PDA

View Full Version : Mc and the X-Games stamp

swatguy
09-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Does the fact that MC still puts "Official Towboat of X-Games" stamp on their boats bother anyone else? Don't understand why they would want to promote an event/comp that pretty much said wakeboarding isn't a legit enough sport to be in our events anymore. Only thing I can think of is they enetered into a contract, but I would think that since X-Games dropped wakeboarding the contract would be voided. Does Mc think it still sells boats? Why not stamp Official Towboat of PWT. These days Mc's pretty much sell themselves on the showrrom floor and the water. Their wakes, designs ,and graphics are just plain sick. But the stamp of the X-games is just an eyesore for me.

duckguy
09-12-2007, 01:51 AM
But the stamp of the X-games is just an eyesore for me.

Its an Xstar tramp stamp,its right on its back above its butt

03 35th Anniversary
09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Its an Xstar tramp stamp,its right on its back above its butt
TRAMP STAMP!!! :cool:
Boy I will be getting slapped for saying that after a few drinks.:D

SaltwaterMC
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Swatguy,

We have an '07 X-Star, and that sticker has always confused me as our boat was produced well after the X-Games got rid of wakeboarding. We have gotten a few '08 X-Stars in, and yes, they still have that sticker on the transom. I agree with you, "OFFICIAL TOWBOAT OF THE PWT" would be sweet.

jaxrider
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I agree the PWT would make more sense to us as "in the know owners" but to the average person the X-Games are more widely known. So, from an advertising position more people would make a connection to MC through X-Games instead of trying to figure out what PWC means.

KnoxX2
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
This would be a great idea to bring to the dealer days meeting.

tex
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
So, does that mean Mrs. 03 35th Anniversary has one?

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 10:34 AM

I thought it was the line 'em up tattoo?

I thought they might as well put something interesting to read there anyways. Maybe the sports page???

MYMC
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
The answer is this: MC is still working with X-Games to get wakeboarding back. There are ideas that are being worked on to make this work but I would say it is 50/50. MC still pays the lic fee in case this works out...and if we don't another company will.

Sodar
09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
The answer is this: MC is still working with X-Games to get wakeboarding back. There are ideas that are being worked on to make this work but I would say it is 50/50. MC still pays the lic fee in case this works out...and if we don't another company will.

Not sure if you even know this, but why did they pull wakeboarding from the X-games in the first place? ESPN had an awesome location at Marine Stadium in Long Beach, CA and the event ALWAYS drew an enormous crowd. :confused:

tommcat
09-12-2007, 12:45 PM
The answer is this: MC is still working with X-Games to get wakeboarding back. There are ideas that are being worked on to make this work but I would say it is 50/50. MC still pays the lic fee in case this works out...and if we don't another company will.tell them that Travis Pastrana likes wakeboarding, it will be back in an instant.

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 12:49 PM
tell them that Travis Pastrana likes wakeboarding, it will be back in an instant.

No kidding. Travis is into Rally Cars? Rally cars in the X-games...

Ricky wants Motocross? Motocross it is, and I like motocross :o

No one heard of Rusty? Rusty's out... :rolleyes:

Puffy was right it's all about the benjamins :(

MYMC
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Not sure if you even know this, but why did they pull wakeboarding from the X-games in the first place? ESPN had an awesome location at Marine Stadium in Long Beach, CA and the event ALWAYS drew an enormous crowd. :confused:
Cost of the remote location is what ESPN claimed...it was some number of millions and they didnt like the crowd being split between locations.

jaxrider
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
From what I remember about the discussion when it was pulled was production was to expensive versus ratings. The camera positioning needed in order to get good shot apparently was hard to arrange.

jaxrider
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
From what I remember about the discussion when it was pulled was production was to expensive versus ratings. The camera positioning needed in order to get good shot apparently was hard to arrange.

Sodar
09-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Cost of the remote location is what ESPN claimed...it was some number of millions and they didnt like the crowd being split between locations.

That is interesting. It was kind of weird how Surfing was in Huntington Beach, Wakeboarding in Long Beach and all the Arena sports in Downtown Los Angeles. Seemed like wakeboarding was the cheepest sport to have though. California Skier gave the MC boats, Long Beach leases the stadium out for ~$1250 (to us) I am sure it is more for ESPN and then the cost of setting up the ramps and grandstands... seems pretty cheap in ESPN terms!

tex
09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
That is interesting. It was kind of weird how Surfing was in Huntington Beach, Wakeboarding in Long Beach and all the Arena sports in Downtown Los Angeles. Seemed like wakeboarding was the cheepest sport to have though. California Skier gave the MC boats, Long Beach leases the stadium out for ~$1250 (to us) I am sure it is more for ESPN and then the cost of setting up the ramps and grandstands... seems pretty cheap in ESPN terms!
Did you say ESPN is setting up ramps-Jumping is going to be in the X-Games-Freddy, Scott, Jaret, and Jimmy will be banging them out!

Oh well, it was a nice thought...back to rally racing or whatever else Travis is into!

03 35th Anniversary
09-12-2007, 04:09 PM
So, does that mean Mrs. 03 35th Anniversary has one?
NO, But my mouthy x-ole lady does. ;) (Which she is good friends with.):mad:

Sodar
09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Did you say ESPN is setting up ramps-Jumping is going to be in the X-Games-Freddy, Scott, Jaret, and Jimmy will be banging them out!

Oh well, it was a nice thought...back to rally racing or whatever else Travis is into!

I am not a boarder, but I should have said rails... I think they had a jump too... if memory serves me!

ProTour X9
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
My friends Moomba outback has a sticker that says "Official Towboat of the Gravity Games" upon seeing it I asked him what t-h the gravity games were.

Threadjack over :D

JohnE
09-12-2007, 10:24 PM

Along with this thought, what was the first year that the X games had the wakeboard competition? Sorry, I'm a little older than the generation X.

JohnE
09-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Sorry, double post.

LakePirate
09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I hate ESPN.

They have too much power over society.

Not a poker fan, don't worry we will show enough poker programming that you will have to become a fan.

And that is the Coors Light Cold Hard Fact.

Oh, Did you know that there are more that 2 teams that play baseball? I just found this out the other day. For all this time I thought it was just the Red Sox and Yankees.

I watched TWIB the other day from back in the 80s. It was great, just showed great plays and what happened that week. Believe it or not there used to be a baseball team in Kansas City.

/Rant over

tex
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I hate ESPN.

They have too much power over society.

Not a poker fan, don't worry we will show enough poker programming that you will have to become a fan.

And that is the Coors Light Cold Hard Fact.

Oh, Did you know that there are more that 2 teams that play baseball? I just found this out the other day. For all this time I thought it was just the Red Sox and Yankees.

I watched TWIB the other day from back in the 80s. It was great, just showed great plays and what happened that week. Believe it or not there used to be a baseball team in Kansas City.

/Rant over
You wish MTV play music too?

LakePirate
09-12-2007, 10:56 PM
You wish MTV play music too?

I would settle for MTV2.

TMCNo1
09-12-2007, 11:06 PM
And just think, I was about to get a "X Games/MC" tattoo!

Monte
09-12-2007, 11:17 PM
And just think, I was about to get a "X Games/MC" tattoo!
TRAMP:rolleyes: 8p

JohnE
09-12-2007, 11:48 PM

And I suppose there's no Santa Clause either.:mad:

GO SOX!:D

LakePirate
09-12-2007, 11:50 PM
And I suppose there's no Santa Clause either.:mad:

GO SOX!:D

Do the Sox use cameras to steal signs?

JohnE
09-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Do the Sox use cameras to steal signs?

Only once in 86 years..................