PDA

View Full Version : Factory cover 2007 X-7

frankb
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
We have the one-piece factory cover on our 2007 X-7. The boat sits in the water all season long. We have two issues with the cover. The fit around the rear tower leg is not very snug allowing some water, etc. into the boat. However, when it rains a lot the water pools in the cover along side the motor box. With enough rain the pool gets deep enough to cause the cover to sag and pull around the rear tower letting in much more water. When I took off the cover this weekend the carpet was so wet that there was a splash when I stepped into the boat. Does anyone else experience this? Perhaps an additional pole on each side of the motor box would help "tent" up the cover and shed the water. Any other suggestions? From reading other threads it seems that the snap on covers are more water tight but I would prefer not to have the snaps around the boat.

Sodar
09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Did your cover not come with the poles? Read this: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=351246&postcount=2

erkoehler
09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Put the back seat in the "up" position.

dsoby
09-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I have several friends that place inflated tubes on top of their motor boxes before putting on their covers.

frankb
09-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I have the poles in place and the back seat in the upper sun pad position. I can't believe I am unique in having this problem!

oxmach
09-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Nope not alone...I have an 05 and same issues. I'd set up the poles etc. but around the tower it would let water, leaves, pine needles etc. The stencile on the cover started to go and leave white flecks all over and I was tired of a wet boat, so I invested in a Rankin cover this summer. Awesome workmanship, no poles required as it uses a tight drawstring and a series of felt / Sunbrella covered hooks that snag on the rub rail to prevent the cover from falling in. The only real pain is putting it on around the tower as you you have to disconnect the drawstring from a zippered sleeve about 4' long. The cool thing is they have an elastic and zipper arrangement that keeps it snug around the tower.

yippikaiyay
09-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Had a similar situation with my factory mooring cover. I just have to keep it pretty taught -I have the 3 poles relatively high, with 1" nylon webbing on the tie down rings, that I can cinch down very snug to the boat lift. Never a problem in even heavy rain, but if there is any slack, (like when my kids put it on) it'll pool.

peels
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
At first I had the same problem until I noticed the poles extend. Haven't had aproblem since