PDA

View Full Version : Bow and fender pads

Commandohorn
09-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I have a 1988 Tri Star 190 trailer with dual axles. I need new bow pads, (the "V") and both fender pads. Anybody know of a source to purchase? I made my own years ago, covering plywood with carpet. I want something a little nicer this go around! Thanks in advance!

Ryan
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
You can find all sorts of sheets/blocks of plastic like the one's on my boat for cheap.

chudson
09-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Did you check the "MARKETPLACE" in the red box in the upper right corner of your screen?

east tx skier
09-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Try HDPE. Ought to work great in those locations.

Commandohorn
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Did you check the "MARKETPLACE" in the red box in the upper right corner of your screen?

Checked that...nothing there.

pilot02
09-14-2007, 11:31 AM
It came with carpeted plywood when new.

HDPE might be an option. LEt us know what ya find.. (I've got an 89 tristar w tandem myself).

east tx skier
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
On the v-bunk, they were using some composite in the 90s that tended to crumble over the years. Since the vbunk doesn't tend to get wet, I'd just use wood there. The fenders, if they're cut, would be a good candidate for HDPE since they're always submerged at the ramp, aren't supporting anythign, and may not drain the same as bunks. On the newer trailers, the carpet was just glued to the wheel wells.

alp
09-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Try Trailers by Dorsey. With the serial number and year they should be able to provide oem parts.

http://www.trailersbydorsey.com/

homer12
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
digging up an old thread, but how do you attach the fender pads inside? with wood screws through the fender flange? I did this but the scews didn't hold well. I can't through bolt them because of damage to the boat and counter sinking them wouldn't leave much material left since it is 3/4" plywood. Any thoughts?

TxsRiverRat
10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
digging up an old thread, but how do you attach the fender pads inside? with wood screws through the fender flange? I did this but the scews didn't hold well. I can't through bolt them because of damage to the boat and counter sinking them wouldn't leave much material left since it is 3/4" plywood. Any thoughts?

Hot glue gun - use alot of glue

Miss Rita
10-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I can't through bolt them because of damage to the boat and counter sinking them wouldn't leave much material left since it is 3/4" plywood. Any thoughts?

If the wood is sound, peel off the carpet (or a patch of carpet), install stainless T-nuts, then glue the carpet back down.

homer12
10-30-2012, 03:11 PM
If the wood is sound, peel off the carpet (or a patch of carpet), install stainless T-nuts, then glue the carpet back down.

T-nuts - great idea! I think you are talking about the kind that have teeth to bite into the wood to keep from spinning. I will try that if these screws stop holding again. I might also try drilling more holes in the fender to put more screws in. It doesn't seem like there is enough factory drilled holes.

homer12
05-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Here's my results of finally getting around to doing this. Had to drill some additional holes in fenders, used t-nuts and stainless 3/4" long screws. I just stapled the carpet around the boards and I'm happy with the results.