PDA

View Full Version : 94 Prostar problems

canuckwest
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
looking for help with my 94 Prostar. 350 Chev block with EFI...2 fuel injectors into a throttle body. In early July, the engine was hesitating under load (waterskier) and couldn't get over 3000 rpm. I replaced the gas filter and siphoned some water out of the tank. ran fine until a couple of weeks ago. then similar problem. tried same solution...replaced filter. siphoned water, but there was very little and probably just residual from my job back in July. but I can't move the throttle down under load (even without a skier) without it starting to stall. feels like it's choking itself (or flooding itself?). a mechanic had suggested I look for a screen filter on the top of the tank where the fuel line comes out, but it doesn't look like there's one there? are there any other screen filters that I'm missing (fuel pump?)? or other suggestions? thanks for your help.

rektek
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
fuel pressure and volume would be the next tests I'd be doing.
why do you have water in your tank ? you need to resolve this asap.
;)

canuckwest
09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I think the water must have been introduced in a bad can of gas? we haul all of the gas into our lake and my only conclusion is that a can must have not had the cap on tight? I think the residual water in september, and i'm referring to very small drops of water that I could siphon from the bottom of the tank, weren't properly cleaned out in the initial work in July. but I am watching it and if there is new water in the tank, I will address asap. thanks for your input.:)

André
09-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Look at the inlet side of the pump under the brass fitting there is a screen that gets blocked every 200 hrs or so on my 94 TBI.
Some genius thought it would be a good idea to put the fuel filter AFTER the pump...
Mine gets clogged with carpet fiber and ...dogs hair!:)
Good luck!
15 minutes job for me now.

canuckwest
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I'll check to see if there's a filter there. thanks for the suggestion.:)

André
09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I'll check to see if there's a filter there. thanks for the suggestion.:)
Not a filter,a screen and there is one.:)

canuckwest
10-23-2007, 11:47 PM
I did get the filter cleaned and back running. unfortunately, I've run out of season as well...next year.
thanks for your assistance.

rspiecha
10-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Does your boat still have the water/fuel separator installed???

Rob