PDA

View Full Version : did they go up in value?

rodltg2
09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/419397693.html

1boarder
09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
They stopped selling them and I heard some companies buying them back from customers for double what they payed for them. I guess they were worried about lawsuits.

rodltg2
09-11-2007, 07:24 PM
how much were they originally?

justinlkgb
09-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I think it was around 400-420?

tex
09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Why would you sale one? You are opening yourself up!

CaptCurt72
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I had one last year and sent it back after the recall. A pain in the a$$ to tow around all day. Got a trade from Sportstuff, and broke even on selling that trade.

I flew it once, and even with a driver who is really paying attention, it's too easy to flip it, and very little control.

If I still had it, I wouldn't fly it again. One gust of wind at the wrong time, and you shoot up like a rocket... and fall like a rock. That thing will go down a whole lot faster than it goes up when it inverts.

Ric
09-12-2007, 03:39 PM
I had one last year and sent it back after the recall. A pain in the a$$ to tow around all day. Got a trade from Sportstuff, and broke even on selling that trade.

I flew it once, and even with a driver who is really paying attention, it's too easy to flip it, and very little control.

If I still had it, I wouldn't fly it again. One gust of wind at the wrong time, and you shoot up like a rocket... and fall like a rock. That thing will go down a whole lot faster than it goes up when it inverts. I know it's a bad idea but it still sounds so cool! :eek:

beef
09-12-2007, 03:41 PM

If I still had it, I wouldn't fly it again. One gust of wind at the wrong time, and you shoot up like a rocket... and fall like a rock. That thing will go down a whole lot faster than it goes up when it inverts.

Same here. I got on mine with a driver that I thought could control it. My fall from 30ish feet left me seeing stars for a while. Never towed it again & eventually traded in on a couple of other Sportstuff tubes. If you want to fly behind a boat, get a parasail!

fortheboyz
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
After seeing all the crashes on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5P-FTg81Y&mode=related&search=), UH...NO WAY!