View Full Version : Carolina Spring Madness '08

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 01:05 PM
the Official thread,
Carolina Spring Madness '08
May 1, 2, 3, and 4, 2008
Lake Wylie, NC/SC

-This will be the Official Thread/Post for the event, edited as necessary to update the information.

-Open to MasterCraft Boat Owners, which include their significant other, children and friends for the 4 days, come and go as you please, stay where you choose and eat where you please. I know a few families may want to attend Paramount Carowinds Amusement Theme Park which is open on weekends that time of year.

The following activities and services are planned,
-MYMC's pier will be the gathering point each day.
-ALL watersports activities can be a free for all, you do what you want, with who you want, where you want.
-Alcoholic beverages are BYOB!!!!!!!
-MYMC will have slalom course available May 1, 2, 3, and 4, unless MYMC posts otherwise.
-2 Porta-Potties will be available @ MYMC's place, unless MYMC posts otherwise.
-DJ booked for May 3 from 8 pm until Midnight!
-MC Team Skiers including Maeghan Major (all days), Josh Palma and Wade Cox will be there Sat. May, 3 attending on behalf of MasterCraft Boat Company.
-Eric Johnson from OJ Props will be there for maintenance/performance clinics on Friday May, 2

-Friday Night, Riverview Inn Seafood Buffet, http://www.the-riverview-inn.com/index.htm, go to site for menu/directions, 10012 Moores Chapel Loop, Charlotte, NC, 28214
-Saturday Night, T-Bones On The Lake, http://www.tbonesonthelake.com/title.htm, go to site for menu/directions, 3990 Hwy. 49, Lake Wylie, SC, 29710/3990 Charlotte Hwy., Clover, SC, 29710, same thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Commerative T-shirts are being worked on by Skidog and JohnE. Contact JohnE or Skidog by pm with the number and size of T-shirts you want so they can plan on the amount to order!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Public launch ramps are available at the Copperhead Island Campgrounds/Park, South Point Access (West Side) and Buster Boyds, within 7 miles of motels @ I-77.
-Directions* are posted below, on how to get to MYMC's dock from the water. Mastercraft Banners will be displayed on his property.
-MYMC will be sending event notifications to his MC customers.
-Bring your boat, but if you can't, there will be plenty there.
!!!!!!Closest boat gas to MYMC is @ Harbortowne Marina and Boat Store, 220 Commodore Court, Belmont, NC, 28012, Joel & Casey Summit, 10 minutes away from MYMC's on the West side of the lake, on Left side of the lake traveling North and on the Right side going South, midway between MYMC's and Buster Boyd Access.

Here is a link to Lake Wylie water levels, http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/levels/lake-wylie.asp?lake=lake-wylie&range=13monthhistorical and the US Drought Monitor, http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

*Accomodations, Motels @ Paramount Carowinds, Camping, Copperhead Island Park, link, http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/...rs/Camping.htm (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Activities/Outdoors/Camping.htm) , Bed & Breakfasts are available. Google "Paramount Carowinds Motels", this one of many, http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/carowinds-nc-hotels.html (http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/carowinds-nc-hotels.html), links to motels, maps, etc that are there by several discount on-line travel websites.
*Carowinds Blvd intersects I-77, Exit 90, South Of Charlotte, NC near the NC/SC border. Use Google Earth and www.local.live.com (http://www.local.live.com/) to locate maps, Insert "Paramounts Carowinds".

*LAKE MAPS Go to www.dukepower.com/lakes (http://www.dukepower.com/lakes), left side column click "Facts and Maps", left side column, click "Lake Wylie" and copy access areas (4 pages), right side column, click on "Download Map" and copy entire lake map (2 pages). Once you have downloaded maps and you have any questions as we near the event, pm me your phone# and I will call you to help!
*On the Duke Power, Lake Wylie map, Upper (NC) section MYMC's place is 4 miles past South Point Access Area (on left) in the long cove on the right where the lake forks. On the map it is the long cove west of State Road 1150, off State Road 1155 and 1184.
Buster Boyd Access Area and Copperhead Access Area are the 2 most practical launch ramps for travel by water to MYMC's place from camping and the I-77/Carowinds Blvd motels. Mike says it's a 15-20 minute ride at average speed from these ramps to his place. South Point Access is on the West side of the lake, below Belmont, NC and is about a 7 to 8 minute ride to MYMC's location.

We need to know who will be attending and the NUMBER OF PEOPLE in your party.
Post here on this thread or PM TMCNo1 or Monte with that information.
Please inform us ASAP!

I will update this post as information changes and persons attending notify us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep a check here, thanks!

Those that have notified us that they are attending.
>MYMC (min 5)............................(At his house) Boat?..Yes
>Monte (5)...................................(Renting house)........Yes
>TMCNo1 (5)................................(Renting house).......Yes
>JohnE (2)...................................(Renting house)........Yes
>Skidog (1)..................................(Condo)...... ............Yes
>trickskier (1)..............................(Condo).......... .........No w/Skidog
>Mark Vance (1)...........................(Condo))............ .....No w/Skidog
>Jcrosby150 (1)...........................(Condo)............. ......Yes
>KnoxX2 (2)................................(Renting house)........Yes
>Pilot02 (2).................................(staying)..... ..............Yes
>Hammer (5)..............................(Camping)........ ........Yes
>DougG (5).................................(Renting house)........Yes
>ridesdirt (4)...............................(Local)......... ............Yes
>waketn (2)................................(Local)........ ..............No,
>defender1009 (4).......................(Local)................. ....Yes.
>Shepherd (2).............................(Embassy Suites)......Yes
>D3skier (3)................................(Local)........ .............Yes
>Jesus Freak (3)..........................(Camping)............ ....No
>DBR.(4).....................................(Renti ng house)........Yes
>ShamrockIV (4).........................(Motel)............... ......Yes
>RiverRatsN.LkWylie (8)...............(Local)......................Yes
>riverjunkie (4)...........................(Local)............. .........Yes
>msutoad (6)...............................(staying)....... ...........Yes
>lanier92prostar (2).....................(Camping)................. No
>funtimes (3)...............................(Local)......... ............Yes
>jrandol (1).................................(Camping)..... ...........No
>NU-skier (4)...............................(Local)......... ............Yes
>wakechic2781 (5).......................(Camping)............... .Yes
>90dannyf (4)..............................(Local).......... ...........Yes
>VOLFAN (2)................................(Hotel)........ .............No w/Shamrock
>yellow78mc (3)...........................(Staying)........... ......Yes
>DaveBF200 (3)...........................(Local)............. ........Yes

________________________________________Tentative to date, 25 boats, 106 attendees.

Let's have some fun with our MasterCrafts!!!

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Since the word is already being put out, here goes the thread, I guess I'll start packing now!

Start making plans now to attend!

lanier92prostar
09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Looking at the information, I would be interested. Is the location on Lake Wiley anwhere near Ebeneezer park. If we came, we would be camping and I have camped there before..

JohnE
09-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm in and I can't wait!!!!!

pilot02
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Pilot02 and son will be there again!! :)

Knox's_Better_half
09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Knox X2 and his better half and the gang of 4 kids will be there. And of course we will be bringing the boat. Dont worry, I will be the keeper of the keys!! I wouldn't want the hubby to have a repeat performance!8p 8p :D

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Looking at the information, I would be interested. Is the location on Lake Wiley anwhere near Ebeneezer park. If we came, we would be camping and I have camped there before..

I'm not familar with Eboneezer Park location. MYMC's place is on the North, NC end of the lake. Please just keep us updated with # of people and if your bringing your boat, if you decide to attend.

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Pilot02 and son will be there again!! :)

Bringing boat?

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Knox X2 and his better half and the gang of 4 kids will be there. And of course we will be bringing the boat. Dont worry, I will be the keeper of the keys!! I wouldn't want the hubby to have a repeat performance!8p 8p :D

Bringing boat?

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm in and I can't wait!!!!!

Ah, ya'll want and are craving more Fried Seafood and all them Hushpuppies, eh!:uglyhamme

Knox's_Better_half
09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Bringing boat?
Yes! We will be bringing my X2, it used to be Knox's, but he cant seem to keep up with keys.;) :D

pilot02
09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes! We will be bringing my X2, it used to be Knox's, but he cant seem to keep up with keys.;) :D

OUCH!! :D :D

Isn't it amazing what MM can do to someone... lol

JohnE
09-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Ah, ya'll want and are craving more Fried Seafood and all them Hushpuppies, eh!:uglyhamme

You know it. By May, my arteries should be cleaned out enough for another helping.:D

JohnE
09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Just a quick thanks in advance, to MYMC, Monte72 and TMC#1 for putting this together again.

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
You know it. By May, my arteries should be cleaned out enough for another helping.:D

Can you say RotoRooter?:rolleyes:

trickskier
09-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Just a quick thanks in advance, to MYMC, Monte72 and TMC#1 for putting this together again.
DITTO!!!.............Outstanding Event Last Year!!!............Hopefully, the weather will cooperate this year...............:rolleyes:

Monte
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for getting this thread going Harold!

Looking forward to seeing all you fine folks again, and hopefully meeting some more!

pilot02
09-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Bringing boat?

Most likely will this time... And plan to be there quite a bit earlier than last time... ;)

For those that don't know, we showed up as the barbecue truck was attempting to leave by backing about 2 miles down a winding road with nothing but small driveways and muddy construction sites to attempt to turn around in....

Knox's_Better_half
09-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on places to stay?? Last year Knox was by himself....this year the whole famdamily will be in tow. I want to start looking so that I can start the budget planning. Any comments or suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you....

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on places to stay?? Last year Knox was by himself....this year the whole famdamily will be in tow. I want to start looking so that I can start the budget planning. Any comments or suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you....

Check out Post#1 there is a link to Carowinds Area for motels, B&B across the cove from MYMC's, check with Monte72 or JohnE, Embassy Suites near MYMC's dealership, check with Trickskier.

Knox's_Better_half
09-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks TMCNo1. I look forward to meeting you this spring. I have heard much about you from the hubby.

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks TMCNo1. I look forward to meeting you this spring. I have heard much about you from the hubby.

If I can help more, just hollar! We can't wait to see everyone again!

RexDog1
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I will be there!!!:D I don’t know if it will be 4 people or just me???????:confused:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_116.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

JohnE
09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Just a few thoughts.

Last year some of us posted where we were staying, I thought that was helpful. I'm still working on arrangements but will post it when finalized.

Also some people attended all 4 days, some 3, 2, or 1. I'll be arriving no later than Wed. evening.

Maybe this can go on the first page, or else as a separate link. Any thoughts? It doesn't matter to me, but when I was sorting things out last year, it would have helped make some decisions. And saved me from reading about 100 pages of the thread.:o

Knox's_Better_half
09-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea/plan. Not sure when we will be arriving as of yet.

erkoehler
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea/plan. Not sure when we will be arriving as of yet.

Don't worry you have 6+ months and the birth of another child to go through before CSM so I don't think it is that big of a deal:confused:

6ballsisall
09-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Don't worry you have 6+ months and the birth of another child to go through before CSM so I don't think it is that big of a deal:confused:

You'll understand once you are married w/ kids Erk...... Mommys/Wifes make GREAT planners. ;)

JohnE
09-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Erik,

You're not pregnant, where are you staying and when are you getting there?:D

SkiDog
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I guess I better post something on this thread, so's ya'll will know fer sure that I'm a coming!:D

Knox's_Better_half
09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Iknow I have lots of time, but with the size of this crowd...my family...I need to start thinking and planning now. I have to put money away. Knox says that we are always broke! ;) And to him we are....I am just saving for all the fun things and then surprise him later...Oh ooopps now I have gone and told all his internet friends;) :cool: Besides, I know that he cut his trip short last year for family reasons, I really want to go and have fun this year.

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I will be there!!!:D I don’t know if it will be 4 people or just me???????:confused:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_116.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

Just keep me informed as you make arrangements!

TMCNo1
09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Just a few thoughts.

Last year some of us posted where we were staying, I thought that was helpful. I'm still working on arrangements but will post it when finalized.

Also some people attended all 4 days, some 3, 2, or 1. I'll be arriving no later than Wed. evening.

Maybe this can go on the first page, or else as a separate link. Any thoughts? It doesn't matter to me, but when I was sorting things out last year, it would have helped make some decisions. And saved me from reading about 100 pages of the thread.:o

We are planning on arriving early Thursday morning.

I will update and post on Post#1 where everyone is staying, if they will provide me with the info when they make arrangements.

erkoehler
09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Erik,

You're not pregnant, where are you staying and when are you getting there?:D

Me, I am not going.

LakePirate
09-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Iknow I have lots of time, but with the size of this crowd...my family...I need to start thinking and planning now. I have to put money away. Knox says that we are always broke! ;) And to him we are....I am just saving for all the fun things and then surprise him later...Oh ooopps now I have gone and told all his internet friends;) :cool: Besides, I know that he cut his trip short last year for family reasons, I really want to go and have fun this year.

She said Internet Friends.

Sodar
09-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Where is the nearest commercial airport?

Leah
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it was going to be on Mother's Day again....We'd still be there! I'll try not to screw up Monte's schedule too much this time.....maybe I'll manage to not contract a potential contagious virus and end up in the hospital again on the weekend that Monte wants to escape and have fun! :( :( :(

I doubt we'll bring the spawn of Monte....still too little and that would mean no fun for me!!!!!!

Monte
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Charlotte/ Douglas Int. Airport is only 15-20 miles from Lake Wylie.. If that far..

KnoxX2
09-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it was going to be on Mother's Day again....We'd still be there! I'll try not to screw up Monte's schedule too much this time.....maybe I'll manage to not contract a potential contagious virus and end up in the hospital again on the weekend that Monte wants to escape and have fun! :( :( :(

I doubt we'll bring the spawn of Monte....still too little and that would mean no fun for me!!!!!!

Come on Leah you Can leave the kids with Monte andcome party with us :D

RexDog1
09-19-2007, 11:58 AM

the spawn of Monte....

LOL sounds like a movie
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_137.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

trickskier
09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
You might find a cheaper rate if you fly into Greensboro (GSO) about 110 miles from Charlotte

RexDog1
09-19-2007, 12:01 PM

ROAD TRIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_7_25.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

Sodar
09-19-2007, 12:04 PM
ROAD TRIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_7_25.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

Your boat or mine!?!?!?! :D

Sodar
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
You might find a cheaper rate if you fly into Greensboro (GSO) about 110 miles from Charlotte

It is actually not bad flying into Charlotte. Only about $300. I could fly into Jacksonville and just ride up with you Rick!!! :D :D :D

trickskier
09-19-2007, 12:23 PM
It is actually not bad flying into Charlotte. Only about $300. I could fly into Jacksonville and just ride up with you Rick!!! :D :D :D
You're more than welcome to my friend!

Knox's_Better_half
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it was going to be on Mother's Day again....We'd still be there! I'll try not to screw up Monte's schedule too much this time.....maybe I'll manage to not contract a potential contagious virus and end up in the hospital again on the weekend that Monte wants to escape and have fun!

Mornin' Leah.... your man aint bringin' any of that Liver Mush is he???8p I am still not sure about the little darlings.....but as of this moment in time they will be with us!! Can't find anyone fool enough....or bave enough to keep all of them at one time for days
You know that this whole disease thing really threw a monkey wrench in everyones plans. I know that I would appreciate you being a little more thoughtful;) J/K
I can hardly wait to see you guys there. Maybe you could actually make it over here without coming up with some lame hospital excuse8p
PS is that fat sack comment directed at me???:confused:

Leah
09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
the spawn of Monte....

LOL sounds like a movie
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_137.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

....I can see it now!!!! Introducing the newest in parental terror....the most horrendous hour you have ever seen on TV!!! The one and only...SPAWN OF MONTE!!!!! The seemingly small and innocent children of Monte have been manipulating their parents and slowly driving them MAD!!! First it was midnight diapers and feedings....Now has become expensive video games and worst yet......SLEEPOVERS!!!!!!!!!! Is it really an "F" if he didn't even read the question? How does a two year old actually make a grown man jump at her every whim?!?!?! STAY TUNED!!!!!!:) :D :)

Leah
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Mornin' Leah.... your man aint bringin' any of that Liver Mush is he???8p I am still not sure about the little darlings.....but as of this moment in time they will be with us!! Can't find anyone fool enough....or bave enough to keep all of them at one time for days
You know that this whole disease thing really threw a monkey wrench in everyones plans. I know that I would appreciate you being a little more thoughtful;) J/K
I can hardly wait to see you guys there. Maybe you could actually make it over here without coming up with some lame hospital excuse8p
PS is that fat sack comment directed at me???:confused:

NO!!! the FAT SACK reference is thanks to Monte's over excitment at telling one of his customers that he'd just gotten a great deal on a FAT SACK, and that he'd failed to realize that this customer (not a boating enthusiast) had know idea that the said FS is actually a piece of boating equipment.....and not something oh say.....illegal!

I figured that next time I could perhaps conveniently break something...J/K I haven't been on the water in like 4 weeks!!!!!! I hope that I can get at least one more run in before the end of the season. Just when I was getting to be comfortable on the board and building up the old lady endurance!!!!

Knox's_Better_half
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
:D You Rock!! You are my idol!! One day I hope that maybe I can have surgery and remove the anchor that I have in my arse and actually get up and board. Knox has decided that maybe we should try surfing....all I have to do is just stand there. I asked if it will still float when huge amounts of pressure are applied!!;) :D

Leah
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
How am I STILL a Newbie?!?!?! How many posts do I need?

Leah
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
30? Maybe 40?

Knox's_Better_half
09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I am not sure, but I am a regular8p 8p

RexDog1
09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Good tip when we “men” talk about “Fat Sacks” Don’t do what I did

A friend asks me if I had the “Fat Sacks” in the boat? and I said joking……. "No my wife is not coming with us"…..

This is where the tip comes in………DON”T say this……… at all ………… and when she is standing right next to you…… with your wakeboard in her hands………. She dropped me with one hit :noface:

SkiDog
09-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Me, I am not going.
eric, you have NO idea what you'll be missing!:(

SkiDog
09-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I sure hope I can get 'The Skidog's better half that hates teamtalk' to attend!:D

erkoehler
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
eric, you have NO idea what you'll be missing!:(

I'll see how the off season goes......that is a tough time of the year to break away.

Leah
09-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey K's B 1/2, I was thinking about a commemorative floating key chain for CSM 2008...they are really cheap for 100-200 of them.....That could be Monte and my memorabelia contribution? Any suggestions for wording? Know anyone who might need a few?!?! Think they would go fast? Everyone send your ideas for sayings....colors...etc! I think that it'd be a great keepsake for the weekend!:) :D :) :D

Leah
09-19-2007, 02:16 PM

A friend asks me if I had the “Fat Sacks” in the boat? and I said joking……. "No my wife is not coming with us"…..

This is where the tip comes in………DON”T say this……… at all ………… and when she is standing right next to you…… with your wakeboard in her hands………. She dropped me with one hit :noface:

Stupid-Stupid MAN>>>>>>>>>> BAD-BAD-BAD....
Monte should never, I did have a .396 batting average in high school.....I think a board to the gut wouldn't be to unmanageable!

TMCNo1
09-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I sure hope I can get 'The Skidog's better half that hates teamtalk' to attend!:D

Let me talk to her, I'll have her on her knees begging you to go!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
09-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey K's B 1/2, I was thinking about a commemorative floating key chain for CSM 2008...they are really cheap for 100-200 of them.....That could be Monte and my memorabelia contribution? Any suggestions for wording? Know anyone who might need a few?!?! Think they would go fast? Everyone send your ideas for sayings....colors...etc! I think that it'd be a great keepsake for the weekend!:) :D :) :D

Wording,

Check the gas gauge!

Leah
09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
LOL! LOL! LOL!:purplaugh :uglyhamme

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!....We could make that one for Monte!!!!!

KnoxX2
09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey K's B 1/2, I was thinking about a commemorative floating key chain for CSM 2008...they are really cheap for 100-200 of them.....That could be Monte and my memorabelia contribution? Any suggestions for wording? Know anyone who might need a few?!?! Think they would go fast? Everyone send your ideas for sayings....colors...etc! I think that it'd be a great keepsake for the weekend!

What's that suppose to mean:mad: :D
Was that directed at me :rolleyes:

Leah
09-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Of.....uhm....Course......UHM......not!!!!!

Kyle's_prostar205
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Wording,

Check the gas gauge!
What about this:

Wording,

IS THE PLUG IN????

RexDog1
09-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Stupid-Stupid MAN>>>>>>>>>> BAD-BAD-BAD....
Monte should never, I did have a .396 batting average in high school.....I think a board to the gut wouldn't be to unmanageable!

Yes you are right!!!! Not too smart, http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)
I always go for the joke before I think……and she must have when she married me :(

trickskier
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM

That sounds like something I would or have said when I was younger......
LESSON LEARNED!!!

JohnE
09-19-2007, 05:30 PM
It is actually not bad flying into Charlotte. Only about $300.

Charlotte airport as Monte said is very close. If I weren't bringing the boat, I'd be flying in. You should seriously consider coming.

Sodar
09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Charlotte airport as Monte said is very close. If I weren't bringing the boat, I'd be flying in. You should seriously consider coming.
Tenatively booked! I would leave here at 7:30pm on April 30th and arriving in Charlotte on May 1st at 8am and then leave Charlotte at 4pm on Sunday. Sounds like a good deal to me!! :D

M-Funf
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Tenatively booked! I would leave here at 7:30pm on April 30th and arriving in Charlotte on May 1st at 8am and then leave Charlotte at 4pm on Sunday. Sounds like a good deal to me!! :D

Sodar,
Which airline were you looking at? The cheapest flight I found is $488 (US Airways) out of SFO to CLT.
Is it that much more expensive from up here???

TMCNo1
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
What about this:

Wording,

IS THE PLUG IN????

Monte72 and Trickskier ran out of gas last year and they had their plugs in, so the boats didn't sink, but the boats didn't have anything to drink!

Kyle's_prostar205
09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Monte72 and Trickskier ran out of gas last year and they had their plugs in, so the boats didn't sink, but the boats didn't have anything to drink!
HAHA! Thats preety funny! I just know from my own past "newbie" expierence that the question about the plug is always asked once the boat is off the trailer and we are well on our way to start havig fun! I like your idea though TMC.

Sodar
09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Sodar,
Which airline were you looking at? The cheapest flight I found is $488 (US Airways) out of SFO to CLT.
Is it that much more expensive from up here???

It was through Delta. I did not do a direct flight... it was a 1-stop.

Try-out SuperSearch on Travelzoo.com

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
You could hire me to appear in the super hero outfit for the event, but I am expensive. Mag pays BIG bucks to get me to attend Mag Mania!:D

JohnE
09-19-2007, 08:11 PM

I'll be there no later than Wed. afternoon. Call me when you arrive.:cool:

JohnE
09-19-2007, 08:14 PM
You could hire me to appear in the super hero outfit for the event, but I am expensive. Mag pays BIG bucks to get me to attend Mag Mania!:D

Just name your price!

Harold's buying.:D 8p

trickskier
09-19-2007, 08:25 PM
OK, I'll DOUBLE what Mag's been pay you................$2 Dollars.............:D

TMCNo1
09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
OK, I'll DOUBLE what Mag's been pay you................$2 Dollars.............:D

And I'll throw in a 10lb bucket of frozen Chitterlings!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/nahnah.gif

Hammer
09-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Checked your Battery?

At least in my case anyway.

JohnE
09-19-2007, 08:50 PM
And I'll throw in a 10lb bucket of frozen Chitterlings!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/nahnah.gif

Don't forget all the hushpuppies he can eat.:D

Hammer
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh, and we are planning to attend. Thinking about camping at the lake/park. Should be the five of us and the boat. AND for all days!!! No way am I going to miss out on all the fun again.

Hammer
09-19-2007, 08:54 PM

If someone has a deep friier I'll make some homemade Puppies. My grandfathers recipe.

trickskier
09-19-2007, 08:56 PM
And Grits with red-eyed gravy!!!

trickskier
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I'll be there no later than Wed. afternoon. Call me when you arrive.:cool:
Craving those hush puppies John???

Knox's_Better_half
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Checked your Battery?

At least in my case anyway.
I always carry a jump start in the boat...However there was this one time.....Knox in all his infinite wisdom left it on the houseboat. We were stuck in the middle of the lake about a mile out....Knox and 3 kids and his buddies from CA had to swim it back to the house boat! There is so much more to this story..........Maybe the wording should be....
IS YOUR BOAT IN NEUTRAL?????:rolleyes:

trickskier
09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Maybe the wording should be....
IS YOUR BOAT IN NEUTRAL?????:rolleyes:

And where are his KEYS???

TMCNo1
09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
And where are his KEYS???

I can see it now, next time out, keys on a float, in a ZipLock bag, in a garbage bag, in a dry suit, life perserver on the outside and hooked to the kill switch with a chain!

Knox's_Better_half
09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I can see it now, next time out, keys on a float, in a ZipLock bag, in a garbage bag, in a dry suit, life perserver on the outside and hooked to the kill switch with a chain!
LMAO.....But you are missing the (pardon the pun) KEY point in this.....The bote still has got to be in Neutral to start it!!!!!!!!8p 8p :D

Lennyp04
09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Somebody please convince my dad to go!!! Yeah i want to go so bad but my father doesnt want to make the drive. That and he wants to put the boat in our lake around then. Ill keep trying and let u guys know!

JohnE
09-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Craving those hush puppies John???

Nothing makes a cold beer taste better than preceeding it with a hushpuppy.;)

JohnE
09-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Somebody please convince my dad to go!!! Yeah i want to go so bad but my father doesnt want to make the drive. That and he wants to put the boat in our lake around then. Ill keep trying and let u guys know!

Lenny, keep working on your dad. I was hesitant about going last year just because of the time I needed to take off work (long story). But it was as much fun as I ever had. And I met so many great people.

Monte
09-20-2007, 09:05 AM
And Grits with red-eyed gravy!!!

Don't forget the livermush;)

trickskier
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Don't forget the livermush;)
YUM YUM............Stop it I'm SALIVATING...................:D

Monte
09-20-2007, 09:37 AM
YUM YUM............Stop it I'm SALIVATING...................:D

So is Knox X2 he LOVES the stuff!:rolleyes:

Monte
09-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Looking forward to having cake too, Trick!! What kind of cake are we going to have??

trickskier
09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Looking forward to having cake too, Trick!! What kind of cake are we going to have??
Devils Food.............What else would you expect from me???

Monte
09-20-2007, 09:47 AM

Some form of cutty cake??

Devils food sounds Great!!! I'll even buy the candles;) How many??

trickskier
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Some form of cutty cake??

Devils food sounds Great!!! I'll even buy the candles;) How many??
I don't think that would be good..........However, this cake recipe made with Cheerwine sound pretty good!!!

CheerDevil Cake

It’s Cheerwine. It’s Devil’s Food. And it’s the best cake you’ll ever have.

For the cake, you will need:

1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 Cup Cheerwine
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract

Prepare cake mix as directed on package, except substitute 1 cup of Cheerwine Soft Drink for the water. Add almond extract. Pour into 9x13 greased and floured pan. Bake as directed.

Frost with Cheerwine icing:

1/3 Cup Cheerwine Soft Drink
2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Margarine
1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1 Cup Chopped Nuts

Heat Cheerwine, margarine and cocoa together until mixture comes to a boil. Pour mixture over powdered sugar and blend until smooth. Stir Almond extract. Mix in chopped nuts. Cool slightly. Spread over cake.

Leah
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
How Cute!!!!!!!!!

They are sharing recipes!!!!!!:D

trickskier
09-20-2007, 10:26 AM
How Cute!!!!!!!!!

E-Z there Leah..................I'm a GOOD cook!!! :D

Leroy
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Carmel to Charlotte 9 hours.... would be great to go.

Monte
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
How Cute!!!!!!!!!

Are you taking notes? Do you REALLY want me attempting to make a cake??? I do well to follow the directions on the back of the hamburger helper box;)

RexDog1
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
How Cute!!!!!!!!!

Lean
Except them…….. and there life style, as long as there happy………….:rolleyes:

Monte
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM

C'mon Leroy! Make a week out of it!:cool:

Leah
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Bring it on kitchen man!!!!!! J/K......Seriously....I've got a couple of others you might be interested in!!!!! Sundrop cake...Mountain Dew cake.....etc.!!!:D 8p

trickskier
09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Bring it on Leroy.............We'll give you plenty of our Southern Hospitality!!! :D

Leah
09-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Are you taking notes? Do you REALLY want me attempting to make a cake??? I do well to follow the directions on the back of the hamburger helper box;)

Oh yeah......I'm having flashbacks to your "oyster and cheese" uhm......"casserole"??????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Monte
09-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Oh yeah......I'm having flashbacks to your "oyster and cheese" uhm......"casserole"??????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Excuse me, I believe there was Okra involved in that too;)

Knox's_Better_half
09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
So is Knox X2 he LOVES the stuff!:rolleyes:
Do you even know what is in that stuff?? I do, Leah told me! Aint no way!!!:eek: And if you can get Knox to eat it.....well, good luck!:rolleyes:

Doug G
09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
We're in. Since the extractor version of the X-30 won't be joining us , guess i'll have to drag the boat again... :D

This year I want some gator Pi$$ !

Way to dayumm early to say how many and where we are staying but we will be there.

Cameron you gotta come ... [bill murray voice] I wanna party with you dude.

trickskier
09-20-2007, 10:42 AM
This year I want some gator Pi$$ !
I will have plenty...................27720

Knox's_Better_half
09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
How Cute!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!! Who knew that this would become a forum for swapping recipes. Dont expect that Knox can contribute many. In 9 years I have only seen him cook omlettes and pancakes!:o

trickskier
09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh yeah......I'm having flashbacks to your "oyster and cheese" uhm......"casserole"??????:eek: :eek:
Oh, this is getting GOOD!!! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Monte
09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Do you even know what is in that stuff?? I do, Leah told me! Aint no way!!!:eek: And if you can get Knox to eat it.....well, good luck!:rolleyes:

He told me in a secret conference that he really was a closet Livermush coneseur (sp?);)

Knox's_Better_half
09-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah......I'm having flashbacks to your "oyster and cheese" uhm......"casserole"??????:eek: :eek:
Did you really try and eat that?? Sounds...uhm....well...and there was okra??......I am sure that it was tasty :eek: ;)

Knox's_Better_half
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
He told me in a secret conference that he really was a closet Livermush coneseur (sp?);)
Well, there you have it.....he only came out of the closet for you:D :D

Monte
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Did you really try and eat that?? Sounds...uhm....well...and there was okra??......I am sure that it was tasty :eek: ;)

It was GREAT!!!;) Leah wouldn't try any:(

Leah
09-20-2007, 10:48 AM

No.....I cringed in a half fetal-gagging-crawl while I watched him devour his "Special Recipe":eek3:

Knox's_Better_half
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
No.....I cringed in a half fetal-gagging-crawl while I watched him devour his "Special Recipe":eek3:
Cant stop laughing....Do you know that it is not good for a pregnant woman to laugh that hard.......Leads to incontinence:o :o

Leroy
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm from East TN so I'm in there with ya'all!

All this food talk is making me hungary...

Bring it on Leroy.............We'll give you plenty of our Southern Hospitality!!! :D

Knox's_Better_half
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I heard the wings that you did up at MMIII were pretty darn tasty. :cool: Glad that the hubby got to eat some. Maybe I will at CSM. A Cutty Cake......Not sure that Trick would part with it to put it in a cake;)

Leah
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Anyone interested in the Victorian again!?!?!?! Ha!!!! We could rent the whole place out and show em' what a good ole southern show down is really like!!!

RexDog1
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
This is the last thing I cooked ………enjoy!!!!!:D

First, you boil water. Next you take a top Ramen package and breaking it into quarters. Next you take a large measuring bowl and put the top Ramen into the bowl and carefully pour the boiling water in without letting its splash and burn yourself. Believe me you want to be careful pouring it and that is no secret.
Next, you pour the teriyaki sauce into the bowl with the water and mix it around and do then you let the top Ramen soak for four minutes. After four minutes, next, pour the water out.
Then, sprinkle the noodles with seasoning salt and one quarter of the flavor package, which came with the top Ramen noodles. This means you will cut back on your MSG, because I think there is lots of that stuff in there. Then pour some more water in it to make it soupy. You then must wait for a few minutes before you eat it because it will be very hot., I know you will love it too.

trickskier
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm from East TN so I'm in there with ya'all!

All this food talk is making me hungary...
Well then you can help spread our Warm Hospitality to all of our Northern TT friends that attend!!!

Monte
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
This is the last thing I cooked ………enjoy!!!!!:D

First, you boil water. Next you take a top Ramen package and breaking it into quarters. Next you take a large measuring bowl and put the top Ramen into the bowl and carefully pour the boiling water in without letting its splash and burn yourself. Believe me you want to be careful pouring it and that is no secret.
Next, you pour the teriyaki sauce into the bowl with the water and mix it around and do then you let the top Ramen soak for four minutes. After four minutes, next, pour the water out.
Then, sprinkle the noodles with seasoning salt and one quarter of the flavor package, which came with the top Ramen noodles. This means you will cut back on your MSG, because I think there is lots of that stuff in there. Then pour some more water in it to make it soupy. You then must wait for a few minutes before you eat it because it will be very hot., I know you will love it too.

Good recipe Jon! Top Ramen is quite the delicacy around my house.. Especially late night!

Sodar
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Good recipe Jon! Top Ramen is quite the delicacy around my house.. Especially late night!

Top Ramen got me through school! Top Ramen, Easy Mac and the girls that lived above me... gotta love college girls that are actually excited to cook you dinner!! :)

erkoehler
09-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Is it me, or is it hard to keep up with this thread? I swear it is busier here than it was on the MMIII thread!

Monte
09-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Top Ramen got me through school! Top Ramen, Easy Mac and the girls that lived above me... gotta love college girls that are actually excited to cook you dinner!! :)

The one that loved me made me eat vegitarian:o Who am I to complain... At least I got to eat.. Eventually she changed her ways..:rolleyes: Thank goodness! One more eggplant or Portabello burger and I may have turned into one:o

Monte
09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Is it me, or is it hard to keep up with this thread? I swear it is busier here than it was on the MMIII thread!

Go ahead and book your tickets Erk! You won't even have to bring a bote;)

TMCNo1
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Red Velvet w/Creame Cheese Icing.

Dont forget the Chili Dogs, Pickled Boiled Eggs, Chips, Sundrop Slushie @ Harbortowne Marina, and GASOLINE.:uglyhamme

Trickskier, I just talked to the owners of the marina and he said he may have a Cheerwine Slushie machine by Spring too, because Cheerwine Slushies are really catching on up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TMCNo1
09-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Brought yourself bad self on down, we will need a moderator (POLICE) for the weekend!:rolleyes:

Leah
09-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Poor Mrs Harold:( :eek: :firejump:

JohnE
09-20-2007, 01:20 PM

I threw out a thought like that last year and got talked into going..........

Can't wait to meet you Leroy.;)

JohnE
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Last year the thread was about 3 months old when I jumped in and it was about the same length as it is now. And it's only 3 days old.

Leah
09-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Who'll be jonesen' the hardest by the time May actually gets here?!?!?

Monte
09-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Who'll be jonesen' the hardest by the time May actually gets here?!?!?

Probably JohnE since the lakes are probably beginning to freeze like right now!

trickskier
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
And you probably thought Southerners were SLOW................:rolleyes:

JohnE
09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Probably JohnE since the lakes are probably beginning to freeze like right now!

Not yet. It's actually going to be in the 80's for the next few days. But boating is pretty much over come the beginning of Oct. I agree, I will be the one jonesin' the most.

shepherd
09-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow, I've been gone for a week and there's over 3,000 new posts!

I'm not sure I can justify making the long trip again (10+ hours) unless I was buying another boat! ;)

Monte
09-21-2007, 12:00 PM

I'm not sure I can justify making the long trip again (10+ hours) unless I was buying another boat! ;)

Go for it Shep! It's only money;)

Why drive? you and the Mrs. could fly in.

Leroy
09-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I can't believe I missed MM this year. Talking with Harold earlier this week and he was making it sound great also :)

I threw out a thought like that last year and got talked into going..........

Can't wait to meet you Leroy.;)

trickskier
09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Shep the 10+ hours wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't had the rain all day Saturday.

Monte
09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Shep the 10+ hours wouldn't have been so bad if hadn't had the rain all day Saturday.

What really hurt him was the "rain" inside the tent:rolleyes:

trickskier
09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
LOL.............Yeah, I saw a lot of people moving their seats around to aviod that moving leak in the tent...............;)

JohnE
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM

If you must, I'm sure Mike will sell you another boat!:D

Seriously, it is worth the trip. I'd suggest flying in, but I know you are a long way from an airport even. I'm driving 14, 10 is a cakewalk.

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 08:11 PM

BTW, who got my water gun? Nevermind, I've got 3 more for '08 at Dollar Tree! Darn drunk cowboys!:D

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 08:16 PM

That won't flush Shep, we've made the 12 hour, NC to FL trip 13 times in 18 years, 12 towing the boat! Come on, you can do it!

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 08:18 PM
JohnE, did you get my RAMP pm?????

JohnE
09-21-2007, 09:46 PM
JohnE, did you get my RAMP pm?????

Sure did, so the perfect plan has gotten even better!! PM back at ya.

Monte
09-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Sure did, so the perfect plan has gotten even better!! PM back at ya.

What the heck is up with all these secrets?????

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 10:28 PM

We're practicing the double nought spy theory, rather than being SuperHero's. Austin Martins, nice boats, secret weapons and beautiful women go for Bond, James Bond types too, dontchano!:D

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Being I'm 005 and JohnE is 008, it's time you got your number or you'll be left at the castle in France with the weapons inventers and a bunch of retired hookers!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdthums.gif

Monte
09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
We're practicing the double nought spy theory, rather than being SuperHero's. Austin Martins, nice boats, secret weapons and beautiful women go for Bond, James Bond types too, dontchano!:D

The eagle has landed on the southeast corner of the northwest most part of the equator:confused: :D

Monte
09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Being I'm 005 and JohnE is 008, it's time you got your number or you'll be left at the castle in France with the weapons inventers and a bunch of retired hookers!http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdthums.gif

how about 072???????????;) :D

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 11:02 PM
The eagle has landed on the southeast corner of the northwest most part of the equator:confused: :D

You don't think Mastercraft R & D is just for building prototype boats, do you?
Digital dash dispays are actually Tazers, exhaust outlets are torpedo launchers, towers are communication structures, tower speakers and lights are lazer weapons, water pump impellers are also steel cutters and the list goes on and on. The MetalFlake Peacock is a worldwide menace and has to be stopped before CSM '08!

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
how about 072???????????;) :D

Those old hookers will be glad your now out in the field!

SkiDog
09-21-2007, 11:16 PM
You don't think Mastercraft R & D is just for building prototype boats, do you?
Digital dash dispays are actually Tazers, exhaust outlets are torpedo launchers, towers are communication structures, tower speakers and lights are lazer weapons, water pump impellers are also steel cutters and the list goes on and on. The MetalFlake Peacock is a worldwide menace and has to be stopped before CSM '08!

He will NEVER be stoped! Death to you all!:D :D

Monte
09-21-2007, 11:18 PM
He will NEVER be stoped! Death to you all!:D :D

Nonsense! I have the secret weapon.. Pickled eggs!!

TMCNo1
09-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Nonsense! I have the secret weapon.. Pickled eggs!!

And I have the launcher!!!!!!!

Monte
09-21-2007, 11:42 PM
And I have the launcher!!!!!!!

That's a great idea Harold er #1 er I mean Number 008 thats what wee need at CSM 08 a pickled egg launcher;) Not the natural kind. the PVC kind;)

JohnE
09-22-2007, 08:14 AM

If we tell you, we'll have to kill you.;)

shepherd
09-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Shep the 10+ hours wouldn't have been so bad if hadn't had the rain all day Saturday.

Yeah, I could probably justify it since we had so much fun last time. I'd just have to convince my wife to do it again. If I go, I want to bring my boat and my driver. While there'll be dozens of other boats there, I don't want to be sitting on the dock wishing I had mine with me.

It was a shame about the rain on Saturday, but the weather was beautiful on Friday for us early arrivers! Hopefully next year will be like that all weekend long.

Monte
09-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I could probably justify it since we had so much fun last time. I'd just have to convince my wife to do it again. If I go, I want to bring my boat and my driver. While there'll be dozens of other boats there, I don't want to be sitting on the dock wishing I had mine with me.

It was a shame about the rain on Saturday, but the weather was beautiful on Friday for us early arrivers! Hopefully next year will be like that all weekend long.

We are planning on arriving early Thursday morning Shep. That way we'll have all day Thursday too just in case..;)

TMCNo1
09-22-2007, 03:19 PM
We are planning on arriving early Thursday morning Shep. That way we'll have all day Thursday too just in case..;)

We'll need a little time to relax and prepare ahead for the fun!:rolleyes:

JohnE
09-22-2007, 10:02 PM

Shep,

I feel the same way, which is why I'm bringing my boat. But if you wanted to leave yours home, or fly in, or whatever, there's always room for you and Laura on our boat. And I'm looking forward to skiing the course this year. Last year with picking up the boat, the rain, a hangover, etc. I didn't get to ski much. Hope you decide to come.

shepherd
09-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks John. It's a bit early to commit right now, but I know it will be a great time. Probably better because the weather will be nicer and more people will hopefully show up after all the publicity from the last one.

An early Thursday arrival would be best to take advantage of the quiet waters for slalom skiing on Thurs and Fri. Hopefully a course will be available.

Who's designing next year's shirt? ;) I'm wearing my '07 CSM shirt right now.

KnoxX2
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Think Skidogs got that under control.

trickskier
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I believe it's going to be a peacock wearing a Florida Gator Hat!!! ;)

Knox's_Better_half
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
ooohhh ooohh, I want one!! And this year I will be able to fit in a normal size!! Not the 4XL like I need now......PS>>>>>only at the max 4weeks till new baby Knox arrives!! YEAH!!

trickskier
09-24-2007, 12:26 PM
ooohhh ooohh, I want one!! And this year I will be able to fit in a normal size!! Not the 4XL like I need now......PS>>>>>only at the max 4weeks till new baby Knox arrives!! YEAH!!
Going to have a Halloween Baby???

Leah
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Should we start a pool on how big that youngin is gonna be or perhaps to see if K's better 1/2 allows Knox to put him on the X2 before the end of the season?!?!?

SkiDog
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Think Skidogs got that under control.

I'll be glad to do it if it's OK with everybody else.
And Tricky, if the peacock has ANYTHING to do with a Gator's hat, it will be that he's using it for a TOILET!:D

KnoxX2
09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Should we start a pool on how big that youngin is gonna be or perhaps to see if K's better 1/2 allows Knox to put him on the X2 before the end of the season?!?!?

We had my son out after he was born at 1 month old :D

Leah
09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
It WILL be November almost December at one month old ya' know...I don't think they make dry suits for newborns????????

KnoxX2
09-24-2007, 01:24 PM
No but they make heaters:D

JohnE
09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll be glad to do it if it's OK with everybody else.

I'll help ya if that's OK. I have a few idea's/ thoughts.

Kathi G
09-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone - I am so glade to hear we are going to do this again in the spring!

Burt - this will give you plently of time to invite Kevin , no excusses.

TMCNo1
09-24-2007, 08:02 PM

Oh boy, I've got a few, but,-------------http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdclown.gif ---------they would hit the fan!

trickskier
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Oh boy, I've got a few, but,-------------http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdclown.gif ---------they would hit the fan!
Just make sure I'm upwind of the fan.....................8p

ridesdirt
09-24-2007, 10:53 PM
I'll check it out.

1 boat and 3 or 4 people.

TMCNo1
09-25-2007, 07:26 AM
I'll check it out.

Got ya down, later let us know if your local or where you will be staying!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Monte
09-25-2007, 08:57 AM
I'll check it out.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Monte
09-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Burt - this will give you plently of time to invite Kevin , no excusses.

I'll have my people talk to his people;) 8p

SkiDog
09-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Sure, put them on paper and send them to me. I came up with an idea that I think is pretty cool, using the numerials 08. I'll try and use one of these fancy new programs on this new computer and draw what I'm talking bout.

drbesvold1
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
stupid question but i just got back off of active duty but whats this csm 08?

TMCNo1
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
stupid question but i just got back off of active duty but whats this csm 08?

It started with this thread last year as Carolina Spring Madness, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13878

and will be held again this year as Carolina Spring Madness '08, as described in Post #1 in this thread that you have just posted in.

Try to attend if you can.

ridesdirt
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
TMCNo1, I am local. I don't live on Lake Wylie but my boat does.

Still saving up for that lake lot! Hate to say it, but the X-Star put a dent in the fund! lol

TMCNo1
09-26-2007, 07:21 AM
TMCNo1, I am local. I don't live on Lake Wylie but my boat does.

Still saving up for that lake lot! Hate to say it, but the X-Star put a dent in the fund! lol

Got you updated!

Kathi G
09-26-2007, 08:36 PM
I'll have my people talk to his people;) 8p

You are the bestestest!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathi G
09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
It started with this thread last year as Carolina Spring Madness, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13878

and will be held again this year as Carolina Spring Madness '08, as described in Post #1 in this thread that you have just posted in.

Try to attend if you can.

TMC - to MRS TMC - nice avatar ware that suit to the party. ;) (((((hugs MRS TMC))))) Can't wait to see you , really enjoyed your company. :)

drbesvold1
09-27-2007, 12:12 AM
whos setting up csm to get ahold of to get info ?

Monte
09-27-2007, 12:29 AM

The first page of this thread has all the info you need.. Just click my signature to get there. Just post the number of people you are bringing and whether or not you are bringing your boat here. Tmc#1 will add it to the attendees list. If you need further info feel free to PM me or #1 any time.

TMCNo1
09-27-2007, 09:24 AM

I put you down per your pm, thanks and look forward to seeing ya'll!

lanier92prostar
09-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I noticed on the official site that a couple of you are camping. I am familiar with Ebeneezer park, but it is on the SC side of the lake. I have a large 5th wheel and I am curious as to where you are camping and if these campgrounds can accomodate my rig.

drbesvold1
09-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I noticed on the official site that a couple of you are camping. I am familiar with Ebeneezer park, but it is on the SC side of the lake. I have a large 5th wheel and I am curious as to where you are camping and if these campgrounds can accomodate my rig. LANIER
this will be my first time going to this kind of event and to that area i have no idea yet where the camp grounds are at ill be tenting if im going by myself if i go with some ppl ill be getting a motel sorry i couldnt help u out

TMCNo1
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
I noticed on the official site that a couple of you are camping. I am familiar with Ebeneezer park, but it is on the SC side of the lake. I have a large 5th wheel and I am curious as to where you are camping and if these campgrounds can accomodate my rig.

This link is in Post #1 about camping,http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Activities/Outdoors/Camping.htm at Copperhead Island Campground and Access Area.
I found Ebeneser Access Area (Park/Campground?) and it is in the Southernmost part of Lake Wiley in South Carolina, on the opposite end of the lake from MYMC's place. You can check with the York County, SC Recreation Department on the particulars, but Copperhead Island Campgounds is in the middle of Lake Wiley 1/2 the distance to MYMC's.

This link in Post #1 will show you on the maps where Ebenezer Access Area is, http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/facts-and-maps/lake-wylie.asp

TMCNo1
09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
LANIER
this will be my first time going to this kind of event and to that area i have no idea yet where the camp grounds are at ill be tenting if im going by myself if i go with some ppl ill be getting a motel sorry i couldnt help u out

Post #1 has a link to Carowinds and the links inside will take you to the motels at I-77 and Carowinds Blvd.

lanier92prostar
09-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the information. I will have to do some research on the campgrounds. I have a 37 foot 5th wheel so I need to make sure it fits at some of the smaller campgrounds. By the way, nice avatar!

Hammer
09-28-2007, 12:19 AM

We have a 5er that we are planning to bring down. Though it is much smaller, only 30. I am going to try for copperhead, much closer to the festivities. Less strugle to get the kids back for bedtime and such.

lanier92prostar
09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
What type of hookups do they have at Copperhead?

TMCNo1
09-28-2007, 07:27 AM

I don't know. You can check the link, it may be there, http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Activities/Outdoors/Camping.htm

Hammer
09-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Never been there myself, but it looks like just power and water. It shows a dump station on the map.

WTRSK1R
10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Since the word is already being put out, here goes the thread, I guess I'll start packing now!

Start making plans now to attend!

Harold,
For those of us in the North, what are the water and air temps like at that time of the year. I am trying to talk my better half into heading down in May and that might help convince her.

Thanks,

Steve

TMCNo1
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Harold,
For those of us in the North, what are the water and air temps like at that time of the year. I am trying to talk my better half into heading down in May and that might help convince her.

Thanks,

Steve

Air temps last year the 2nd week in May was 80 to 82 with water temps around 65 to 68 degrees IIRC, and '08 will be a week earlier, so not much difference. Plenty hot to get a good sunburn, yet shorty wetsuits were pretty much the norm except for the brave soul here and there when in the water. I know sitting on the platform with my feet/legs in the water was a chilling treat, but got over it quick, if that helps.
Come on down, you'll enjoy it!

WTRSK1R
10-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the info. The water here is down toward the mid to low 60's right now, and so far, I have not broken out the wetsuit. Last Friday morning, the air was 47 with 63 degree water, and I was wishing I had it with me, but it was hanging in the garage. I hate this time of year.:(

Monte
10-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Air temps last year the 2nd week in May was 80 to 82 with water temps around 65 to 68 degrees IIRC, and '08 will be a week earlier, so not much difference. Plenty hot to get a good sunburn, yet shorty wetsuits were pretty much the norm except for the brave soul here and there when in the water. I know sitting on the platform with my feet/legs in the water was a chilling treat, but got over it quick, if that helps.
Come on down, you'll enjoy it!

Adding just a little to Harold's post the water was a little warmer than that down stream from the reactors.. Lake Wylie is a nuclear power lake and the water is pumped in to cool the reactors, then pumped out. there were some places that mid seventies temp H2O was abundant..

Hey this extra arm seems to come in handy too;) I jest... I jest....:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Adding just a little to Harold's post the water was a little warmer than that down stream from the reactors.. Lake Wylie is a nuclear power lake and the water is pumped in to cool the reactors, then pumped out. there were some places that mid seventies temp H2O was abundant..

Hey this extra arm seems to come in handy too;) I jest... I jest....:rolleyes:

So, that's why you ran out of gas!
You thought after a couple days of your boat being in the water it would run off of nuclear fusion! http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/bottle.gif

Monte
10-02-2007, 10:03 AM
So, that's why you ran out of gas!
You thought after a couple days of your boat being in the water it would run off of nuclear fusion! http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/bottle.gif

EXACTLY! Too bad that pickled eggs reverse the effects of nuclear fusion.. Who knew???:confused:

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 10:12 AM
EXACTLY! Too bad that pickled eggs reverse the effects of nuclear fusion.. Who knew???:confused:

Plenty gas, but not enough heat to make steam!:rolleyes:

Monte
10-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know Harold, I saw the water bubbling around you when you jumped in.....

JohnE
10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Harold,

Thanks,

Steve

Air temp was mid 80's, maybe high 80's one day. It was nice and hot for us northerners. And my boat read 73 degree water temp consistently. No wetsuit required at all. Come on down. It makes a nice vacation for us. Gets summer started much earlier.

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't know Harold, I saw the water bubbling around you when you jumped in.....

Was I busting the bubbles with my nose?:rolleyes: :D

People kept telling me to cut the engine off and it wasn't even running!

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Air temp was mid 80's, maybe high 80's one day. It was nice and hot for us northerners. And my boat read 73 degree water temp consistently. No wetsuit required at all. Come on down. It makes a nice vacation for us. Gets summer started much earlier.

You must have been following me around all day! OH what a relief it is!

trickskier
10-02-2007, 12:08 PM
People kept telling me to cut the engine off and it wasn't even running!
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 12:59 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Yea, blub bla blub, blub bla blub bla blub, blub bla blub........................:D

trickskier
10-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Yea, blub bla blub, blub bla blub bla blub, blub bla blub........................:D
Is that a dual, single, or DUEL exhaust??? 8p

Sodar
10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Brings a whole new thought the the word "anal"! :D

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Is that a dual, single, or DUEL exhaust??? 8p

Boy, that's a tough one! Straight pipes and no flapper!:D

JoshBuzz
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
don't hold me to it, but we might possibly try and make the drive out with the Maristar pending upholstery restoration, etc!! I'd really like to try and get out and meet everyone, and meeting meghan major would be nice to

:D

TMCNo1
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
don't hold me to it, but we might possibly try and make the drive out with the Maristar pending upholstery restoration, etc!! I'd really like to try and get out and meet everyone, and meeting meghan major would be nice to

:D

Just let me know if it works out and I'll add you to the list of attendees.

shepherd
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I mentioned to my wife yesterday that you guys were planning CSM '08.
No response yet... :rolleyes:

JohnE
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM

If we talked you into coming in just a few weeks last year, we can certainly do it this time in 7 months.:)

sunsational
10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Please post us as tenative, more than likely with a X9. My wife, son (8) and myself for a total of 3 people. We look forward to meeting everyone. Trick - we'll pull you on your old boom if you want. Can't wait! :woohoo:

drbesvold1
10-02-2007, 10:42 PM
how is the depth of lake wiley? i know the lakes up here in minnesota and wisconsin are super low

Monte
10-02-2007, 11:01 PM
how is the depth of lake wiley? i know the lakes up here in minnesota and wisconsin are super low

It is way down right now.. About eight feet down.. Pray for rain! Surely seven by months from now we can get the depth back:)

drbesvold1
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
is there a back up plan if the lake is to low for the boats?

shepherd
10-02-2007, 11:08 PM

CSM '09? :o

Monte
10-02-2007, 11:12 PM

Worst case scenario I'm sure we could have it on my home lake about 20 miles from Wylie, but I doubt we'll have to resort to that... It will be fine.. The river that feeds Wylie has plenty of mountain streams to feed it.. especially over the winter.

Monte
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM

Well be fine... We'll get some rain... We have seven months and a long river with lots of feeder streams to get us back to normal!!

shepherd
10-02-2007, 11:18 PM
If we talked you into coming in just a few weeks last year, we can certainly do it this time in 7 months.:)

Hi John. The only talking required last time was when Mike said "OK" to my offer to buy his 35th PS197. Now, if he has a 40th anniversary for sale come next April..... wait, what am I saying!?!?

drbesvold1
10-02-2007, 11:24 PM
ok good cause im putting about $4000 into my boat and want to get some good skiing in

Monte
10-02-2007, 11:38 PM
We will have runs galore and a good time to boot!!

Leroy
10-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Shep; You have more than one lake around there right?

Hard to believe 8 months away!

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Please post us as tenative, more than likely with a X9. My wife, son (8) and myself for a total of 3 people. We look forward to meeting everyone. Trick - we'll pull you on your old boom if you want. Can't wait! :woohoo:

Got you listed! Look forward to meeting everyone!

shepherd
10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Shep; You have more than one lake around there right?

We have a couple, but not many. Mostly salt water around here. It's kind of ironic that we bought a house on the saltwater Bay, but I have to tow my boat 15 miles to the lake to use it. :noface:

JohnE
10-03-2007, 07:40 AM
ok good cause im putting about $4000 into my boat and want to get some good skiing in

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your boat. Good luck with the winter project.

JohnE
10-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi John. The only talking required last time was when Mike said "OK" to my offer to buy his 35th PS197. Now, if he has a 40th anniversary for sale come next April..... wait, what am I saying!?!?

So there was no incentive just to meet all us teamtalkers!?:o

I was ready to have Mike ship my boat but decided to drive down just to meet "y'all".:)

What a mistake.......................:D

TMCNo1
10-03-2007, 07:48 AM
So there was no incentive just to meet all us teamtalkers!?:o

I was ready to have Mike ship my boat but decided to drive down just to meet "y'all".:)

What a mistake.......................:D

Ya just got hooked on hushpuppies, didn't ya!:D

shepherd
10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Yummmmm, hush puppies... And fried catfish!

But actually, I just came for the beer.

trickskier
10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Come on Shep, you've gotta make the trip!!!

shepherd
10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks trick! It would be great to hang out with you guys again.

Like John said, I've got 7 months to work on the wife! If I come, I'm bringing the boat.

TMCNo1
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
We would all love to see, visit, BS and laugh with you and Laura again. If you need help convincing her it would be a good idea, just hollar!

Monte
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
It's raining like crazy right now! looks like we're on the recovery trail for wylie to be at full pond in time for CSM!!!

TMCNo1
10-05-2007, 07:09 AM
It's raining like crazy right now! looks like we're on the recovery trail for wylie to be at full pond in time for CSM!!!

Somebody must be standing over you pouring a bucket of water! Wed. night it rained here like crazy, we got .1"

Monte
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Somebody must be standing over you pouring a bucket of water! Wed. night it rained here like crazy, we got .1"

I blame skidog and trickskier:mad:;) :D They must have some Barry Bonds approved steroid inhanced water pistols:rolleyes:

trickskier
10-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I blame skidog and trickskier:mad:;) :D They must have some Barry Bonds approved steroid inhanced water pistols:rolleyes:
LOL........That would be my son.................OBTW it's been raining here since Sunday!!! One area of town received over 14 inches of rain in less than 24 hours Wednesday!!!

Monte
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
LOL........That would be my son.................OBTW it's been raining here since Sunday!!! One area of town received over 14 inches of rain in less than 24 hours Wednesday!!!

Holy Cow!! If that happened here I could drive my boat to work:rolleyes:

trickskier
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Holy Cow!! If that happened here I could drive my boat to work:rolleyes:
It's been EXTREMELY WET down here all week. 50% chance of rain through the weekend...........but we needed it!!!

Monte
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
It's been EXTREMELY WET down here all week. 50% chance of rain through the weekend...........but we needed it!!!

We NEED it too, a lot of our lakes are WAY down.. Heck Wylie is down 8 ft. I am just hoping for a small break Saturday..

I want to get some runs in!!!:cool:

trickskier
10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
We NEED it too, a lot of our lakes are WAY down.. Heck Wylie is down 8 ft. I am just hoping for a small break Saturday..

I want to get some runs in!!!:cool:
I'm hoping to go to the Lake Sunday.............Got a list of Hunny do's right now..............Guess I better get started!!!

Monte
10-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm hoping to go to the Lake Sunday.............Got a list of Hunny do's right now..............Guess I better get stated!!!

Yeah.. I have to clean out my garage Saturday morning.. We are going to have to have a yard sale SOON.. We have WAY too much crap... As soon as THAT is done.. We will be hitting the water.. Weather permiting..

TMCNo1
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
This explains it around here in Piedmont NC and around Charlotte, we are just inside the Exceptional Drought Area, 13.45" down for the year, worst on record according to some reports.
http://drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html