PDA

View Full Version : How do you pull codes from a 1994 ecu?

timh
09-17-2007, 10:13 PM
This is on a 350 tbi indmar/mastercraft. It has been my experience that this can usually be done with a jumper and a lightbulb or vom, but the Clymer manual I bought doesn't give this information. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance...
Tim

JimN
09-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Do search here- it has been posted many times. Why do you think you need to find them?

erkoehler
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Where do you live? Take it in to your local dealer and they can probably pull them for you.

timh
09-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks Jim. Found it. If you get a chance maybe you could take a look at my post "Looses rpm after several minutes of running" (at wot). It's on page 2 now. TIA
Tim

JimN
09-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Start by checking the fuel pressure while you're out. If it starts to drop, it's probably a bad pump. if it doesn't drop, it could be a clogged vent line. A leaky fuel pressure regulator hose or vacuum leak could cause problems, too. I made an adaptor for measuring pressure on non-Shrader fuel lines myself, from parts I bought at NAPA. You could also look for a shop that makes up fuel lines, with the crimped on fittings. Don't cheese on this- if a rubber hose and clamps are used, it's not going to last long. Once that's done, you can attach a gauge to the fitting and read your pressure.

I haven't heard of injectors that became slow to react over time. A dirty ground on the block could cause problems but until it's tested, it would be hard to say exactly what the symptoms would be.

timh
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the help, Jim. and everyone else, too. With fall comming up and forced ot at work, it may be a while before I get to try anything, but at least now I have some information to work with.
Tim