PDA

View Full Version : X-Star storage

KRSXSTAR
09-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Need some help, I have recently upgraded from the prostar 205 to an 03 x-star...fell in love with it.Apparently the tower on my boat does not break down in all the right places to fit in the garage.My mastercraft dealer had no suggestions to help me out.I was considering cutting the rear uprights in the cleanist way possible and use a metal or aluminum plate on each side to reattach them when it was time to hit the water...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..got to keep my baby mildew free down here in Texas !!

Monte
09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Need some help, I have recently upgraded from the prostar 205 to an 03 x-star...fell in love with it.Apparently the tower on my boat does not break down in all the right places to fit in the garage.My mastercraft dealer had no suggestions to help me out.I was considering cutting the rear uprights in the cleanist way possible and use a metal or aluminum plate on each side to reattach them when it was time to hit the water...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..got to keep my baby mildew free down here in Texas !!

A picture would be helpful, I doubt I would resort to cutting the tower.

KRSXSTAR
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Will try to get some pictures ...going out this weekend ..I keep it under a cover thats enclosed all the way around except the front..all the rain down here lately its impossible to keep it clean for long..Texas tropics go figure

Jerseydave
09-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Are you saying that with the tower folded down it's still too tall for your garage door? If that's the case and it's only going in there once a year (fall) try these suggestions:

a) lower trailer tire pressure or try a set of lower-profile tires.

b) take tower completely off the boat

c) shrink-wrap boat with vents installed, put in some dessicant bags or buckets and leave it outside.

DON'T CUT THE TOWER!!!

Maristar210
09-14-2007, 11:56 PM
YOU DO NOT NEED TO CUT YOUR TOWER !!!!!!

Please do no do that...

Please share your situation ans we'll be happy to help you.... :cool:

KRSXSTAR
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh believe me cutting the tower is the last thing i want to do ...I have had the best luck parking it under a carport ( completely enclosed except the front and leaving it uncovered so it can air out after use ...If you cover them up down here the mildew goes crazy ...I like your lower tire pressure idea ..got to try that one and see what it gives me

SkiDog
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh believe me cutting the tower is the last thing i want to do ...I have had the best luck parking it under a carport ( completely enclosed except the front and leaving it uncovered so it can air out after use ...If you cover them up down here the mildew goes crazy ...I like your lower tire pressure idea ..got to try that one and see what it gives me
Where in the south are you?

erkoehler
09-17-2007, 08:44 PM
The tower should fold close to windshield height. Take some pics of the tower up, and how you are folding the tower.

Chief
09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I have to disconnect my rear tower legs and slide it over with one leg in the boat and one hanging over the gunnel to clear my garage door opening. Then when inside I reconnect tower lets and lift tower and hang from hooks in the ceiling. Cutting the tower would be just wrong! Look in the garage thread for some ideas.

BoulderX45
09-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I had the same issue with my X45. My garage was seven feet high and the tower in the down position was eight feet. I removed the header above the door and moved it up one foot. Went and purchased a eight foot door and sold the seven footer on Craig's list.

BoulderX45

KRSXSTAR
09-22-2007, 02:11 AM
About 30-35 miles north of Houston in New Caney ....usually run the boat on lake conroe ...it's only about 45 minutes from the house and it's a pretty nice lake to get out on ..not the best if you want to board or ski.

KRSXSTAR
09-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Thats what i had to do with my 205...take the tower off and i would just hang it on the wall in the garage( zeroflex flyer ) this x-star has all of the speaker and light wires running through the tower ...thats why i have to get creative

SunCoast 83
09-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Possibly try a local indoor storage , we have them down here in Orlando. Thats if you want to avoid the trailer or house mods.