PDA

View Full Version : new x45

skysfix
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I am considering buying an 07 or 08 x45, anyone out there have one? I currently have an X80! love the boat but hate the fact know else wants to tow me because they are scared of the twin motors. Plan to buy the X45 soon, any help on this would be awesome.

TMCNo1
09-17-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't, but you can probably see one at Carolina Spring Madness '08

Sodar
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Scared of the twin motors!!! JEESH!! Buncha Rooks!!

All I can say about the X-45 is to get the LY6 or L18... horsepower does that boat good!! :D

BoulderX45
09-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Skysfix,
I have a 06' X45 in the Northwest (Tacoma Lake Tapps) and I love it. Its got the Cadillac LQ9 motor. It is the perfect motor in weight, coolant cooled, and gas mileage. If you would like to board, surf, or ski behind it I would love to have the company. I'm actually thinking of selling it due to the lack of people to join me on the lake unless it is perfect weather. Let me know if you need a pull!

BoulderX45

sand2snow22
09-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Sky,

Is this yours? Nice boat if it is....

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/419190019.html

Check out www.pdxwake.com, many good drivers and good people. I'm in Portland and I'll pull you anytime....

llcamp63
09-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I have an 06 X45 with the MCX. My family has put on almost 100 hrs this summer. We normally have 8 to 12 teenagers and adults on the boat for hours at a time. I have no problem with the MCX. A few times we had the boat maxed out with 17 people on the boat and 1 wakeboarder. With this much weight the MCX was working. The dealer recommended a different prop. With the new prop I lost about 5 mph top end but the boat jumps out of the hole a lot better. Most of our time is on Lake Huron. The wake is way too big for most of the inland lakes around us. On these smaller inland lakes our wake just washes over the decks of the docked pontoon boats along the shore when we do our double ups. I spend most of my time teaching my 2 sons and their friends how to wake board. So we spend most of our time stopping and starting. With this in mind we normally burn 5 to 7 gallons of gas an hour. My family loves the X45. I can't imagine a better setup for my current needs.