PDA

View Full Version : Takin X-Star out for 2nd time with new stuff!

swchopper
09-15-2007, 08:46 AM
And can't wait. Bought it 3 weeks ago(2005 X-Star)

I spent last saturday changing my raw water impeller. Also changed all the ballast impellers to the yellow kind. One ballast wasn't working, and ordered all new impellers, just to spend $$$:eek: Come to find out, the "cap" on the pump for the ballast that wasn't working just wasn't even tightened down, so no suction could be made. Thats a good quick check for anyone having ballast filling/emptying problems. First thing, just check the tightness of the 3 screws that hold the pump cap on.
While at it, I took the one ballast pump that MC puts in upside down. I took it, extended input hose and turned it rightside up. Hope it still works! That is a mystery to me why MC does that.

Also got my tower speakers on, can't wait to try them out.

I have already received the parts to change the rudder and rudder box to the 2006/2007 type. I really wish I would have got that on, but didn't have time. It will be a winter project. The rudder shape is totally different and cant wait to feel the handling difference.

What do you all think about "stickering" up your boat? I am an x-motocross guy, and for some reason, love decals! I love the look of official towboats and so will put some large decals on my boat.

I will try to get some pics today and post tonight:D

JimN
09-15-2007, 09:08 AM
"What do you all think about "stickering" up your boat? I am an x-motocross guy, and for some reason, love decals! I love the look of official towboats and so will put some large decals on my boat."

It's not an old pickup and your boat doesn't need them to keep body panels from falling off.

OTOH, it is your boat, so if it makes you happy.....

beatle78
09-15-2007, 09:12 AM
sounds like you've got the bug.

I would stay away from "all the decals"

I'm guessing if you bought an X-star you must wakeboard and your wakeboard is where all your decals belong :) :) :)

ProTour X9
09-15-2007, 09:20 AM
C'mon guys, theres nothing wrong with decals, If i had another boat that was gray it'd be COVERED with red decals, like CWB, or Hyperlite, Indmar, Vortec, World Record Towboat (or Tow Boat), Team MasterCraft, red stars, yadda yadda yadda. If ya'll wanna put stickers on your boat put some Fox, or Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Polaris, whatever. Its your boat have fun with it. OTOH A clean boat does look very sharp, and will look better to the general public and resale buyer.

surfacetension
09-15-2007, 10:32 AM
If you like stickers put them on , the only person who has to like them is YOU it's your boat who cares who likes it! LOL

Jerseydave
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Post some pics on your X-star (I have an '05 X-star also and love it)

As far as decals, race boats, race cars and anything else with decals have them because they're paid to put them on. If someone wants to sponsor you and your boat, then decals are fine. Otherwise, I'd go without them.

BTW, you should be able to replace your rudder without replacing the rudder box. I did mine in less than 1 hour and it makes a big difference in steering and handling.

-Dave

swchopper
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
the M/C dealer told me I needed a new rudder box and sold it to me. another $180 or something like that. So your telling me the new, larger rudder fit right in the old slot???
You have hydraulic or manual steering?

swchopper
09-16-2007, 03:28 PM
And as for the decals, something like this. I think is an amazingly clean looking boat! It was posted by someone else in another thread

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/swchopper/RedWhiteXstar.jpg

swchopper
09-16-2007, 03:38 PM
and here is a pic of my new2me boat! I love it! I need more, better pics though. Will work on that next year I guess since this season is gone:mad:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/swchopper/CIMG1057.jpg

Jerseydave
09-16-2007, 07:08 PM
the M/C dealer told me I needed a new rudder box and sold it to me. another $180 or something like that. So your telling me the new, larger rudder fit right in the old slot???
You have hydraulic or manual steering?

Great looking boat (and family)! Congrats!
Season over in the southwest??? We're still riding here in NJ until around Oct. 15th.

Yes, my new-style rudder fit right into the old rudder box. Not a problem with 70+ hours on it this year, steers great!

It's an easy swap.......you'll see. Just have someone under the boat to catch the old rudder as it drops out the bottom.

magnum
11-02-2007, 10:23 AM
swchopper, what did the new rudder cost you, wonder if it is for the 04 models also ?

Maristar210
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes it does. lots of talk on it here:
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14537

88 PS190
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
To decal a boat you only want LARGE decals. You'll need to have em made at a vinyl shop.

Stickers are not the sort of thing you want.

Being a motocross guy, you should understand stickers for the point of looking like a pro is just advertising for people who don't pay you to. Unless someone is giving you 50% off or a full sponsorship they do not deserve your advertising space. So if your MC dealer wants to give you swag to run a big 'ol sticker... Cool... Otherwise its just squid.

PaulW
11-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice looking boat, I got a 06 Xstar this year and had a great time out on the water. I put on 115 hrs of all boarding time on it already in just one summer. You'll love the boat.
I use to be a motocrosser myself and understand the urge to do it.
I put the boat away for winter just this week and miss it already. Its going to be a long winter, thinking about going down to FL to take the edge off.