PDA

View Full Version : Counting the days before Winterization

Jet
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
[B]

The marina closes on October 15, last day in the water for my first year as a Mastercraft owner. The whole family is wondering what we are going to do until next May.

[B]How late do you guys usually boat, especially for us less fortunate in Northern US and in Canada ?

Just want to share the sadness.

On the other hand, there is still a month to go...

justinlkgb
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
I feel your pain Jet. I too had to make the dreaded appointment this week... We we still board until around the last week of September. usually it depends on weather, but after its no longer 72 or higher season is pretty much done.
Time to golf, i guess:)

Yellow X9
09-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I'll be putting my up for the year around the mid to end of October.

mjw101081
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I think i am gonna have to find my wet suit sometime in november. I may shut her down for a couple of months (jan-feb) but probably won't winterize. Periodically take her out and open her up. Man, I love Florida even with the gators and hurricanes and ameobas or however you spell it.

Sodar
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I am thinking I might winterize around November and pull back out in early March. I could use it year-around, but with dirtbike season, the holidays and snowboarding, I think I would rather see it just relax for a few months, while I enjoy some other hobbies.

tones03
09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
We yank our stuff out Labor Day weekend, do not get up North much after that. Still will throw it in the water every now and then though until October.

BrianM
09-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Bummer all of this talk about winterizing already. We go year round. Once the time changes we usually just get out for a couple of quick sets once a week. The cold months (Jan & Feb) I just drain the block after we go out just in case we catch a few freezing nights before the next weekend.

oldriver
09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
What part of Montreal are you from????
I live in the States about 5 miles from Cornwall Ontario.I usuall ski till Canadian Thanksgiving and then put her away....
Just got my new drysuit yesterday,looks like I will be using it soon.

TMCNo1
09-11-2007, 01:00 PM
We're glad to have a heated and A/C'd basement, never winterize. Just do the Stabil thing to the gas tank last time out or if like this year in the driveway, because of low water levels/drought and keep the Battery Tender Plus on the battery. Another Xmas Day or New Years Day trip would be nice, weather permitting.

6ballsisall
09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I won't winterize this year.......

Oh wait, thats because I am boatless still......:(

JohnnyB
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Buy drysuits. Trailer to landings. Ski on the water until you can walk on top of it :D

Jet
09-11-2007, 02:31 PM
What part of Montreal are you from????
I live in the States about 5 miles from Cornwall Ontario.I usuall ski till Canadian Thanksgiving and then put her away....
Just got my new drysuit yesterday,looks like I will be using it soon.
I live in Town of Mount-Royal, about 10 minutes from downtown Montreal. The boat is on Lake St-Louis. We are thinking about dry suits as well...

Jet
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Buy drysuits. Trailer to landings. Ski on the water until you can walk on top of it :D

Will think about dry suits, but I don't have a trailer yet. This year was enough expenses, first boat, equipment and toys... Maybe next year !

hester
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM
As a family we will go until the end of Sept and see what happens. My brother and I are dumb enough to go year round. Winters are not too bad here in Raleigh, NC. Probably officially winterize from Dec to Feb.

Prostar Rich
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I have a lake house in southern WI and usually put the boat up for winter storage the end of September. My schedule starts to get hectic and it is hard to find the time to get up there.

Prostar Rich

tex
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Winterization=I wear a sweatshirt when wiping the boat down!

Roonie's
09-11-2007, 06:51 PM
My boat is currently in shop and they said they are already having people come in for winterization this week.

03 35th Anniversary
09-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Winterization=I wear a sweatshirt when wiping the boat down!I with you Tex. But you have never caught me in the water when it was less than summer conditions until I got a boat with a heater. :D

oldriver
09-11-2007, 09:17 PM
well these are the best hard core boys I have found yet.And from Montreal as well.be prepared to laugh to tears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ZZfHBVMXc&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSMFNs-YkAo&mode=related&search=
watch when you have a few minutes and in the order they are listed
smiling here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YdH-l1J3VM&mode=related&search=

Lennyp04
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
You guys are all so lucky...my boat has been aranged to be taken out in 2 weekends from the last

i dont want to think about it though

atlfootr
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
[b]

The marina closes on October 15, last day in the water for my first year as a Mastercraft owner. The whole family is wondering what we are going to do until next May.
[B]How late do you guys usually boat, especially for us less fortunate in Northern US and in Canada ?
Just want to share the sadness.
On the other hand, there is still a month to go...365 DAYS A YEAR ... Winter Haven, Florida.