PDA

View Full Version : Wake on X45

Bigheadtod
09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I am having a hard time getting a super sharp wake on my 07 x 45, with just me in the boat, full ballast expcept about 1/2 on port, trim about 3/4 down, decent wake. Any good advice to get sharper??

Footin
09-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Welcome BigHT, Is that after Bigheadtod and the monsters?

Bigheadtod
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Actually my name and I have a big head, but I like the band as well.

Holman J.B.F
09-13-2007, 03:06 AM
i used the x45 while shooting some footage for our school/club.We did had troubles with the wake.It was huge but not consistend,one moment it was nice and a few seconds later a lot of whitewash.
But there were moments the wake was superclean and had a nice lip.
I used a total of 1200Kg.We had to shoot the film with the malibu vlx,
because the riders didn,t had the optimum wake.Next week my new boat .....Yes a 2008 X-Star is comming and we will shoot some more.

I could send it to you or put a link where to download when finished.
The answer to your question is extra wieght.....a lot!

endl
09-13-2007, 10:55 AM
My wake is also very inconsistant. Sometimes depending on weight in the boat and speed your better off not running any ballast. Example: When my 8 year old son rides at 19mph and it is only myself and wife in the boat. I find the wake is more consistant running no ballast.

I have only spent 1 summer so far on mine. Wake is huge for surfing, but still depending on how many people in the boat you have to move weight around to clean the lip up. Also for surfing boat seems to do a little better with more speed 10.7 to 11.2 and usually about 1/2 to 3/4 trim/tab/plate down.

I am going to add more front ballast this winter along with extra rear capicity so I can have even more control over how much weight I can add and take away.

Typically more rear weight will sharpen the wake. Like every boat I think you will just have to mess with it to find what works best for you.

rick s.
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi BigHT,
How fast are you going? On my 06 x45, we only use the tab to get "out of the hole" then i pull the tab all the way up. Even though it's a big boat, it is still sensitive to port/stbd weight. Try putting water into the center tank, my older son says it makes the wake more "rampy".

When we are wakeboarding in flat water the speed is 22 to 24. When we wakesurf, we fill the port aft tank (as the kids surf off that side) and set the speed at 10. No tab.

WakePowell
09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
We run with full fuel and ballast with the trim tab in up position. The wake sets up real nice at 23.5 MPH. Typically I ride with 70 feet of line at 24 MPH. With the weight and size of the boat the wake is not consistent at slower speeds.

ironbrad
09-16-2007, 05:18 AM
yeah know, we just got our X-45 and took her out to the lake yesterday for the first time and are having the EXACT same issues. We can't seem to dial in the right combination of ballast and speed. I used to ride around 23-24MPH behind our old 06 correct craft SV-211. With the MC yesterday, the wake was about twice the size of our old boat (although we did have 7 ppl on it, mostly guys weighing > 200lbs /pc). The wake would wash out beyond 55ft at 23MPH. At 26MPH the wake was good, but still a bit of wash. We dumped the tanks and it was much cleaner at all speeds, but still a little inconsistent (and a much smaller wake). I played a bit with the trim, and the wake looked cleaner with the trimm up. With the trimm down, it would really make the wake smaller. Tried taking the KGB to 50% full, and the side tanks at 100%. Seemed to help a little at 23MPH and get the white wash to 60feet back. I'd like to make the wake "steeper" more like our old boat (and very similar to the X-Star), but couldnt get this one to happen.

Anyone with a 45 have any suggestions?

Bigheadtod
09-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I notice my water shoots off the prop to the starboard side at 17mph, would this affect the consistency of the wake, could it be out of alignment?

I notice the prop is offset about 1 inch froim the rudder, MC tells me this is normal.

PendO
09-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I am having a hard time getting a super sharp wake on my 07 x 45, with just me in the boat, full ballast expcept about 1/2 on port, trim about 3/4 down, decent wake. Any good advice to get sharper??

trade it in for an xstar ...

Leroy
09-27-2007, 12:23 AM
The x45 is a big boat!

SummerObsession
09-27-2007, 09:23 AM
**a quick thread hijack**

Since this is an X45 thread: Do those of you that own 06 and 07 models have an issue with handling? When I test drove an 05 x45, the boat would hardly turn under power. I have been told this has been corrected. Is this true?

**Hijack over, thanks in advance**