PDA

View Full Version : new trailer

budman
03-05-2005, 12:14 AM
I could use a new trailer for my 87 prostar,any idea were to get one?

MCPS205
03-05-2005, 12:54 AM
There has been one for a nautique posted on ebay a couple of times in a row... it just wont sell.

BriEOD
03-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Talk with this guy...http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=229

jsonova99
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm in the process of looking for a new trailer for my '91 right now. I found a place in Tampa that deals in EZ loaders. They are galvanized trailers with custom crossmembers for inboard boats. He wants about $1800 which incluldes a swing away tongue if you're trying to squeeze into a garage at all. He sent me a brochure which I'm still waiting on. They will deliver right to your door and make any needed adjustments. I'll post any more info that I get.

MCPS205
03-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Galvanized screams salt water... I know alot of people who would never buy a boat on a galvanized trailer because you never know where it has been. If you ever plan to sell it, dont get one. Also, they are gawd awful ugly.

jsonova99
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Galvanized screams salt water... I know alot of people who would never buy a boat on a galvanized trailer because you never know where it has been. If you ever plan to sell it, dont get one. Also, they are gawd awful ugly.

I understand what you are saying, but the painted steep trailers are terrible. Too much work trying to keep up with rust. My plan is to actually keep the original and restore it completely. I figure that I will sell it with the boat if I ever sell. Keep the new one since any other boat I get will probably also have a crappy trailer.

SKI*MC
04-15-2005, 11:17 PM
That what we are in the process of doing right now, we powder coated the frame, and gelcoated the fenders, it is like a two tone thing. The frame grey and the fenders a burgandy. It looks real nice.

erkoehler
04-16-2005, 01:13 AM
post some photos of it when you get a chance.

east tx skier
04-16-2005, 10:32 PM
I believe there's a trailer for a 93 on Ski-it-again.com

erkoehler
04-29-2005, 03:39 AM
I thought I read in one of the posts that somebody was willing to sell there trailer, but it needed alittle work. He said cheap too!

jsonova99
05-17-2005, 10:49 PM
I thought I read in one of the posts that somebody was willing to sell there trailer, but it needed alittle work. He said cheap too!

I may sell my original, if I do it will be cheap. it's for a '91 PS190, needs a total sand blast and repaint, and a little rust wrok under the bunks

Tom023
05-18-2005, 09:46 AM
After having painted trailers I went with galanized even though I don't put my boat in salt water. Just a lot easier to keep up and you will never need to sand blast and repaint. As far as looks? The way I look at it, it's a trailer! Plus I do have the option of dunking it in brackish or salt water and not worrying about it. Do that with a painted trailer just once and it will start rusting from the inside out.

jsonova99
05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
After having painted trailers I went with galanized even though I don't put my boat in salt water. Just a lot easier to keep up and you will never need to sand blast and repaint. As far as looks? The way I look at it, it's a trailer! Plus I do have the option of dunking it in brackish or salt water and not worrying about it. Do that with a painted trailer just once and it will start rusting from the inside out.

Couldn't put it better myself, I just upgraded to a galvanized EZ loader. And as far as looks go, it looks better than my rust covered original trailer.