PDA

View Full Version : hercu-liner bedliner kits

94PS190
09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Have any of you tried one of these do-it your self bedliner kits? Iam planning on having the inside of my Jeep wrangler done. I am not sure if I am going to have it done (rhino liner), or do it my self. Any suggestions?

tones03
09-14-2007, 09:26 AM
I have seen those, plus Rhino and Line-X, I would go line-x over rhino and the do it your selfer. I have seen Rhino liners peel and chip, same with the do it your selfer (may be from person did not install it correct) but I know many people with Line-X and they have no problems with it, love and it looks the same as the day they got it.

Basically if you go with the do it yourselfer, I know you have to follow the directions very carefully because if you miss a spot while cleaning and sanding that stuff will bubble and peel. Good luck.

Maristar210
09-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I have seen those, plus Rhino and Line-X, I would go line-x over rhino and the do it your selfer. I have seen Rhino liners peel and chip, same with the do it your selfer (may be from person did not install it correct) but I know many people with Line-X and they have no problems with it, love and it looks the same as the day they got it.

Basically if you go with the do it yourselfer, I know you have to follow the directions very carefully because if you miss a spot while cleaning and sanding that stuff will bubble and peel. Good luck.

I would agree with the infant on the ****ter above me here. Every spec must be sanded, removed and cleaned otherwise it pops loose later....
S

G-man
09-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I agree on the linex. I have seen a few DIY jobs and they don't compare to professional jobs.

TMCNo1
09-14-2007, 10:33 AM
It would be neat to be able to do and have done a woodgrain Rhino-liner/Line-X application to a teak or fiberglass platform.:rolleyes:

atlfootr
09-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Next liner will be sprayed - Rhino's my choice :rolleyes:

Cloaked
09-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Have any of you tried one of these do-it your self bedliner kits? Iam planning on having the inside of my Jeep wrangler done. I am not sure if I am going to have it done (rhino liner), or do it my self. Any suggestions?For the inside of a vehicle, you will not be pleased with Rhino.

Line-X. Done deal. Let the pros do it right.

BX3
09-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I run a large fleet of service vehicles that get abused daily. They see more work than most vehicles will ever see. The line X system is the only way to go. We literally have nothing bad to say. Amazing product proffessionally done of course.

my 2.5cents!

mdthacker
09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I've had Rhino and my current truck has Line-X. I have been extremely happy with Line-X and will never do anything but it again. Plus, their warranty is great. If I ever damage it, it will be fixed for free.

wakolman
09-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I recently got the Line-X bedliner, and love it so far. You can see the edge of the liner in the pic...it is very thick and seems durable ( I haven't tested it too much yet). I think mine cost $450 for over the rail coverage. Spend $100 on a kit + your time sanding, + wiping clean with alcohol, + taping, + applying the liner yourself = you saying "I should have taken it in to get it done"

One thing to consider if you are having it applied inside your vehicle, is that the rough texture will hold a lot of dust and dirt and might make it difficult to clean (if you don't mind hosing out the inside of the Wrangler, then it probably will work.). I read one where a guy had the whole exterior of an off road truck sprayed, and he commented on how the dust just seemed to stick to the liner.

wakolman
09-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Another shot

94PS190
09-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I think that liner is too thick. I have to get everything bolted back in place after it is sprayed. I also think the smoother the better. Is rhino smoother? Thinner? I don't think this will take a lot of abuse, being on the inside, but I want something that will last.

94PS190
09-14-2007, 05:16 PM
second pic looks thinner, that should be OK.

wakolman
09-14-2007, 06:08 PM
About the thickness of three credit cards (about all I had for reference).

alletric
09-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I have had Rhino and Line X and they are both great. Rhino has to sit for 24 hours before use because it has to cure. Line X is ready to go in about 5 minutes. The Rhino has a little more rubbery feel to it than the Line X. I had the Rhino in for 10 years in my old truck and just put Line X in the new one so we will see how it lasts. They can vary the thickness putting it on as well.

lanier92prostar
09-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Line X is the way to go. I have had it in 2 trucks and never had a problem. Plus they will fix it for free if it is ever damaged.

atlfootr
09-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I have had Rhino and Line X and they are both great.
I had the Rhino in for 10 years in my old truck and just put Line X in the new one,
so we will see how it lasts.
Line X is the way to go.
I have had it in 2 trucks and never had a problem.
Plus they will fix it for free if it is ever damaged.I can't wait another 10 yrs for you to test it, frm snds of what you all say Line-X
is the way to go! I'm tuff on my truck's liner and I want one that's gonn'a last ... my decision's made :D

jimmer2880
09-17-2007, 07:57 AM
First, I want to say that I wish I could have afforded to pay someone to line the inside of my Jeep. However, I could not, so I did it myself (herculiner).

Like others have said - it's all about prep. I spent approx 6 hours on prep removing the seats, etc AND using a scotch-brite pad & zylene to cover every square millimeter of the tub. I sprayed my tub 4 years ago & other than fading, it looks as good as the day I did it.

I bought the Herculiner Roll-on bedliner. However, I bought a $10.00 underbody spray gun from Harbor freight to apply. This worked extremely well.

Since the time I did my Jeep, I have also sprayed the cradle on my boat lift and the racks on my quad. That stuff is great. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

dmayer84
09-17-2007, 08:29 AM
I have line-x on my bed and the stuff has taken a good beating so far. Definately worth the $$$.

Ric
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I can't wait another 10 yrs for you to test it, frm snds of what you all say Line-X
is the way to go! I'm tuff on my truck's liner and I want one that's gonn'a last ... my decision's made :D uh atl.... I think he said his rhino lasted for 10 years:D .......

About 12 or so years ago, I had a rhino done on my new chivvy... for all the hassle of going to have a liner sprayed in, and all the prep they have to do for the spray-in, I am not sure it was worth it..

this goes against this thread totally, but what I'm sayin is my answer is none of the above... for all the reasons mentioned, doing a spray liner in the jeep, will be a chore and probably not be the results you intended...

as far as a truck bed, I go with a flat rubber mat from tractor supply and I'm far better off... back then, we had to drive to san antonio to get rhino sprayed. It was a color matched light grey, sniny, NICE.... After a year or so, it had faded to a powdery look and was less sticky than the oem paint.. it was almost like the stuff had hardened in the sun over a year or so, to the point where cargo would slip around as opposed to when it was new and sticky. soooooo, ya we saved the bed paint from a horrible life, but we covered it, so it would never be seen again.... duuhhh

for your money, a fitted rubber mat will protect the bed paint (or jeep floor) and be far less hassle :twocents: