PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X-STAR.....additional ballast system

Jerseydave
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm considering adding the Fly-High X-star ballast system (or similar) on the boat for next season. I believe it's around $600 + hoses and fittings.

Does anyone have this system on their X-star? Need some input.

The other option would be to find a pair of hard tanks for the rear (possibly from an RV parts supplier) and plumb them in along with flyhigh-type sacs for under the front seats. Opinions???

I want the luxury of flipping my 3 ballast pump switches on and having everything fill-up, no more Tsunami pump with 12volt plugs and leaking hose fittings!

erkoehler
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Just plumb in a fat sac on each side of the engine. All you need is some hose and reroute the water to overflow from the tank into the bag and then vent out the boat.

Jerseydave
09-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi Eric!

Sounds good, will the pumps suck all the water out of the fat sacs ok?

Also, what about the front? As you know, X-stars like more ballast up front.

ecelis
09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
We have the Fly-High system in ours.

The X-Star kit comes with all the bags, fittings, hoses, etc to build it in.
It also comes with three nice two-way valves that have to be build into the rear compartment and allow you to swich the pumps from bag to tank and back.

The wake is huge with this system, but if you do not have the big-block (8L) engine you will have to change the prop to get it on plane.

rrbooker
09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
here is just about everything you need to know! I went with the complete Fly High system, but thats because i got a good deal on it! If you have the mcx, make sure you are running the 14.25x14 prop. 4000lbs is about max for that motor!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/375302.html