, there was an attempt to remove the student from the mic before he finished his first question. He wasn't allowed to finish, they cut the mic and grabbed him. My girlfriend has nothing to do with this. I don't read conspiracy blogs. Also, I am not so narrow minded as to dismiss this as a crazy college kid out of control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6saJ6VEXOc&mode=related&search=

bucky
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
The videos I've seen must be heavily edited. I don't see what the fuss is. The kid was obviously causing a disturbance to get exactly what he got. His grandstanding before, during, and after the tazing shows he was playing for an audience. His 15 minutes.
Also, what kind of weaka$$ tazer was that? Admittedly, I've only been hit once on a bet, but I couldn't have peed in a straight line afterward, much less kept hollering and screaming.

Lastly, there is some definite hotness going on with your gal, mjw101081.

OhioProstar
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I guess I am just a simpleton who doesn't understand the ways of the world.

Your video shows him asking the questions, but not how he pushed his way to the front of the line. He had already displayed anti-social behavior and was at a minimum a risk to the discussion format and possibly worse.

Had he asked his questions and allowed them to be answered one at a time he may have been taken seriously. Instead he fired off a number of assertions and then used foul language. That is when they asked him to leave.

You are excusing his terrible behavior because you found his questions thought provoking.

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 07:01 PM
A risk to the discussion format...what kind of bull**** are you spouting. If he pushed his way to the front I would think it would have been stopped before he began his questioning. They wanted him off the mic as soon as Kerry said "So what is your question" and not because of how he got to the mic but for what he was saying. I saw no TERRIBLE behavior until after they grabbed him. I am NOT excusing the flailing of his arms and pushing the officers. Had this guy been in a suit and looked unlike a college student he would have been merely regarded as a rude individual and let be. Instead you see the words "college student" and think, shorts and a t-shirt unruly terrible behavior. It's strange that if you just play the audio you can hear coherent sentences directed at a democratic leader of this country. These statements are made up of pertinent topics and possible negative accusations. Then his mic is cut off and he is grabbed from behind by the officers. He repeatedly went on with multiple questions because they tried to run him off before he got his first question out. TERRIBLE behavior begins when he is grabbed from behind. All you can focus on now is his TERRIBLE behavior and foul language while he resists 6 officers for asking provoking questions. A simpleton would not have seen that and since you are not one I know you saw it too.

09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeeeee Hawwww!!!!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Chief
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Ya can't even have a good tasing anymore. They should have OC sprayed his a$$ "dude". If a cop tells you to sit, SIT, if he tells you to jump, JUMP. Fighting with the law never turns out good. He got what he deserved. He could have filed a complaint later about not being able to finish his so called question.

They should have also kicked him in the balls for good measure! That's just me, I'm an old school type that believes in anything but being PC and worrying about "stupid kids", yes I use to be one too. I have the record and scars to show for it.

Hopefully the kids in Gainsville don't burn the place down like the Rodney King incident. He was another good samartian that the cops roughed up unjustly. Whatever happened to that guy? Probably in jail with millions.

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
my favorite drink is Grand marnier and orange juice. very refreshing, the oj kills the liquor which doesn't need it any way. It's a suprisingly good morning drink to. Lots of sugar watch out for the headache.

JimN
09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Labatt- "Why did he beg not to be tased but continued to disreguard the officer's orders?"

Because he knew he was on camera, that's why?

OhioProstar
09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
His actions are what marginalized his message and got him tazed, not his age, clothes, social-economic status. The only reason this nut is getting his 15 minutes of fame is because John Kerry was in the room.

Lets focus our energy on a possible 28 year presidential reign by two families.

mjw101081
09-19-2007, 08:28 PM
or so you think...:cool: I'm done. My girls home...we're going to buy her a tazer.

DemolitionMan
09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
In the video it looks like their is secret service standing behind him. They never made a move on him, it seems like a lot of these campus police officers are a little quick to jump the gun. I am by no way a Kerry fan but he did ask them to let him answer his questions. I do feel like that the student was trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame and that the campus police weren't smart enough to see that.

roddydog
09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
What he's still moving?

Shoot him again.....
This is OK?

Then You Really Are Flippin'KrazyDizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!;)

roddydog
09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Only 'cus my original Eff Kay Dee was ....................Deleted!

'sup with that?
Killin's OK but DON'T SWEAR.......................or show any body parts other than your toes.

Maristar210
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
This is OK?

Then You Really Are Flippin'KrazyDizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!;)

I'm joking. But I need to add two points

First, MJW I need some of what you are smoking and second I still like you because, well you know why....

SunCoast 83
09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
The media as usual will continue blow it out of proportion, however, he was unruly, they will use it as a threat to Kerry's security...dont see it going much further than that.:confused:

tex
09-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I like this thread. It has brought out some skiers with very lower post counts. Good to see you cats speak up. Now go out and ski and post something about boats and skiing. Keep posting on these things too. Good to see some fresh blood in the water! Opinions are what this is all about! Welcome!!!!!

Can I say very lower?

6ballsisall
09-19-2007, 10:48 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
09-19-2007, 10:55 PM
I am with you guys they should have just shot him! End of story!8p

6ballsisall
09-19-2007, 10:57 PM
I am with you guys they should have just shot him! End of story!8p

thats what I like about you HB. You are always so conservative and subtle :D

bcampbe7
09-19-2007, 11:10 PM
thats what I like about you HB. You are always so conservative and subtle :D

Yeah, i wish he would speak what was on his mind more often. :D :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
09-19-2007, 11:19 PM
You know how many poeple live to talk about their "tazing?" Not as many live to talk about their shooting!:o Yeah, i wish he would speak what was on his mind more often. :D :rolleyes:

Scott
09-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Hilarious..and well deserved.:D

Ric
09-20-2007, 09:11 AM
cops shoulda tasered that lady who grabbed tim mcgraw's package in that concert setting

Ric
09-20-2007, 09:15 AM
for the record.. which hot girlfriend are we talking about here?

Hot girlfriend or not you read too many conspiracy blogs.

09-20-2007, 09:15 AM
cops shoulda tasered that lady who grabbed tim mcgraw's package in that concert setting
Ric, You keep bringing this up. I'm beginning to worry that your THAT concerned about Tim McGraw's package.

Ric
09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
what are you trying to say ump?

09-20-2007, 09:18 AM
what are you trying to say ump?
that your 7th sphetzer valve may be sticking.probably the humidity.

mjw101081
09-20-2007, 09:28 AM
I don't like what he's saying or doing or how he is acting. shoot him. He's still alive?...shoot him again. little pr*** thinks he can come and question what I'm doing or things that I have done while I'm trying to look smart for a world full of idiots. I talk and everyone listens and believes what I have to say, period. No unscreened questions or my goon squad will have your goon squad scoot you outta here. Where does this jacka$$ think he lives, America? It'll be ok. He looks like a fool for screamin an hollerin so everyone will forget why he started all this mess in first place. You don't put a major political figure on the spot in an open forum. It was caught on tape? Oh, well call our media guys... you know what to do. Hey pass me that jnt. HeHe. Did anyone watch Lil Bush (cough) last night?

Oh, and if my thread count is a major factor in credibility then I would say the lower the better.

Maristar210
09-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't like what he's saying or doing or how he is acting. shoot him. He's still alive?...shoot him again. little pr*** thinks he can come and question what I'm doing or things that I have done while I'm trying to look smart for a world full of idiots. I talk and everyone listens and believes what I have to say, period. No unscreened questions or my goon squad will have your goon squad scoot you outta here. Where does this jacka$$ think he lives, America? It'll be ok. He looks like a fool for screamin an hollerin so everyone will forget why he started all this mess in first place. You don't put a major political figure on the spot in an open forum. It was caught on tape? Oh, well call our media guys... you know what to do. Hey pass me that jnt. HeHe. Did anyone watch Lil Bush (cough) last night?

Oh, and if my thread count is a major factor in credibility then I would say the lower the better.

Dude. Seriously, you need to lighten up. Most of the people on here are just messing with you to get a rise out of you. I wont names but the term grain of salt should be taking by the handfull around this joint.

Stick around. you'll like it.

Steve

Ric
09-20-2007, 09:36 AM
saw another news clip this morning of a drunk chic getting repeatedly tased outside a night club

09-20-2007, 09:40 AM
saw another news clip this morning of a drunk chic getting repeatedly tased outside a night club
Is that what the "in crowd" calls it nowadays?

tex
09-20-2007, 09:40 AM

MJW-I wasn't giving you the business about your count. I was pointing out that I think it's a good thing that you and several others felt strong enough to post on this subject. I was encouraging you to post on other things too. More additions to the swimsuit, It's Friday,and Pics from the weekend threads are always good!
Have a great weekend!

Ric
09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Drunk chicks need tasing too!
Is that what the "in crowd" calls it nowadays?

mjw101081
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
but but but...I jus was tryin to fit in...I mean....I feel hi...err light.

I ain't leaving less I accidentally post a nude pic of my girl or something and I haven't had that kinda green in a few years. Isn't that how you get kicked off? I have been reading the archives for a while trying to play catch up. That seems to be a good way to get released. Something tells me you guys wouldn't mind though. Alas, I love my used old mastercraft. It has afforded me the opportunity to enlighten the minds of all you northerners.

OhioProstar
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I still don't know what the problem is. I held a dog's shock collar to my neck once and got the full #10 setting and I am fine.....now what was I saying again? ;)

mjw101081
09-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I believe that statement belongs on the Official Tazer Thread and Poll ...thread.

09-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I still don't know what the problem is. I held a dog's shock collar to my neck once and got the full #10 setting and I am fine.....now what was I saying again? ;)
Are you like Cousin Eddy now? everytime someone uses the microwave oven you pee your pants and forget who you are for a half hour?

Jorski
09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I know that this will be unpopular here , but, the campus cops (probably poorly trained) didn't taze him until they already had him down on the floor with about 6 of them piling on.

The point is it was unnecessary at the point in time they decided to use it. Had they used it earlier when he is on his feet and resisting (barely) and they felt threatened, no problem.

But the police, if they use excess force, and particularly after the threat, it becomes punishment. They are not empowered to do that.

Okay, now you guys can crucify my argment.

Ric
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Campus cops :noface:

tex
09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I know that this will be unpopular here , but, the campus cops (probably poorly trained) didn't taze him until they already had him down on the floor with about 6 of them piling on.

The point is it was unnecessary at the point in time they decided to use it. Had they used it earlier when he is on his feet and resisting (barely) and they felt threatened, no problem.

But the police, if they use excess force, and particularly after the threat, it becomes punishment. They are not empowered to do that.

Okay, now you guys can crucify my argment.
If the person on the ground knows what to do with his hands, he can make it very difficult to handcuff. Sometimes too many people involved in a restraint can also make it difficult. I have seen a guy actually put one of the cuffs on a fellow officer because there were so many hands involoved.

michael freeman
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
"first off, Go Gators" :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPmJNQQmp_A

FYI, as soon as he started resisting and hitting the cops they should have just backed away and teazered him. I've seen too many cops get injured or hurt messing with these people, and if people can't act reasonable maybe a little shock therapy will help them learn.

09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I bet that guy will be on double secret probation now.

Scott
09-21-2007, 07:27 AM
VERBAL NONCOMPLIANCE EQUALS GETTING TAZED...the tazer is considered the same level of force as pepper spray.. They tryed to restrain and handcuff but at some point they must escalate their response to force compliance. The dude is your typical retard looking for some spotlight.:rolleyes:

09-21-2007, 09:50 AM
VERBAL NONCOMPLIANCE EQUALS GETTING TAZED...the tazer is considered the same level of force as pepper spray.. They tryed to restrain and handcuff but at some point they must escalate their response to force compliance. The dude is your typical retard looking for some spotlight.
WHAT?????? :eek3: You mean They TAZE Retarded people????:mad: :mad: Thats NOT right! Sicko renta cops! :noface: I dont care who you are, you shouldnt be tazing retarded people!

3event
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
hahahahaha.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21558022/

I do agree with him on this one point:

Meyer: Politicians are not used to being asked the hard questions. I think free speech has been willfully discarded to an extent by American journalists. They have stopped asking questions that matter. Maybe their refusal to be vocal is what makes my outburst look so surprising in contrast.

JimN
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
"Meyer: Politicians are not used to being asked the hard questions."

Considering what they promise us, they had better get used to it.