PDA

View Full Version : Drove a CSX 220 last Sunday...

André
09-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Totally forgot to post this!:o

After the Montreal Mastercraft Head-to-Head where they used the CSX as a shuttle from land to the end of the courses,Michel the owner asked me to drive the CSX to the ramp a couples of miles away.
I immediately turned to Brent and told him to gear up which he did.
Never drove a center console boat before but the steering wheel and throttle positions sure feel funny and you're sitting way higher.
It had a 310 hp engine and even if Brent is not a slimmie the holeshot was terrible and i mean... terrible! Had the feeling that Brent was dragging forever and that we would never get on plane wich finally occured.No tracking fins made the boat very sluggish from the handling side.As Brent started skiing,the boat was being pulled around from one side to the other with every turns ,definetely not a skiing machine!:D
Could only see the wake from the mirror but from Brent's "shorthen it to 35 cause it's a wall at 22 off..." comment i can only imagine.
Probably a better fishing and wakeboarding cross over then a potential fish'n ski boat.
And that thing is fugly...:)
Not really impress...Can you tell?

ProTour X9
09-15-2007, 10:23 AM
I was wondering what the wake was like seeing how they said it was geared for ski wakes along with the other stuff.

JohnE
09-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I saw plenty of people boarding behind it at CSM. I wouldn't have expected it to be a good slalom boat. One dealer told me that Zane said it is the best boarding wake aside from the X-Star. To me it hits the mark on everything it was intended to.

BriEOD
09-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Very expensive.

Brent
09-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't find it ugly , but it's not for me. André pulled me directly into the course after a sluggish hole shot @ 28off & I did a header going to 2 ball, I think they got it on tape ( a real yard sale)!The hole shot could probably be fixed by a different prop. I did 35off as well & the wake was a little better, I had to push the ski in front of me to go through the wake but it is more of a recreational ski boat wake & I'm sure a great wakeboard wake when loaded properly. André is too used to his 94 PS 190 & does not seem to be ready for other good but different ski boat wakes like the 197, which to me is as good as any out there. All in all I see a nish for the CSX , just not for hardcore slalom skiers.

Jerseydave
09-15-2007, 09:14 PM
That's a heavy boat to only have a 310 HP engine, I would think the LY6 engine would make a night and day difference.

As far as skiing behind it, it's probably like skiing behind an under-powered Grady White or similar. Not meant to be a ski boat IMHO.

Going from a Prostar to a CSX would be like going from a Corvette to a mini-van.

I'd bet it's a great boat for wakeboarding with the optional ballast, or for fishing if properly setup.

jaysus
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
The CSX weight is similar to the XStar, the RTP 310 can not be efficient on that boat under load.

We've run 2 400hp's, one crusader, one LY6 and the wake is crazy when loaded up. It handles nicely under load if it is powered right. We do have a customer that slaloms off it. He is a prior prostar owner but in no way expected a ski wake.

It's a great crossover boat and in my eyes has accomplished everything MC intended to with it's introduction. Handles the chop really well too!