PDA

View Full Version : Stolen MC in TX

Roonie's
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I am just passing this along as I saw it on wakeworld and thieves suck. I thought they would have posted here by now but have yet to see it so here it is. I don't know this dealership or the original poster found here. Also when he refers to today it was on Saturday Sept 15th it happened.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/501068.html?1190069388

If anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex sees a solid white 2007 Mastercraft X2, please call Texas Mastercraft at 817.589.7547 or your local police department immediately. The boat was the Sasser Wakeboard School boat used at the TXMC location and was stolen sometime between 7:30pm Friday and 8:30am today from the back lot of TXMC. The boat is solid white with white decals, has tower speakers, and is on a white trailer. There should not be any other boats in the area matching this description. The last two digits of the serial number on the back right corner of the hull are "07" and it has the new Mastercraft tower. There were "Texas Mastercraft" stickers on the windows and "wakeboardinglessons.com" stickers above the rub rail, but those might or might not still be on the boat today.

Additionally, a customer's 2004 Mastercraft X-Star was stolen from a slip on Lake Lewisville this week. It was a red and black X-Star. Please call the dealership if you have any information on this boat as well.

We would appreciate it if everyone on the board in the DFW area could keep an eye out for these boats and give us a call if you have any information. Please call my cell phone if it is after business hours.

Thanks,

Andrew Moreton
Sasser Wakeboard School
sasserwakeboardschool@gmail.com
817.598.7547 office
573.587.1879 cell

Farmer Ted
09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
will keep my eyes peeled on I-30 from Royse City to Greenville

I imagine the boat will turn up soon, pretty hard to move something like that

uawaterskier
09-17-2007, 08:36 PM
will keep my eyes peeled on I-30 from Royse City to Greenville

I imagine the boat will turn up soon, pretty hard to move something like thatebay;) :D
hope they find them though

east tx skier
09-17-2007, 08:43 PM
If I see it out east, I'll let you know. I'll also tell my local dealer to be on the lookout for these boats as trade ins.

TheOneandOnly
09-17-2007, 08:43 PM
how does someone keep a boat hidden????

JohnnyB
09-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm guessing the dealer network has a hot list by HIN, so there is no way to trade it in.....start watchin for parts on ebay.

SkiDog
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't wanna wish any bad luck to the owners of these boats, but, I do hope whoever stole them forgets to turn on the blower and it blows up when they try to start it.:mad: Low life scumbums~!

tex
09-17-2007, 11:08 PM
It should be easy to spot. I saw it the other day when I picked up the boat for the fly-in. The logo is white and it almost looks like the logo has worn off. The guys at Texas Mastercraft are great! Please keep your eyes peeled. A lot of dumb arses steal boats. You would be amazed at how many people think that they can get away with it. MC owners stick together!

michael freeman
09-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Can we get a picture from TXMC of the boat to place in the thread. It is easier for me to remember a picture then to remember a text description of the boat(s).

I live in DFW and will keep an eye out.

jraben8
09-18-2007, 08:52 AM
As posted on www.dallaswakeboarding.com...

http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=26&page=viewtopic&t=11298

tex
09-18-2007, 10:37 AM
This is the one that I took to the Fly-In. It looks the same except it is all white.

Ric
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
will keep an eye out on Houston area lakes

Maristar210
09-18-2007, 10:50 AM
will keep an eye out on Houston area lakes

Why? You won't be there. You'll be at home taking care of all them phillies.

"No time for boating, we've got to get to the mall"

Ric
09-18-2007, 10:53 AM
sure seems that way. extracurricular stuff is getting in the way of ski time!

Prostar Rich
09-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Boats being stolen happens where I am at (southern WI) all to often. I don't know how a thief would go about selling/registering a stolen boat. Everyone needs to take precautions to prevent theft of their boat. I even go as far as to lock the wheel on my shore station to prevent access to the boat.

With the world we live in maybe we need to come up with a lo-jack type system for high end boats.

Prostar Rich

TX.X-30 fan
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Boats could have gone south in 10-12 hrs. They were not noticed for a long time. I to hope they jackknife and land in their laps.

tex
10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Great ending. I spoke with Jimmy yesterday and they have recovered the boat. The jackA who took it tried to use it on Lake Bridgeport(in the Metroplex) and someone saw it being gassed up at a marina. They were able to secure the name and number of the person who stole it and had to contact the FBI(an agent had recently bought a boat from Jimmy). A phone call was made and the boat was found in a parking lot the next morning. I will fill you in as I hear more about the idiot! Thanks to everyone around here and South who kept their eyes open. I know that everyone at Texas Mastercraft appreciates it!

milkmania
10-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Great ending. I spoke with Jimmy yesterday and they have recovered the boat. The jackA who took it tried to use it on Lake Bridgeport(in the Metroplex) and someone saw it being gassed up at a marina. They were able to secure the name and number of the person who stole it and had to contact the FBI(an agent had recently bought a boat from Jimmy). A phone call was made and the boat was found in a parking lot the next morning. I will fill you in as I hear more about the idiot! Thanks to everyone around here and South who kept their eyes open. I know that everyone at Texas Mastercraft appreciates it!
not knowing the geographic locations you speak of.....
how far away was the boat from the dealership?

that'll teach the thief not to use his debit/credit card to fuel a stolen boat:uglyhamme

tex
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
45 minutes to an hour!

Roonie's
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Great ending to the story. Was the boat in good shape when they got it back??

milkmania
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
45 minutes to an hour!

that shows the sign of a true idiot

Texas has a mexican border and he didn't use it!:rolleyes:

tex
10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
OK-It was a little rough but it was a ski school boat.

Roonie's
10-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Did they recover the customers boat that was stolen too same week. Could be related.

GreenSpirit Hydro
10-05-2007, 05:33 PM
How could one prevent their boat from being stolen, say they keep it on the trailer in their carport? Is there any kind of wheel lock you can put on the trailer that will make it impossible to move?

Footin
10-05-2007, 05:35 PM
When I kept mine in a carport, I chained the trailer to the conerpost.

Roonie's
10-05-2007, 05:36 PM
How could one prevent their boat from being stolen, say they keep it on the trailer in their carport? Is there any kind of wheel lock you can put on the trailer that will make it impossible to move?

Yes. Here it is.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Club_Tire_Claw&cname=Locks&r=view&i=79853&aID=26E

Also make sure you have locking lug nuts otherwise tire off new tire on and away they go.

M-Funf
10-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Can you just put the trailer on jack stands and remove the wheels? I do this every winter. Not to prevent theft, but to keep the tires from sitting in one spot all winter...I put them in the garage.