PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Florida wakeboarders

mjw101081
09-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Looking for those that are as hooked on wakeboarding as I am. I ride the Hillsborough River. Post if your in the vicinity.

SaltwaterMC
09-16-2007, 01:18 PM
We ride in the bay all the time. We are in the river frequently as well, usually to eat at Rick's. What kind of boat do you have?

mjw101081
09-16-2007, 11:46 PM
we have met. I ride a 1990 tristar. I recognize your boat. I ride north of the dam. The starship was taking up the water waiting for the cruise ship to clear port that day. We have since had rain and now i can ride at my house.

Ski-A-Rees
09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I live in Bradenton but I ski with the Sarasota Ski-A-Rees Water Ski Show Team.

SaltwaterMC
09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah, I was wondering if this post was from you. I'm glad you can ride in your neck of the woods now in the fresh water. If you are ever back in the bay or plan to be, PM me and we can meet up and do some riding.

Josh

mjw101081
09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
I hesitate to run my boat down in the brackish water, and my trailer has seen better days. I was so glad it rained. I drop in right behind my house, its perfect and protected(no salt). I need to learn ..my skills, or lack thereof, are far inferior to yours. Lately there have been more boards on the water. I know a new black and white x-2 moved in waterfront to river (he claims 4 years riding and I believe him). Week days and evening hours are fantastic out here I have gotten in at least 1 set for the past 4 days. You would like it I'm sure. I think there are 4 mastercrafts above the dam.
Matt

SaltwaterMC
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Where do you have to launch the boat to get in north of the dam?

mjw101081
09-17-2007, 11:38 AM
The ramp is right next to riverhills elementary which is in the vicinity of 56th and busch. Down by the dam you can see two of busch gardens roller coasters.

ColoradoWake
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Hello,

I recently moved down to Tampa and looking for fellow wakeboarders! I am very flexible and looking for people who need a 3rd or more to go riding with. I can throw down on gas money or whatever! I'm itching to get out and find that glass so bad! Please hit me up at 970-219-1657 and we can work out a time!

Jim@BAWS
10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Hello, I recently moved down to Tampa and looking for fellow wakeboarders! I am very flexible and looking for people who need a 3rd or more to go riding with. I can throw down on gas money or whatever! I'm itching to get out and find that glass so bad! Please hit me up at 970-219-1657 and we can work out a time!

COLORADOWAKE...You need to get w/ SaltWaterMC and have him
bring you upto Bay Area WaterSports and sell you a boat. HA HA HA

Stop in when you can

Jim@BAWS

www.bayareawatersports.com

We have a MC Boat Owners Reunion Scheduled for Nov 10th
Good time to meet fellow owners

ColoradoWake
10-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Where are you located at? I do not start my job until Monday! I have my own gear, just need to meet some people to ride with, I just uploaded some pictures too!

BriEOD
10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Where in Tampa are you? I have some friends I ski with that just relocated to Tampa from Colorado (Ft. Collins). They ski and board. I am also in Tampa and will ride anything (at least once).

ColoradoWake
10-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I live off Gandy but my girlfriend and I are willing to drive just about anywhere to go boating! Feel free to hit me up on my cell at 970-219-1657 or email me at scrap1984@comcast.net and we can get something together!

Ryan

BriEOD
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I am out of town for a while ,but will give you a shout upon my return.

stuttgart
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Funny seeing this thread as I too just moved to Tampa, live on harbour island. I brought my '96 Prostar 205 down, but I don't have anyone to ride with. Ryan, if you want i'll give you a ring next time I head out, I put in at Lowry Park ramp.

Phil
813-579-0244

SaltwaterMC
10-08-2007, 12:25 AM
stuttgart,

I live on Davis Islands and am out in the bay all the time riding. Maybe we can get together sometime out there. Why don't you put in at the Davis Islands ramp? I wouldn't recommend it at low tide but if there is a mid tide or higher I am able to launch.

stuttgart
10-08-2007, 02:25 AM
I've only had my boat out two times so far. I put in at Davis Island once, but since I'm storing my boat up off Waters Ave. its easier just to put in at Lowry park and drive down. The real benefit being that the boat gets flushed with fresh water when I come back up and the trailer doesn't get dunked in salt.

What is the best place to pull ppl? between harbor and davis?

My 205 is black over white without decals so if you see me, flag me down.

-Phil
813-579-0244

Jim@BAWS
10-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Stuttgart,

Don't think for a minute that LOWERY park IS NOT salt

It is !!! Maybe not as bad as Harbor island but it is

Still rinse and clean throughly

Jim@BAWS

trickskier
10-08-2007, 10:13 AM
OOPS Wrong thread.............:o

SaltwaterMC
10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Do you have an off white trailer? If so, I think I saw it at the Davis Islands ramp the other day. Later that day we took the boat up to Rick's on the River and I am pretty sure we saw you drive by as it was a black and white what appeared to be MasterCraft without decals.

stuttgart
10-08-2007, 12:57 PM
yep thats me. Now that you mention it i remember seeing your boat parked at ricks.

Jim, you right it's not quite fresh water but much less salt content than the bay. I can hear my trailer start to rust when I put it in the bay.

SaltwaterMC
10-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Well maybe I'll see you out there sometime. I'll keep an eye out for you.

mjw101081
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Everybody’s got a boat but nobody has a steady second, much less a third. So I am thinking...circulate Sundays between boats. If you want to go late in the season, the water here doesn't get as cold as the bay. ColoradoWake came out once, he knows. I have one spare wetsuit which is devoted to a friend, first dibs, at anytime, other than that, its up for grabs. Gentlemen, I think about wakeboarding more than I think about...yeah. Anyway, to be selfish I need a second to fulfill the needs of my wakeboarding habit. But, I also want to ride with someone better than me so I can learn. Gas money should be an inherent understanding and I am willing to host this Sunday, full tank on me, just so we can all meet. (I can almost guarantee butter) I say Sunday because it’s the universal off day and the only day I have off completely. I have yet to experience a morning session. My boat can probably hold six men or a crowded seven persons. As of right now there is safe daylight till about 7:20pm with that time frame shrinking daily

SkiDog
10-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Sounds like this guys wanting to ride BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook him up!!!!!!

BriEOD
10-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry brother, out of the area for a while longer. Are you going to be at BAWs reunion.

Jim@BAWS
10-10-2007, 09:51 PM
REUNION INFO IS UP AND READY FOR ATTENDEES (sp)

See everyone soon

Jim@BAWS

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19742

stuttgart
10-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Everybody’s got a boat but nobody has a steady second, much less a third. So I am thinking...circulate Sundays between boats. If you want to go late in the season, the water here doesn't get as cold as the bay. ColoradoWake came out once, he knows. I have one spare wetsuit which is devoted to a friend, first dibs, at anytime, other than that, its up for grabs. Gentlemen, I think about wakeboarding more than I think about...yeah. Anyway, to be selfish I need a second to fulfill the needs of my wakeboarding habit. But, I also want to ride with someone better than me so I can learn. Gas money should be an inherent understanding and I am willing to host this Sunday, full tank on me, just so we can all meet. (I can almost guarantee butter) I say Sunday because it’s the universal off day and the only day I have off completely. I have yet to experience a morning session. My boat can probably hold six men or a crowded seven persons. As of right now there is safe daylight till about 7:20pm with that time frame shrinking daily
Ryan and I went out on the river this evening. I'm out of town this weekend but I'm definitely up for getting a consistent crew together.
-Phil
813-579-0244

BriEOD
10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll be there Jim.

mjw101081
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
sometimes I guess my words aren't enough...had my best wakeboarding day to date...both healside wake to wake 180's to flats and big grabs to the flats.

mjw101081
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
get it...props to the driver....:D

SaltwaterMC
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Nice glassy water there my friend. I will get out there with you guys one of these days.

Wake_USF
10-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Whats up everyone! Im with the University of South Florida Wakeboard Club.....so hell yes we ride in Tampa! If anyone wants to come to our events just check out our website for upcoming events! We are in the process of rebuilding our boat and searching for sponsors for our club so if any of you can help, definitely let me know. This Friday we are riding at O-Dub if anyone is interested, just send me an email (krayne@mail.usf.edu). As far as riding, we have a few members with X-Stars, a couple with Nautiques and one of those Yamaha wake edition boats (which actually kicks a pretty decent wake...I was surprised). We always need people to ride with and people to ride with us so hit us up!

http://wakeusf.com/WakeUSF/Photos_files/n46212339_30720765_4103.jpg
http://wakeusf.com/WakeUSF/Photos_files/O'dubbs2%20086.jpg
http://wakeusf.com/WakeUSF/Photos_files/100_2323.jpg
http://wakeusf.com/WakeUSF/Photos_files/WakeUSF%20039.jpg

ColoradoWake
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Anyone riding this spring yet in Tampa...let's meet up and train for some upcome competitions!!!!